Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Replaced all ten smoke detectors in the house, with two of them being combo smoke/carbon monoxide detectors.

These ones have built-in batteries that are supposed to last 10 years, so hopefully no more chirping detectors in the middle of the night.

For those of you that might not know this, the detectors should be replaced every 10 years, as the sensors wear out.  Newer ones will chirp when the sensors start to go out, but older detectors may not.  If your smoke or CO detectors might be more than 10 years old, then it would be advisable to replace them.  If you're not sure, then take one down and check if there is a date of manufacture on the inside.

Amazon is running a promo on Kidde products this month, "Buy $100, get $20 off".  I ended up placing three separate orders for the various detectors, with each order getting $20 off, so saved $60 total.

http://a.co/gAsALt2

http://a.co/gYPoSWt

Since it didn't take too long to replace them, I also took apart the jetted tub enclosure to replace the shower wand hose that was broken.

Replaced all ten smoke detectors in the house, with two of them being combo smoke/carbon monoxide detectors.

These ones have built-in batteries that are supposed to last 10 years, so hopefully no more chirping detectors in the middle of the night.

For those of you that might not know this, the detectors should be replaced every 10 years, as the sensors wear out.  Newer ones will chirp when the sensors start to go out, but older detectors may not.  If your smoke or CO detectors might be more than 10 years old, then it would be advisable to replace them.  If you're not sure, then take one down and check if there is a date of manufacture on the inside.

Amazon is running a promo on Kidde products this month, "Buy $100, get $20 off".  I ended up placing three separate orders for the various detectors, with each order getting $20 off, so saved $60 total.

http://a.co/gAsALt2

http://a.co/gYPoSWt

I took Dan up on the Kidde savings and ended up swapping mine out with these same ones. All my detectors were original with the house (2006) so I was definitely due. I only had 5 detectors to swap though, 3 smoke and 2 combo smoke/carbon monoxide. Changed all mine with live wires because I'm a dare devil. Or maybe I'm just dumb.  :lolsmack: 

Watched as a couple "washed" their car with the gas station windshield wands. Snickered, then teared up a little. I really need to start carrying Adam's paraphernalia to hand out in these dire circumstances.  :willy:

On the way home from work, drove by my neighbor who was wiping down his GMC pick-up with a gasoline soaked rag while smoking a cigarette.  :o

I'm not sure which bothered me more, the gasoline soaked rag on the paint or the cigarette being near the rag :lol:

If you were close enough to smell the gasoline and cigarette together, I would be far more worried about that combination... you're too close!

If you were close enough to smell the gasoline and cigarette together, I would be far more worried about that combination... you're too close!

I didn't actually smell the gasoline. The knucklehead had the gas can right there on the ground next to him. When I realized what he was doing I'll admit I drove by pretty quickly. Hahaha

Provided security for the clubhouse all week at the Solheim Cup, the ladies version of the Ryder Cup. 14-18 hour days, but met some great people from around the country and world. Headed to our state fair today to eat my way through it and see Kid Rock tonight.http://www.solheimcupusa.com/overview

https://www.iowastatefair.org/entertainment/

Put my freshly polished and painted wheels back together, but not before I ceramic coated the raw alloy to stop them oxidizing and pitting and the centres copped some too - worst job ever! So many little spaces, but I'm glad they will be super easy to keep clean now. Thanks, Adam's!

post-15432-0-78007700-1503285933_thumb.jpg

post-15432-0-73399400-1503285934_thumb.jpg

The rims came out great Joel Two thumbs up!

Put my freshly polished and painted wheels back together, but not before I ceramic coated the raw alloy to stop them oxidizing and pitting and the centres copped some too - worst job ever! So many little spaces, but I'm glad they will be super easy to keep clean now. Thanks, Adam's!

attachicon.gifssr1.jpg

attachicon.gifssr2.jpg

Edited by ocdrifter

The rims came out great Joel Two thumbs up!

Cheers!

I agree the rims look great, but I hope you leaned them up against one of your neighbor's cars. Haha :lol: 

Haha nah that's my car - the front bar is riddled with stone chips and the paint is flaking off (previous owner didn't look after it like I do  :angry: ) so I was more worried about the car damaging the wheels! 

Washed, dried, folded and put away two loads of MF towels.

Unloaded then loaded dishwasher.

Hand washed pots and pans.

Fixed wobbly kitchen chair.

Swept and damp mopped kitchen floor.

Wiped down the entire set of stainless steel appliances.

Stripped two spinning reels of old fluorocarbon then restrung with fresh line.

Went to local pond and pierced many sets of lips with a wacky rigged 4" worm.

The SS is at that point between Waterless Wash or Rinseless Wash and now I'm too tired to do either.

Worst part is I feel today was a wasted day since the one thing I wanted to get done this weekend didn't get done.

Edited by Captain Slow

Washed, dried, folded and put away two loads of MF towels.

Unloaded then loaded dishwasher.

Hand washed pots and pans.

Fixed wobbly kitchen chair.

Swept and damp mopped kitchen floor.

Wiped down the entire set of stainless steel appliances.

Stripped two spinning reels of old fluorocarbon then restrung with fresh line.

Went to local pond and pierced many sets of lips with a wacky rigged 4" worm.

The SS is at that point between Waterless Wash or Rinseless Washand now I'm too tired to do either.

Worst part is I feel today was a wasted day since the one thing I wanted to get done this weekend didn't get done.

Thankfully it's only Saturday. Unless you work tomorrow.

For me, couple doctors appointments between me and my daughter, then watched the Mayweather-McGregor fight. A lot better than I anticpated, but the outcome was about what I expected.

Tomorrow, GOT season finale!!!!!