Customer Service 866.965.0400

Levi's Now Offering a MADE IN THE USA option

Team Adam's

Do people really spend that much on Jeans? And on Levi's no less? I mean Kudos to Levi's for selling SOMETHING atleast made in the US but those prices are a bit high IMO. I'm all for paying a premium on US made stuff but $178+ for Levi's? And whats with only 3 styles? I wear 569's, my legs need to breathe!

Levi's Made in the USA jeans lineup.... Epic Fail.

Why do I say that? $178 for a pair of jeans? The same jeans on their website NOT made in the USA are $50. Sounds like a way to rip off Americans if you ask me. Too bad because we need more products that are made in the good 'ol USA.

Levi's Made in the USA jeans lineup.... Epic Fail.

Why do I say that? $178 for a pair of jeans? The same jeans on their website NOT made in the USA are $50. Sounds like a way to rip off Americans if you ask me. Too bad because we need more products that are made in the good 'ol USA.

Annual income of unskilled textile worker in China: $1.07 an hour

Annual income of unskilled textile worker in America: $9.78 an hour

American workers are paid almost 10x their chinese counterparts and lets be honest would you be able to make a reasonable existence for yourself if you made only $9.78 an hour? I know I wouldn't.

The cost of the USA version is hardly 10x the imported ones....

And I'm guilty of buying True Religion, Paper, or other designer jeans for $200 a pair... I'd feel much better handing $200 to Levi's if I knew it supported American workers.

At $9.78/hour that would be 13 hours to make up the $128 difference, and thats not subtracting the $1.07 they pay for labor over there. Something tells me it doesn't take 13 hours to make a pair of jeans.

I understand the cost is more to have them made here, and I would gladly pay $20 more for jeans made here. But $128 more?!

At $9.78/hour that would be 13 hours to make up the $128 difference, and thats not subtracting the $1.07 they pay for labor over there. Something tells me it doesn't take 13 hours to make a pair of jeans.

I understand the cost is more to have them made here, and I would gladly pay $20 more for jeans made here. But $128 more?!

You're ignoring all the other parts of production, overhead, sales, raw materials, marketing, etc. I'm sure theres plenty of profit built in... but who am I to question how much Levi's wants to make on their products? Its their company... if they have a set profit margin its totally feasible. No one here has any idea what percentage of a pair of levis is profit vs. cost...

Heck, don't like it, don't buy em! :2thumbs:

I know where your coming from, but long story short IMHO that is a huge price difference for a pair of jeans...

You think thats a lot look up pricing on a pair of True Religion, Diesel, 7's or any other 'designer' jeans... then take into consideration THEY DO MAKE THOSE IN CHINA.

I'm right there with you guys... I have 1 or 2 pairs of 'designer' jeans, other than that the 10 or so pair that I actually wear are 514's. I just figured if you're gonna spend over $100 on a pair at least you could spend it where it does the most good.

That's why I reposted the link to All American Clothing Company. 40$ for jeans made in the USA, using American products, from American farms. None of that nearly 200$ crap levi is trying to sell you. I'm not sure what's worse, giant mega companies patronizing you by pretending they are supporting America, or them doing it at an insane profit. When is this country going to wake up?

Screw Levi, I'm sticking with http://www.allamericanclothing.com/ Not only are they made here but they support other American industry too unlike Levi where everything is done over seas then assembled here by robots.

I have only bought my jeans from here since a link to this company was posted in another thread. Shipping has been very fast and have not had any issues with the jeans. I like them better than and Levi's or Tommy Hilfiger that I have bought in the past.

I have worn Levis since high school, and that has been some time, 501's, up until a few years ago, and went instead to carharts. Got tired of the seems running around my leg like a barber pole, and the fact they were made elsewhere other than the USA! And no way that I will pay over a hundred dollars for a pair of jeans!

But each to his or her own.

Bluezey

Archived