Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not for the faint of heart...

Justin@SwanCreek

Question

I recieved a call from a good friend of mine this morning... I could tell right away that something was wrong just from his tone. He informs me that he found his car this morning with gallon of paint all over his car... so I rushed over to assist in damage control....

Here is what I found.... (ps after pictures will be posted once I finish the car)

There are no words to describe the pain that would be inflicted on the culprit.

Not sure if your friend is filing a claim on his insurance but if he has Comprehensive, it's covered minus applicable deductible.

It does look like it's oil based...(based on the way it was dripping down the side)...but obviously I could be wrong. :)

Getting the paint off may not be that bad. Assuming it's latex paint, go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy some of this: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100115816/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

It''s also available in a spray bottle. I've used this stuff to get dried paint off wood, tile, clothes, sneakers, and other surfaces without ever causing damage to anything. It works very well (even on years-old paint) and it will be a godsend for getting the paint out of the narrow, difficult parts. Be sure to test in an inconspicuous area first, of course.

Good luck! And just what did your buddy do to get someone this angry? :lolsmack:

fbdbedd0-0a95-4b6f-952a-15c538a06061_300.jpg

I would go immediately to the coin car wash, and powerwash the snot out of that paint. I bet 90% will blast right off. Go easy on the moldings. Keep us posted!

Ex girlfriend? Who hates this person??

We still have no idea as too who could have done it... After 15 hours of pain staking work I have to say I am really happy with the results and how well adams products work...

Steps:

Power wash

Clean tires and rims

Clean tail pipe

Spray down with foam gun

Hand wash with two bucket system

Dry

Open and clean engine compartment, rear lift gate, fuel tank cover, drivers door jam, and sun roof (with steam, wcw, & apc).

Clay bar entire car

1 pass with swirl and haze removal

1 pass with FMP

And then I finished up with BG and SVRT and sprayed the whole car down with detail spray....

And here are the results...

Archived