Customer Service 866.965.0400

HOW TO: Engine Bay Detailing

Team Adam's

Question

took me 2 hours to wash the truck, clean/wash the wheels/tires and under the hood, dry the truck, go over the truck with detail spray, do the windows, rewash the front end with waterless wash and a bug scrubber, apply VRT to tires, and spray undercarriage.

took me 2 hours to wash the truck, clean/wash the wheels/tires and under the hood, dry the truck, go over the truck with detail spray, do the windows, rewash the front end with waterless wash and a bug scrubber, apply VRT to tires, and spray undercarriage.

2 Hours of therapy!:banana:

LOL... sticking to music like that as its the most ambiguous background music. I've tried editing with other types and generally they get distracting as you're reading the captions.

A repetitive dance track kind of just falls to the background.

Personally not my taste except for in uses like this. :cheers:

me to .....Plus the lil blue smily dudes are keeping perfect beat to the techno :lol:

Got a quick question. I have removed my engine cover on my camaro and am curious as to what a person would do who wanted to clean their engine bay with the electrical stuff underneath now exposed.

It seems pretty well sealed but I guess as a precaution wrap it in aluminum foil or something? Plastic bags wouldn't work very well considering how small and how many electrical/sensitive pieces are exposed.

Anyone have any suggestions on that? Besides putting my engine cover back on :D

The factory connectors and everything are very much water tight, but it is a case of 'you never can be too careful'.

If the engine cover is gone then I'd say yes, use a large sheet of aluminum foil, or even something like plastic cling wrap over the area. It doesn't necessarily have to be water tight, just there to deflect heavy floods of water spray.

If you keep after it you can still keep it clean with a little regular maintenance! I do on my dd!:2thumbs:

I see WCW, SVRT, and In & Out Spray in my future.

I seriously need to stop ordering this stuff! Atleast this will round out the whole set and I won't "need" anything else till I run out.

I see WCW, SVRT, and In & Out Spray in my future.

I seriously need to stop ordering this stuff! Atleast this will round out the whole set and I won't "need" anything else till I run out.

LOL that sounds like the lie we all say to convince our selves. Accept the fact that your and addict like the rest of us . LOL !!!!!!!!!!

Instead of letting the engine heat up I prefer to use compressed air to get the water out as most as possible. My body style mustangs and washing the motor don't go too well. I can't even count the threads I've seen on a mustang forum about how many people get water in their plug wells.

I don't know why you guys have a hard time resisting :D

hypnotize.gif

BUY MORE

BUY MORE

BUY MORE

BUY MORE

BUY MORE

BUY MORE

:jester:

I think i need some in and out spray for some reason now.

i attempted to watch this video. but i was completely distracted by little smilies dancing to the techno music...

...then started dancing in my office with them....

will attempt later without sound lol

i attempted to watch this video. but i was completely distracted by little smilies dancing to the techno music...

...then started dancing in my office with them....

will attempt later without sound lol

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::rockon: