Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Finished up the bathroom to where shower floor can go in on Tuesday and walls on Wednesday.  Not sure when shower enclosure goes up.  Red stuff goes on pink and dries red.  Supposedly isn't needed for my finished surface, but I did it.  Creates a waterproof membrane.  Was told I didn't even need to mud and tape the walls in the shower, but I ddi that too.  

IMG_5068.JPG

Washed and waxed up the Vette yesterday for a cruise in today to support our local animal shelter.  Three hours at the show and it rained .  Just a shower.  Wiped her down after and the sun came out bright.  My wife was watching the sky and we got to talking to people (you know how it goes) and she starts "it's going to rain".   10 minutes later "Rich, it's going to really rain".  Ten minutes later we finally decide to leave because it's starting to sprinkle.  Heading off the mountain towards home and we could see the rain coming down in the distance and I tried to outrun it.  No luck  Got caught big time in a total downpour, wipers on super speed, and the car is now in need of another wash.  This summer has been a total bust so far. We had hotel booked, and were registered for Chevy Nationals at Carlisle this weekend, but all it did was rain, and they were calling for thunderstorms all day Saturday so we cancelled and stayed home.  I'm over this rain. We've had maybe a dozen days total without rain since Spring started.  And no sign of it changing any time soon.  Bummed. 

44 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Got hit with these. I really don't like hail. ? Thankfully, the rides were safely tucked away in the garage.

IMG_20180624_125822.thumb.jpg.8c20c9f14382667d2b8d0bb8de5d03c9.jpg

Then went and played 18 on the Air Force Academy! ?️‍♂️

Whoa those are huge!   At least you weren’t on the course yet.  I went out for the first time this year and chipped in from 25yrds out to make a par on the first hole.  Aaaaannnnddd it went downhill from there! 

32 minutes ago, 8675309'SS said:

Whoa those are huge!   At least you weren’t on the course yet.  I went out for the first time this year and chipped in from 25yrds out to make a par on the first hole.  Aaaaannnnddd it went downhill from there! 

Actually, I probably could've played one of those when I lost a ball on 17! ? Congrats on the long par. If anything, that'll keep you coming back.

Took the day off to take wife to Dr appointment.  That fell thru and it just happened to be the day that the shower floor went in.  I decided to keep the day off being I had a couple to burn before August.  Shower floor was put in today, walls tomorrow.  There is a step piece that goes around the outside of the floor, but the guy said the wall guys put them in so that it make their process easier.  Walls will extend over the 6 inch whited pieces to the shower floor.  Was able to get the front and back door sheetrock mudded and tapped.  Goal is to have it all painted before I leave for vacation on Wednesday morning.  

IMG_5139.JPG

IMG_5140.JPG

IMG_5142.JPG

2 hours ago, LFairbanks said:

Took the day off to take wife to Dr appointment.  That fell thru and it just happened to be the day that the shower floor went in.  I decided to keep the day off being I had a couple to burn before August.  Shower floor was put in today, walls tomorrow.  There is a step piece that goes around the outside of the floor, but the guy said the wall guys put them in so that it make their process easier.  Walls will extend over the 6 inch whited pieces to the shower floor.  Was able to get the front and back door sheetrock mudded and tapped.  Goal is to have it all painted before I leave for vacation on Wednesday morning.  

IMG_5139.JPG

IMG_5140.JPG

IMG_5142.JPG

Reading that quickly I first thought it said you fell through the shower floor. ? I'm glad that didn't happen. ?

Went to the US Senior Open. Good people, good beer, good golf...all add up to a great day!

IMG_20180701_131315.thumb.jpg.452aa1dcba6b8df3a6e0b2e30eba82ca.jpg

Teeing off on 3...or maybe it was 4...

IMG_20180701_135348.thumb.jpg.fc9d523e412d55b44f4833c8d7273d8b.jpg

Vijay. He's a big man with a really smooth swing!

IMG_20180701_152716.thumb.jpg.c618eae2af5f3411ec81136c4646804f.jpg

Miguel Jimenez

IMG_20180701_142649.thumb.jpg.eb015a90d74f2c45342139c5c2c97f0f.jpg

Fred Couples on a very hard green at 11 (and what a view of Colorado Springs!)

IMG_20180701_142120.thumb.jpg.5a531849c56be713919e15c850a7fd51.jpg

Billy Mayfair on 8

IMG_20180701_155532.thumb.jpg.cd455aee0da9120145daa2f8cafc1f88.jpg

Eventual champ David Toms on 6...long, difficult putt for birdie he'd leave just short

IMG_20180701_161257.thumb.jpg.10d04e0ebff8a2665bd79505775191ca.jpg

A view of 18 with the Broadmoor as the backdrop

92* here yesterday, so we did a Cars and Coffee morning cruise and breakfast at a local place.  Today was 94* but we ventured out to a good cruise in about 30 miles away. Good friends, and right next to a DQ for ice cream.  Had our son over for dinner (steaks and shrimp on the grill) and then just relaxed on the patio for a bit even though the temps were still in the 80's.  Hate these super hot days.  40 years ago, we had a week of super hot dry weather like this, then a front stalled and trained over our town dumping 11 inches of rain in 10 hours and we had our third major flood.  Killed our city.  I'm finding myself hoping that this isn't a repeat.  1889, 1936, and 1977..........all around 40 years apart. Are we due again? 

