Customer Service 866.965.0400

Favorite place(s) to eat - and why

mc2hill

what is broasted chicken?:lurk:

basically a pressure fryer, designed to cook each individual piece of chicken "under pressure" in the chicken's own natural juices, limiting the absorption of cooking oil and driving the marinade deep down to the bone while searing the chicken with a golden, crispy-crunchy coating. :drool:

Freebirds World Burritos :D! If you aint tried one, you owe it to yourself! the decor is awesome and you can make things out of the foil your burritos come wrapped in and leave them around the store. Lady Liberty is usually on a motorcycle in every restaurant.

Five guys or billy bobs for burgers :P

Five guys or billy bobs for burgers :P

As a 'chain' restaurant I agree with Five Guys, good burgers and fries.

Speaking of chains, the ChickenBurger (chicken burger? :confused: you gotta 'splain that Jim) reminded me of: Chick-Fil-A is a great Monday thru Saturday stop. I like the regular chicken sandwich, but the breakfast Chicken Mini's are fantastic. Also real lemonade and sweet tea!

basically a pressure fryer, designed to cook each individual piece of chicken "under pressure" in the chicken's own natural juices, limiting the absorption of cooking oil and driving the marinade deep down to the bone while searing the chicken with a golden, crispy-crunchy coating. :drool:

Jersey, I don't like you now. With a discription like that and a general lack of broaster chicken in my area, your discrition is .... delicious. :drool:

Those in Detoit, Chicken Delight. There is one at Hall Road and Hayes. and one off of 696 and ryan (?). Five years later I still remember where they are.

Jersey, I don't like you now. With a discription like that and a general lack of broaster chicken in my area, your discrition is .... delicious. :drool:

Those in Detoit, Chicken Delight. There is one at Hall Road and Hayes. and one off of 696 and ryan (?). Five years later I still remember where they are.

I got it online... :)

Whataburger for fast food burgers

Fuddrucker's for sit down burgers or wild game burgers (wild boar FTW)

Dairy Queen for soft serve ice cream treats

Freebirds for burritos

Carrabba's for italian food (the original restaurant in Houston is the best)

Cheesecake Factory for anything they make, especially cheesecake

any hole in the wall place and only in TEXAS for mexican food

the Junkman for Dagwood pizza

and the Big Texan in Amarillo for 72oz. steaks

Burgers: In-N-Out

Subs: Togo's

Yes, I'm from California but I have done a lot of traveling around in the Army. Those two will never change.

But some of my favorites from elsewhere:

The Crab Pot, Seattle. Touristy, but fresh crab legs cannot be denied!

My in-laws, Colorado Springs. Not a restaurant, but dang it if isn't my favorite place for mexican anywhere! My wife cooks like that too! We like going to Red Top for dinner plate sized burgers when we are there too.

Fire Wok, San Antonio. Fresh fresh fresh. Food is incredible.

Buckhead Grill, Columbus, GA. A little spendy, but the food and wait staff are top notch. We also frequent Pho Vy a lot for some very good pho (Vietnamese noodle soup). We pretty much find the best pho restaurant where ever we are and become regulars. :D

...and the Big Texan in Amarillo for 72oz. steaks

Holy Cow! I haven't thought of this place in years. Use to stop in there when driving from CO to FL and back. We'd treat ourselves to a great steak dinner. Never dared try the 72 oz steak. :drool:

Burgers: In-N-Out

....My in-laws, Colorado Springs. Not a restaurant, but dang it if isn't my favorite place for mexican anywhere! My wife cooks like that too! ... :D

I love mexican. Can we stop by? :lolsmack:

As a 'chain' restaurant I agree with Five Guys, good burgers and fries.

Speaking of chains, the ChickenBurger (chicken burger? :confused: you gotta 'splain that Jim) reminded me of: Chick-Fil-A is a great Monday thru Saturday stop. I like the regular chicken sandwich, but the breakfast Chicken Mini's are fantastic. Also real lemonade and sweet tea!

Hmmmm, how to explain The Chickenburger......

It's one of those places that becomes a local institution. Somewhere you are almost obligated to go to at least a couple times a year. In a city of half a million and only one location, they do alright!! LOL

It was opened near the beginning of WWII when the Innes family saw a great opportunity with the tens of thousands of sailors, soldiers and airmen passing through Halifax awaiting transport to the UK. The same family ran it until about three years ago when a local businessman bought it from the Innes'. That caused a HUGE uproar in the local press until he promised that he would not change anything about it. There were lots of offers over the years to franchise the idea, but the Innes' were having nothing to do with it.

