Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Busy weekend!  Friday night went to one of the largest cruise ins in the area. Over 300 cars, burnouts, and tractor pulls, plus a carnival and a free t shirt. Spent Saturday washing my Vette for the church festival cruise in today. It's one of the best ones of the year and one we look forward to . Been to every one since it started.  Well, about 7 this morning we woke up to thunder and lightening and pouring rain which stopped about an hour and a half later.  Roads dried quickly and we headed out. Didn't rain the rest of the day until after we were home, but man was it hot.  Good thing is that they have FREE BEER, as much as you want, and another t shirt.   So I took advantage of that (within moderation). This is what summer is for.  Good times with good friends and good cars.  As my one buddy always says "life is good".  

• 1 month later...

This one is for you Rich.  You asked me to post a picture of the bathroom when I got it done.  Here it is.  It is about 95% done.  I have a tall stand alone cabinet that I need to sand down and stain and hook up the plumbing to the sink.  That should be done tomorrow, minus the cabinet.  And put baseboards back up.  Baseboards have to be done on the whole upstairs though.  I have ripped out almost all of my flooring and did laminate.  Easier to clean and will hold up the dogs.  

IMG_5439.JPG

17 hours ago, 8675309'SS said:

Participated in a few runs down the drag strip for the first time ever (not in my car.)  It was so freakin awesome. Can’t wait to do it again.  

Inquiring minds want to know what you were driving and we need to see some times posted, too. :burnout:

Edited by ZMAN024

1 hour ago, ZMAN024 said:

Inquiring minds want to know what you were driving and we need to see some times posted, too. :burnout:

A stock-ish 5th gen Camaro SS A6.  (It had performance exhaust and a tune.) My reaction time, not so good.  Lol

But I totally enjoyed myself.  I was C-2

FE5CEAE7-A7E4-464B-8010-A4D9D58AF242.jpeg

3 minutes ago, 8675309'SS said:

A stock-ish 5th gen Camaro SS A6.  (It had performance exhaust and a tune.) My reaction time, not so good.  Lol

But I totally enjoyed myself.  I was C-2

FE5CEAE7-A7E4-464B-8010-A4D9D58AF242.jpeg

Thanks Jen.  At least you got consistently better.  Love the entry name, btw, Geriatric Racing. :lol:

Yeah the first run was abysmal.  I let up on the gas without realizing I was doing it. ??‍♀️ But I was happy with my 2nd and 3rd runs. The track was not as smooth as I would have expected.  That was a bit of a surprise.

Edited by 8675309'SS
Yes Geriatric Racing LMAO! Someone has a sense of humor.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I said goodbye to our son for a while this afternoon.  We dropped him off where he is being staged for the night to start the next chapter in his life.  He is headed to Fort Benning tomorrow.  He is going to do airborne infantry.  Extremely proud of him, but will miss him too.  ??

39 minutes ago, LFairbanks said:

My wife and I said goodbye to our son for a while this afternoon.  We dropped him off where he is being staged for the night to start the next chapter in his life.  He is headed to Fort Benning tomorrow.  He is going to do airborne infantry.  Extremely proud of him, but will miss him too.  ??

Hard for you both, but that's a son to be proud of for sure.  Congratulations!

12 hours ago, LFairbanks said:

:patriot: Bittersweet day. I remember the day I left for Basic like it was yesterday, as do my parents. So from someone currently serving, I wish him a long, successful and safe career. And I thank you and your wife for your support of him and our Armed Services.

Edited by falcaineer

7 hours ago, LFairbanks said:

As veteran's, my co-dependent wife and I want to thank you and your son for supporting our military and for helping keep our country safe.