Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

47 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Watched an SUV lose control on black ice right in front of me, swerve, just miss on-coming traffic, head into a ditch and flip. Jumped out of my car and found both mom and daughter shaken but safely strapped into their seatbelts. The husband/dad was just a couple cars behind so while I can only imagine watching in fear as he likely did, at least he was on scene within seconds to find them unharmed. Got them both out and passed my contact info in case a witness is needed. Goes to show seatbelts can and do work...and a 4WD SUV isn't impervious to ice.

FWIW, I immediately turned around and headed home...the errand wasn't worth it and can be done tomorrow.

Yikes! Good to hear everyone is ok. That would have been intense. It was good of you to stop and help.  I’m sure they appreciated it.  

3 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Watched an SUV lose control on black ice right in front of me, swerve, just miss on-coming traffic, head into a ditch and flip. Jumped out of my car and found both mom and daughter shaken but safely strapped into their seatbelts. The husband/dad was just a couple cars behind so while I can only imagine watching in fear as he likely did, at least he was on scene within seconds to find them unharmed. Got them both out and passed my contact info in case a witness is needed. Goes to show seatbelts can and do work...and a 4WD SUV isn't impervious to ice.

FWIW, I immediately turned around and headed home...the errand wasn't worth it and can be done tomorrow.

I know man I don't know what the deal was today the weather was weird....  It was freezing rain. It was insane in Highland s Ranch today too where I am at. I saw on someones instagram story that highway 93 was so covered in ice, cars were literally sliding off the road to the shoulder of the road. No one could drive on it. That is great and extremely nice of you to help out Chris. I would have done the same thing. I am sure they were extremely grateful. 

On 11/17/2018 at 8:27 PM, falcaineer said:

Winter tires. That is all.

Spend some time cleaning the new to me car I picked up a month ago - starting with the leather seats 🤢 The bottom part has been cleaner and the rest still needs to be done.  Not a bad car for $400 though, it needs a lot of love but should be a great daily driver once she's all fixed up. The paint is dull and looks flat, even though its metallic, so waiting until I can hit it with some polish to bring it back to life. 

unnamed.jpg

CC Detroit.jpg

17 hours ago, joelilton23 said:

Spend some time cleaning the new to me car I picked up a month ago - starting with the leather seats 🤢 The bottom part has been cleaner and the rest still needs to be done.  Not a bad car for $400 though, it needs a lot of love but should be a great daily driver once she's all fixed up. The paint is dull and looks flat, even though its metallic, so waiting until I can hit it with some polish to bring it back to life. 

unnamed.jpg

CC Detroit.jpg

What a difference already! Keep at it, Joel. Looking forward to updates...

21 hours ago, joelilton23 said:

unnamed.jpg

CC Detroit.jpg

$400 ?????  Great deal!   

Woke up this morning at 8 a.m. to the sound of a big truck in my driveway.  Guy that was supposed to come two weeks ago to cut my tree showed up with his cherry picker to do the job. $300 later, the tree has been sufficiently trimmed back away from the house so that will make the insurance people happy.  Massive silver maple with arms that go in every direction.  Still too cold to do anything on the car, and tomorrow our high is only going to be low 20's.  Not that I'd do anything tomorrow anyhow. 

And Huckelberry is the perfect name for that pooch!!  Or any Lab.  They're all feet and tails.  Great breed. 

• 4 weeks later...

The furnace has been acting a little wonky this past week. It would start to turn on and the flames would begin, but then it would shut off. That cycle would happen a few times then everything would stop for about an hour or so. Then it would repeat. Found out the most common cause is a dirty flame sensor. So I pulled it out and cleaned it with a cheap $1.50 diswash pad (pack of 3, so really 50¢), and voila...heat! Gotta love Google.

IMG_20181215_102813.thumb.jpg.626ac8a47a31a2cf0baaea60ec06bcab.jpg

IMG_20181215_103040.thumb.jpg.6f07a4e17b7c319eedab56ce8fb4bb67.jpg

Hate to admit this.... but I finally washed my truck for the first time sunce about the end of winter.... about 5 months ago. 

