Customer Service 866.965.0400

TUTORIALS: What do you want to see?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't mind seeing some interior tutorials. Use of an extractor, cleaning the dash and instrument panels, and the inside of the windshield.

Interior videos is definitely a good thing, I like the one chapter by Adam where he talks about the L&I cleaner and how to apply the conditioner, but it would be great if we can have something more detailed that cover the whole interior, including the carpet, dash, seats inside of the windshield,etc.... :thumbsup:

Come to think of it I could really use a video on how not to get chicken to light my grill on fire everytime I cook it!:lolsmack::lolsmack:

Just a tiny splash of beer on the flaming spot and you are good to go. If it's charcoal, you have to be very judicious. If it's a gas grill, no problem. :D

I say windows for sure (especially inside windshield)

I will be the first to admit that I suck at windows. I work and work on them and then drive off the next morning and see stuff all over the place....drives me insane lol.

I need a good tutorial!

My first suggestion is to fill in the gaps in the product line. The last DVD doesn't show how to correctly apply American, WCW, Clear Polish, etc. While this isn't something most of us here need, it's good for newbies. The beginner how-to videos are one of the reason I bought into Adams originally and I know they've helped a couple friends get started.

Another suggestion would be using the PC to S&H/Polish on panels that aren't smooth. Something like a 3 series BMW where you have a ridge running down the door line and a couple vertical edges on the front end.

Engine Compartment on mid 2000 vehicles with very little plastic covers.

Water spot removal with PC

Chrome cleaning (I.E. light swirl removal)

Dull plastic restoration with APC, VRT & I&O Spray

Microfiber product care & cleaning

I also really love tricks.... like PB to get wax off plastic.

Another vote for how to use the PC on a body with a lot of edges/rounds.

+1 I just clayed my camaro today and the edge at mid panel on both doors got marred up a little, Im not worried because my PC arrives early next week but I sure would like to see a tutorial on this before going at it..

This may be a bad idea, and I would not advocate doing this to the kinds of cars you used in the last video, but what about what happens when you do something wrong. i.e., this is how to burn the paint right off your car (why this isn't possible with the PC but can happen with the flex or a focus pad and drill), this is what your carpets look like when you use the upholstry cleaner and don't get it all off, getting clay out when you hit the clear bra, leaving water to stand on a car without drying or using DS, etc. Then, if possible, how to correct it.

So basically your asking for a tutorial on what to do when you don't use the products correctly in the first place?? Not sure I'm gonna find too many volunteers to let me water etch their finish or burn thru the clear coat...

unless you want to loan me your car :lolsmack:

My hood needs repainting anyway. I have a second hood. And I am in Denver. So yeah, you can use my car. :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...
X2

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

What is this Ice App of Americana I read of? We travel to Mother Russia and apply the Americana to frozen vodka truck for liberty?

:willy:

I would like to see a tutorial on maintaining a clear bra! You could use my G8 is you want. :)

I think, if you can find some clear polish, you should be A OK with the Clear Bra thing. :) Better get ahold of Eric@Thompson...

Another vote on how to use a PC on edging. Every video I've seen posted on this site with the PC (adams/junkman) is demonstrated on a big flat hood or top. This isn't a realistic scenario with the sexy bodylines on most of the new cars out there. ;) Waterspot treatment would be a nice addition as well. :cheers:

Archived