Thought a few of you might appreciate these corvette photos from the GM Heritage Collection. I went as an offered activity with the car show over the weekend.  I invited my dad to go with me and am really glad he did.  He told me the Mako Shark Concept sparked his love of Vettes.  Can’t believe he never mentioned it before. 

I’ll update this post later with a link to more pictures. I also toured the COPO Build Center and took some photos there.

FD7C8BE3-782C-4900-83D7-F708A7157B25.jpeg

76FA3881-8E3E-44BB-80BC-D52DADF44340.jpeg

310C5F25-CC06-4B3D-9E6E-6293CEF88B93.jpeg

446055CD-2FDC-471A-BDF6-0C1E6C7371D4.jpeg

4BA0DCDF-087C-4452-85C6-1AB50FCC92BE.jpeg

CF89EF06-AA01-4E4E-9467-B88EC34EA135.jpeg

91082D79-876F-4E96-87E8-41256EAC8298.jpeg

4C336950-403F-4614-B2A4-556C9F63348B.jpeg

46E02663-2A1A-4BC9-A642-CB8C6A6981CF.jpeg

028B4DC2-C5EB-4BB7-A2BE-A628EB1D9B10.jpeg

6123B886-566A-4EB0-95D2-FB8911AB5612.jpeg

8B64479F-594B-4739-8A12-69332FD52EB7.jpeg

2F436266-C1F0-4A7F-879F-994F847A061F.jpeg

49 minutes ago, 8675309'SS said:

Thought a few of you might appreciate these corvette photos from the GM Heritage Collection. I went as an offered activity with the car show over the weekend.  I invited my dad to go with me and am really glad he did.  He told me the Mako Shark Concept sparked his love of Vettes.  Can’t believe he never mentioned it before. 

I’ll update this post later with a link to more pictures. I also toured the COPO Build Center and took some photos there.

6123B886-566A-4EB0-95D2-FB8911AB5612.jpeg

8B64479F-594B-4739-8A12-69332FD52EB7.jpeg

Looks like the Manta Ray could use a little Swirl Killer action ;).

Finished painting and sheet rock on inside of doors.  Walls went up in the shower today.  Pieces around top lip on edge of tub will be put in later.  Installer miss cut pieces.  My nightmare come true on brass nipple length for handheld shower stub.  1 1/2 is too short and 2 inch is too long.  Need to find an 1 3/4 length.  Coming together though.

IMG_5166.JPG

IMG_5169.JPG

IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5172.JPG

I know I'm not the first to do this, but it was a first for me... so I thought I'd share. The far left heater control knob in my 1965 Mustang felt completely unattached to the cable that opens and closes the hinged heater box door. It's a simple, effective design requiring no electricity and I was pretty sure it would be an easy one-hour project. The thing is, getting to the heater control arm and cable is nearly impossible without removing the rally pac from the steering column and the instrument cluster from the dash.  So, to verify my suspicions I inserted a endoscope that sends a wireless live feed to my cell phone. It didn't take long to discover that the 53 year-old cable had snapped. In fact the bent end piece was still threaded through the attachment hole on the control arm. Luckily I had planned on replacing the cables at some point and had a brand new set still in the package ready to go. 

I spent the next hour removing the rally pac, and disconnecting the speedo cable and light bulb sockets from the back of the instrument cluster, just so I could get to the damaged cable and control arm. 

My garage has no power so I stuck an Adams Polishes magnetic LED light to the upper side of the interior dash to illuminate the tight, dark space. It was perfect for the task. 

After another hour of squeezing my hands through crazy small spaces... the new cable was firmly in place and working, so I carefully put everything back together, and was actually pretty pleased that I didn't goof anything up in the process. Then I started putting away the tools, protective rags and miscellaneous pieces and parts. Like others here I'm a bit OCD when it comes to how I store everything in the house and garage. As I was putting everything back in to their designated spaces my eyes went to the now empty spot the Adams flashlight typically lives. It wasn't there, and for the life of me I couldn't remember setting it down anywhere. That's when it hit me that I may have forgotten to pull it down before closing everything back up. 

So, once again I enlisted the endoscope and phone app... poked it under the dash... and low and behold... there was the Adam's logo looking all bright and crisp! 

There was no way I was going to disassemble the instrument cluster again so I just sat there... completely frustrated. Then I remembered the time I replaced the defroster ducts, and that there was probably enough space to fit a finger or two if I pulled up the duct end pieces. If that was possible, I was fairly certain the flashlight would be within reach. So off came the defrost/speaker grill and 30 minutes later the flashlight was no longer buried in the dash, it was back on the wall where it belongs. 