So basically a family run and owned local business for 71 years, 50's decor, right down to the individual (and still working!!) jukeboxes in each booth. The famous burger itself is just perfectly cooked chunks of chicken, white and dark meat in a steamed bun. No sauces, no spices. Plain. And I never get away from the place without eating 3 or 4, only because I don't want to appear to be a pig.....:lolsmack:

• 3 months later...

:bump:

We are hitting the road this weekend, so I came to this thread to get some recommendations (one of the reasons for starting it!).

Please share more of your favorites.:grouphug:

• 4 months later...

There is a new Cajun place in town - Tibby's. The food is very good, and was 'blessed' by my friend from Louisiana. We have been there several times now, and everything we have gotten has been excellent.

One of my favorite places to eat is the Roosertail on the Detroit River.

I don't have a favorite thing to eat there because all the things I have tried are great.

Celebrities eat here often so you never know who you might see.

Roostertail

Another of my favorite is in Detroit's Mexican Town. Best Mexican Food I have ever eaten.

Mexican Town Restaurant

Soshi melcos! (or however you spell it)

I love that place, but I'm always scared walking around that neighborhood lol

So many places I could list...

The Back Abbey -

insane little gastro-pub that I make a habit of going to before most Angels home games. Gotta love a place with a beer menu thats a mile long and full of some of the best beers from all over europe and a food menu thats short but full of awesome. The back abbey burger is not to be missed...

Orange Hill -

Amazing cuisine, some of the best steaks I've ever eaten, and a million dollar view tucked up on a hidden hill in Orange County. Hard to find, but those that know about it love it. Best kept secret around IMO

La Piccoletta Ristorante -

Another well kept secret... literally tucked down a side street, almost in an alley. This place only opens for dinner and has seating for MAYBE 20 people inside if you're lucky. The menu changes daily and has amazing home style italian food. The inside is a collection of old church pews and other old world looking wood. The experience is just as much a part of it as the food.

Caffé Allegro Ristorante Italiano - Italian Dining in La Verne and Upland California -

Been eating here for years and knowing the owner/head chef has its perks. He always has a nice little something extra not on the menu for us when my wife and I stop in for a romantic dinner. Food is exceptional, especially the seared ahi tuna over fresh baby spinach.

Pizzeria da Lupo - A Boulder Pizza Place -

Adam always finds time to take me here for lunch when I'm in town and man is the food awesome! Unassuming little place buried in a normal looking shopping center. Awesome pizzas, salads, and panini's!

I could go on and on and on....

Well I have not done a ton of traveling in my life so i have not been to many different places to eat.

My favorite place to get a burger is In-n-out. There burgers are always perfect and i think they may be addictive. Its been 6 months since i had one and im starting to have Withdrawals.:lolsmack: When i lived in AZ I had one about a mile from my house, now I live 2 1/2 hours from one.

My 2 favorite types of food are BBQ and Mexican

I love BBQ and try to eat it everywhere I go ( I need to travel to the south more). I cant say which is the best but we have a local place here calle Wubbas that is amazing

Best Mexican: 2 way tie #1 EL Taco Tote- Best authentic tacos ever. They have locations all over the southwest. (Phoenix, Tucson, San Antonio, Houston etc..)

#2 BK's Carne Asada and Hot Dogs (Tucson). There Carne Asada is amazing, slow cooked in Mesquite, Mmmmmmm

BK Carne Asada & Hot Dogs

But the best thing about BK's is the Sonoran Hot Dog, The Single Greatest Culinary Creation Know To Man!!! It is a Tucson staple like the Cheesesteak to Philly and BK's makes the best.

For those of you who have never heard of Sonoran Dog: Its and All beef hot dog, wrapped in bacon, stuffed in a Bolillo Bread (which is a kinda sweet soft mexican bread), covered in grilled onions, pinot beans, Tomatoes, some Jalapeno sauce, Mustard, and Mayo. Just thinking about them makes me :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:. I have been trying to learn how to make them myself.

new-essentials-sonoran-hotdog-x.jpg?500:500

just got back from a weekend vacation to San Francisco and Napa, Ca

i ate the BEST ribeye i've ever had at Buckeye Roadhouse in Sausalito, just north of San Fran. it was fairly priced.

we also ate at Scoma's at Fisherman's Wharf one night. they have really good (and expensive) seafood. its was the highest rated seafood restaurant in that area.

in Napa, we found a brewhouse called Downtown Joe's that had some great homebrewed beer and really good burgers.

In Michigan my favorites are:

Zingermans Deli in Ann Arbor, Mom went to Michigan and we had season football tickets, pretty much grew up with their sandwiches before games on saturdays. Amazing array bread, cheese and meat to choose from, some very "out there".

Another is Captain Nemos Subs, there are a few out there but the one I like is in Belleville, mi. That was my dad's hometown and my mom and dad went there when they were kids, its a hole in the wall pretty much but has just amazing food.