Customer Service 866.965.0400

Slippery steering wheel

Marylander

Question

23 answers to this question

Since you don't know what you're talking about here's how the Magic Eraser works:

To all outward appearances, however, melamine foam erasers look and feel just like any other sponge. To view the crucial properties of melamine foam, you need to go down to the microscopic level. This is because when melamine resin cures into foam, its microstructure becomes very hard -- almost as hard as glass -- causing it to perform on stains a lot like super-fine sandpaper. You may be asking yourself, if this foam is almost as hard as glass, then how can it be like a sponge? Because it's a special type of open-cell foam.

Don, you're new here and you are not going to make any friends by being confrontational. This forum is unlike any detailing forum that you may be a member of as we respect each other and respect the opinions of others. If you would like to remain a member here, we ask that you follow that same practice.

Will that fit on a Vette's 4 spoke wheel? And I'm left handed, so won't the words be backwards??? :lolsmack:

Since I'm a lefty too, you buy it and let me know. Guess I should have found one with "arrows" instead of words. :lolsmack:

Rich, don't. It leaves a film and on dark colors, it's killer to get off. The wheelskins are a real nice product. If you have something built up on your wheel and it's slippery, try wiping it down with white vinegar and then clean it with the leather conditioner and treat with the conditioner. I don't use a lot on my wheel. Just a dab or two on the micro and wipe it on.

Actually, this is probably better for you "southern" boy.

Steering_wh_cv_001.jpg

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Will that fit on a Vette's 4 spoke wheel? And I'm left handed, so won't the words be backwards??? :lolsmack:

Since you don't know what you're talking about here's how the Magic Eraser works:

To all outward appearances, however, melamine foam erasers look and feel just like any other sponge. To view the crucial properties of melamine foam, you need to go down to the microscopic level. This is because when melamine resin cures into foam, its microstructure becomes very hard -- almost as hard as glass -- causing it to perform on stains a lot like super-fine sandpaper. You may be asking yourself, if this foam is almost as hard as glass, then how can it be like a sponge? Because it's a special type of open-cell foam.

The leather on the steering wheel gets slippery because it gets "polished" smooth by our hands. There's no type of chemical on the face of the earth that will make that smooth leather tacky again, so you have to rough up the surface slightly and that's what the Magic Eraser does. It's like a super fine sandpaper and it brings the surface of the leather back to it's original tanned state. And that's why I said to use it lightly so the colored dye isn't removed.

Here's thread where everyone says it works great Mr Nonbeliever:

http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=292500

A Mr Clean Magic Eraser will remove the slippery feel on a leather steering wheel. Just use it lightly since you can remove the dye if you scrub too hard, then follow up with some leather conditioner. If it starts to feel slippery over a period of time just do it again.

Rich, don't. It leaves a film and on dark colors, it's killer to get off. The wheelskins are a real nice product. If you have something built up on your wheel and it's slippery, try wiping it down with white vinegar and then clean it with the leather conditioner and treat with the conditioner. I don't use a lot on my wheel. Just a dab or two on the micro and wipe it on.

Actually, this is probably better for you "southern" boy.

Steering_wh_cv_001.jpg

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

A Mr Clean Magic Eraser will remove the slippery feel on a leather steering wheel. Just use it lightly since you can remove the dye if you scrub too hard, then follow up with some leather conditioner. If it starts to feel slippery over a period of time just do it again.

After treating any of our cars leather wheels with Adam's Leather Conditioner, they're slippery for a bit. I often wear leather driving gloves: no more slip!

I also have very nice Wheelskins leather steering wheel covers on three of our cars. They're the lace up type and look nice IMO.

Archived