FYI... my husband laughed out loud for a full five minutes... so to make myself feel better... I logged on to the Adam's website and ordered a Mystery Bucket.

Adams Flashlight.jpg

Edited by Kraterer

Love those lights.  

Today I power washed my patio, and then unboxed my latest Adam's order.   Gallon of Micro Revitalizer, two detail lights for the swirl killers,  a whole bunch of towels and applicators, and the newest hat.  Thought the hat was white, but it's actually gray.  A nice gray, nice and light.  And then I sat back and had a couple of mints!  

On 7/5/2018 at 7:57 PM, Kraterer said:

I know I'm not the first to do this, but it was a first for me... so I thought I'd share. The far left heater control knob in my 1965 Mustang felt completely unattached to the cable that opens and closes the hinged heater box door. It's a simple, effective design requiring no electricity and I was pretty sure it would be an easy one-hour project. The thing is, getting to the heater control arm and cable is nearly impossible without removing the rally pac from the steering column and the instrument cluster from the dash.  So, to verify my suspicions I inserted a endoscope that sends a wireless live feed to my cell phone. It didn't take long to discover that the 53 year-old cable had snapped. In fact the bent end piece was still threaded through the attachment hole on the control arm. Luckily I had planned on replacing the cables at some point and had a brand new set still in the package ready to go. 

I spent the next hour removing the rally pac, and disconnecting the speedo cable and light bulb sockets from the back of the instrument cluster, just so I could get to the damaged cable and control arm. 

My garage has no power so I stuck an Adams Polishes magnetic LED light to the upper side of the interior dash to illuminate the tight, dark space. It was perfect for the task. 

After another hour of squeezing my hands through crazy small spaces... the new cable was firmly in place and working, so I carefully put everything back together, and was actually pretty pleased that I didn't goof anything up in the process. Then I started putting away the tools, protective rags and miscellaneous pieces and parts. Like others here I'm a bit OCD when it comes to how I store everything in the house and garage. As I was putting everything back in to their designated spaces my eyes went to the now empty spot the Adams flashlight typically lives. It wasn't there, and for the life of me I couldn't remember setting it down anywhere. That's when it hit me that I may have forgotten to pull it down before closing everything back up. 

So, once again I enlisted the endoscope and phone app... poked it under the dash... and low and behold... there was the Adam's logo looking all bright and crisp! 

There was no way I was going to disassemble the instrument cluster again so I just sat there... completely frustrated. Then I remembered the time I replaced the defroster ducts, and that there was probably enough space to fit a finger or two if I pulled up the duct end pieces. If that was possible, I was fairly certain the flashlight would be within reach. So off came the defrost/speaker grill and 30 minutes later the flashlight was no longer buried in the dash, it was back on the wall where it belongs. 

FYI... my husband laughed out loud for a full five minutes... so to make myself feel better... I logged on to the Adam's website and ordered a Mystery Bucket.

Adams Flashlight.jpg

It would be ironic if a light was in it. Well done on the search and rescue! ?

I packed up to head down to the ACN (All Chrysler Nationals) at Carlisle this weekend. Staying at a buddies house about 20min away from the field. So I figured I should pack up some towels and supplies so that when I get there I can give the car a full detail and quick finishing polish prior to the show......I hope I have enough to detail my Challenger. 

IMG_20180710_182933.jpg

IMG_20180710_173301_hdr.jpg

29 minutes ago, pirahnah3 said:

I packed up to head down to the ACN (All Chrysler Nationals) at Carlisle this weekend. Staying at a buddies house about 20min away from the field. So I figured I should pack up some towels and supplies so that when I get there I can give the car a full detail and quick finishing polish prior to the show......I hope I have enough to detail my Challenger. 

IMG_20180710_182933.jpg

IMG_20180710_173301_hdr.jpg

Enough??!! To detail your Challenger...and all others there!! :lancer:

Oh, and remember, Jim. Pics or it didn't happen.

Edited by falcaineer

On 6/4/2018 at 3:59 PM, LFairbanks said:

New doors went in today!  We waited 5 months for them.  Now I just have a bunch of finish work.  All the glass opens on the inside like you see in the last picture.  First picture is the front door.  Second is the back door.  Third as mentioned previously just shows how the glass opens and they are stainless steel screened.  

IMG_5004.JPG

IMG_4998.JPG

IMG_5009.JPG

Those are GORGEOUS!

On 7/6/2018 at 10:23 PM, Rich said:

Love those lights.  

Today I power washed my patio, and then unboxed my latest Adam's order.   Gallon of Micro Revitalizer, two detail lights for the swirl killers,  a whole bunch of towels and applicators, and the newest hat.  Thought the hat was white, but it's actually gray.  A nice gray, nice and light.  And then I sat back and had a couple of mints!  

I thought the same thing about the hat. I only purchased one light...figured would get the other when need a little more purchase to get free shipping...lol