Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

I got back on the Forum after a couple days heads down on a international security audit (Canada, EU, UK and US).  Whoever thought the GDPR was a practical and intelligent thing to put in place needs their head examined, I'm convinced full compliance is not possible.  We won't mention the effect that Brexit has on it since nobody knows if they are in or out.   I'm off my technical kick... 

The important thing is I got to look over the wife's car this evening and I know I'm going to get up early and start Shining it.  Then once she see's how nice it looks I'll let her know what I need ordered from Adam's, Saturday will be a good day.

I shoveled, lugged and spread about 2 tons of 3/4-1.5" rock. To make matters worse, it was a duplication of effort because the rock company sold me the wrong color the first go round. Took a sample and everything. It wasn't noticeable because the rock was dusty. Well, when water hit it, it was obvious. I was not a happy camper.

34 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

I shoveled, lugged and spread about 2 tons of 3/4-1.5" rock. To make matters worse, it was a duplication of effort because the rock company sold me the wrong color the first go round. Took a sample and everything. It wasn't noticeable because the rock was dusty. Well, when water hit it, it was obvious. I was not a happy camper.

Oh no!! are you getting a refund or are they going to swap out the rock?

20 hours ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

Oh no!! are you getting a refund or are they going to swap out the rock?

I should've added that...they did at least make it right with a refund and even free replacement to cover it...a rock toupe, of sorts! ?. Still had to rent a truck to haul it and spend the extra time. Now, I've found I don't have quite enough to cover it completely so will head back soon, though buckets will probably do it, not truck loads.

4 hours ago, falcaineer said:

I should've added that...they did at least make it right with a refund and even free replacement to cover it...a rock toupe, of sorts! ?. Still had to rent a truck to haul it and spend the extra time. Now, I've found I don't have quite enough to cover it completely so will head back soon, though buckets will probably do it, not truck loads.

Well, thats good! I am glad!

I did this yesterday but still, the coolest car I have ever seen in my life. also most expensive... Here in Highlands ranch at  the Mike ward McLaren Dealership they had a McLaren Senna delivered to them. One of their customers from Wisconsin traded in a GT2RS and purple 720S. This thing was absolutely incredible. The paint job was $100,000 reason being that there are Diamonds in the Paint... So i took my camera and went to shoot some photos of it. Pretty cool. 

LRG_DSC01745.JPG

LRG_DSC01716.JPG

LRG_DSC01763.JPG

LRG_DSC01710.JPG

LRG_DSC01746.JPG

LRG_DSC01714.JPG

LRG_DSC01752.JPG

LRG_DSC01818.JPG

LRG_DSC01731.JPG

LRG_DSC01830.JPG

LRG_DSC01722.JPG

LRG_DSC01738.JPG

LRG_DSC01833.JPG

LRG_DSC01838.JPG

LRG_DSC01847.JPG

LRG_DSC01852.JPG

LRG_DSC01854.JPG

LRG_DSC01865.JPG

LRG_DSC01868.JPG

10 hours ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

I did this yesterday but still, the coolest car I have ever seen in my life. also most expensive... Here in Highlands ranch at  the Mike ward McLaren Dealership they had a McLaren Senna delivered to them. One of their customers from Wisconsin traded in a GT2RS and purple 720S. This thing was absolutely incredible. The paint job was $100,000 reason being that there are Diamonds in the Paint... So i took my camera and went to shoot some photos of it. Pretty cool. 

LRG_DSC01745.JPG

LRG_DSC01716.JPG

LRG_DSC01763.JPG

LRG_DSC01710.JPG

LRG_DSC01746.JPG

LRG_DSC01714.JPG

LRG_DSC01752.JPG

LRG_DSC01818.JPG

LRG_DSC01731.JPG

LRG_DSC01830.JPG

LRG_DSC01722.JPG

LRG_DSC01738.JPG

LRG_DSC01833.JPG

LRG_DSC01838.JPG

LRG_DSC01847.JPG

LRG_DSC01852.JPG

LRG_DSC01854.JPG

LRG_DSC01865.JPG

LRG_DSC01868.JPG

I'm happy you enjoyed my collection. ? Those are awesome cars!

• 4 weeks later...

I started a hand crank car! 

My client who has several brass-era cars recently re-purchased a 1913 White Motor Company truck - he has sold the truck about 15 years ago to someone in New Mexico with a large collection/museum, but this truck lived outside under a shelter.  It was not started during that time, and when the owner passed away, he bought the truck back.  He has been working on it, and went through the motor to prepare it to run again.  Well yesterday was the day to try!  I was on the hand crank, the owners wife was on the decompression pedal, and the owner was on working the carburetor.  He filled the oil tank and the two oiling tubes on the dashboard, filled the priming cups over the middle two cylinders, and filled the carburetor, and was not ready for me to turn the crank handle.  It took about 10 tries to get it to turn over the first time, and only ran for a minute, but it sounded good and he was ecstatic.  He checked the carb again and realized the choke was not engaged, so we reset everything to start it again.  It still took about 10 cranks to get it running again, but this time it purred for about 3 minutes.  Success!! 

I now know a few things about what we see from that era - the chauffeurs had to be fairly strong, and they needed to wear gloves (I have a raw spot on the side of my thumb from the cranking - you don't grab the handle with a fist, but tuck your thumb into your hand in case it kicks back, and ended up with a nice gash on back of my hand from hitting something).  What a fun afternoon for me!!     

I spent the morning outside with a couple of guys doing a resurvey of the land to ensure that we can dig the foundation for my soon to be garage in the proper location. Its amazing to see the footprint of it finally taking shape, and really get to see where everything is going to be in relation to the rest of the yard. 

• 4 weeks later...

Watched an SUV lose control on black ice right in front of me, swerve, just miss on-coming traffic, head into a ditch and flip. Jumped out of my car and found both mom and daughter shaken but safely strapped into their seatbelts. The husband/dad was just a couple cars behind so while I can only imagine watching in fear as he likely did, at least he was on scene within seconds to find them unharmed. Got them both out and passed my contact info in case a witness is needed. Goes to show seatbelts can and do work...and a 4WD SUV isn't impervious to ice.

FWIW, I immediately turned around and headed home...the errand wasn't worth it and can be done tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Watched an SUV lose control on black ice right in front of me, swerve, just miss on-coming traffic, head into a ditch and flip. Jumped out of my car and found both mom and daughter shaken but safely strapped into their seatbelts. The husband/dad was just a couple cars behind so while I can only imagine watching in fear as he likely did, at least he was on scene within seconds to find them unharmed. Got them both out and passed my contact info in case a witness is needed. Goes to show seatbelts can and do work...and a 4WD SUV isn't impervious to ice.

FWIW, I immediately turned around and headed home...the errand wasn't worth it and can be done tomorrow.

Thank god all was good