Scrubbed and and scrubbed my tires so I can apply the new tire armour. Might have to apply another coat to get the minimal shine I like but we shall see what it looks like tomorrow. 

Had hopes of doing trim restorer today also but didnt have time time to accomplish that task. It requires 6 hours of cure time before getting wet.  I had hopes of doing that today so I can apply my trim coating this week. Will have to see how the week plays out. 

Also so wanted to try out the new H2.0 but will try that out after I do the trim coating. 

On 12/15/2018 at 5:49 PM, Firebuff17 said:

Hate to admit this.... but I finally washed my truck for the first time sunce about the end of winter.... about 5 months ago. 

Scrubbed and and scrubbed my tires so I can apply the new tire armour. Might have to apply another coat to get the minimal shine I like but we shall see what it looks like tomorrow. 

Had hopes of doing trim restorer today also but didnt have time time to accomplish that task. It requires 6 hours of cure time before getting wet.  I had hopes of doing that today so I can apply my trim coating this week. Will have to see how the week plays out. 

Also so wanted to try out the new H2.0 but will try that out after I do the trim coating. 

Can a moderator remove Firebuff17’s membership immediately??!! 5 months since last Washing?????   I nearly passed out after reading that!!😜

Not today, but yesterday the wife and I took part in the Wreaths Across America event. Our local cemetery has 7200 veterans laid to rest there, including her brother and dad, two of my brothers and an uncle and cousin.  It was an honor and privilege to lay the wreaths and say their names aloud.  If there's one in  your area next year, take a couple hours out of your time to take part.

Today, I discovered that my gas grill regulator is broke. It's only 3 years old and not used that much. Weber Spirit grill.  So the steaks didn't get cooked today. Maybe I can get the part at Lowes tomorrow or Home Depot.  Hopefully one of them will have it and I won't have to wait for an online delivery.

7 hours ago, Rich said:

Not today, but yesterday the wife and I took part in the Wreaths Across America event. Our local cemetery has 7200 veterans laid to rest there, including her brother and dad, two of my brothers and an uncle and cousin.  It was an honor and privilege to lay the wreaths and say their names aloud.  If there's one in  your area next year, take a couple hours out of your time to take part.

Today, I discovered that my gas grill regulator is broke. It's only 3 years old and not used that much. Weber Spirit grill.  So the steaks didn't get cooked today. Maybe I can get the part at Lowes tomorrow or Home Depot.  Hopefully one of them will have it and I won't have to wait for an online delivery.

Rich

That must have been honor to take part in the Wreaths Across America. I happened to be working the night the convoy from Maine passed through on its way to Arlington. Several of our trucks from my Dept lined a few of the highway overpasses as they passed by. And from the sounds of it... we were not the only Dept to to do it. It was amazing to see the convoy. If we were closer to a wreath laying event I would have participated in that. 

• 1 month later...

Found some discoloration on my coffee table. It was like a cloudy square haze. Wouldn’t come off no matter what. I tried cold, heat, APC, Interior detailer and nothing worked till I tried using Brilliant Glaze. With elbow grease it disappeared. What replaced it was a super shine and slick surface that you can see on top left part on Picture #1. After waiting few days to see how the BG held on I decided to do the whole table and the result is Picture #2! Now it smells like coconut heaven, slick and shiny! 

D7B36454-D555-46EF-98FF-1F8E611659EA.jpeg

EB3CBB53-7A6D-4F91-9908-C2D7FEA119E5.jpeg

On 1/22/2019 at 1:24 AM, LuckyKorean said:

Found some discoloration on my coffee table. It was like a cloudy square haze. Wouldn’t come off no matter what. I tried cold, heat, APC, Interior detailer and nothing worked till I tried using Brilliant Glaze. With elbow grease it disappeared. What replaced it was a super shine and slick surface that you can see on top left part on Picture #1. After waiting few days to see how the BG held on I decided to do the whole table and the result is Picture #2! Now it smells like coconut heaven, slick and shiny! 

D7B36454-D555-46EF-98FF-1F8E611659EA.jpeg

EB3CBB53-7A6D-4F91-9908-C2D7FEA119E5.jpeg

Adam's new Brilliant Glaze Furniture Polish!  :lolsmack:  Table looks great!