Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's "Basics" Kit?

What would you all think of a "basics" kit? I thought this up because everytime I go visit my parents I end up washing their cars with the same ratty old bucket they use for everything else, some old rags, cheap old car soap that they've had in the garage since the Reagan administration, and a worn out bath towel. And the shame of it is that my parent's have some decent cars... a 2008 CTS and a nice 4Runner. So I was thinking it would be great to have a kit there waiting for me when I visit. And I think that this could be a good gift/starter package for a lot of other folks, too. Here's what I envision:

An Adam's Bucket with Lid

Bottle of Car Wash

Wash Pad

Waffle Drying Towel

and maybe a bottle of VRT and an applicator. I think the key is to keep the cost reasonable so that this becomes a no-brainer/must-have that can always be added to down the road.

Thoughts?

Rich

I am ordering one of those Perfect Wash Kits tomorrow....if the staff is in the office. :confused: I like the suggestion here though. Perhaps a "Perfect Wash Kit Lite"? Take the current kit, delete the gallons, the bucket caddy, and one of the mirco-fibers in order to get that to a comfortable price point. :thumbsup:

My problem/addiction with Adam's goods started with the Sampler Kit. I think having a basics kit, that serves a specific function, would be a good way for both those of us already indoctrinated to the Adam's way and those not yet as familiar with the products looking to meet a certain need....such as a great wash.

Happy Thanksgiving. :patriot:

I am ordering one of those Perfect Wash Kits tomorrow....if the staff is in the office. :confused: I like the suggestion here though. Perhaps a "Perfect Wash Kit Lite"? Take the current kit, delete the gallons, the bucket caddy, and one of the mirco-fibers in order to get that to a comfortable price point. :thumbsup:

My problem/addiction with Adam's goods started with the Sampler Kit. I think having a basics kit, that serves a specific function, would be a good way for both those of us already indoctrinated to the Adam's way and those not yet as familiar with the products looking to meet a certain need....such as a great wash.

Happy Thanksgiving. :patriot:

That's a good idea... or maybe use the stuff I suggested in the first post and add a microfiber cloth and the $10 4oz sampler package.

Almost 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other. My suggestion would be to include Detail Spray, a micro-fiber cloth, All Purpose Cleaner, and Glass Cleaner with what was included in your original post. :2thumbs:

You had a great idea. Just offering 1 man's opinion. The nice thing about Adam's is that they will let you make substitutions in their kits.

I think a lottery for Adam himself to come to your home and detail your car would be awesome!!! Of course the winner would have to supply the steaks/lobsters and a group of friends to purchase his products......kind of like a home detailing party!!!! Come on Adam.....this would be a BIG hit!!!!

Ok, so here's what I'd like to see:

Bottle of Car Wash

Wash Pad

Waffle Drying Towel

One Microfiber Towel

4oz Sampler Package

:thumbsup:

I agree... that sounds like a perfect *New User Package* for the first time buyer or somebody on a budget.

Bottle of Car Wash

Wash Pad

Waffle Drying Towel

One Microfiber Towel

4oz Sampler Package

:thumbsup:

And a grit guard !!!!!

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for but decided on the perfect wash kit as a compromise. I knew that I needed a wash bucket with grit guard and was looking for a kit that included one.

Call it the "weekender"

You know, JUST enough stuff to do a car or two.

Maybe even "purchase a bucket, get the sampler free" kinda deal?