Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

19 minutes ago, LFairbanks said:

Have no clue why the picture went so big.  Since the forum changed a while back it created a learning curve that I had no interest in trying to figure out.  Maybe someone can tell me why it went so big.  I did nothing different than I had in the past when uploading a pic.

Looks normal to me...

Good to see you back!

Spent the day on the phone with tire dealers getting prices for two new fronts for the Caddy.  Prices are all over the place.   Not looking to sink a bundle into new tires since I'm planning on only keeping it another year, two at the most. Just something to get it past inspection.  Tomorrow is tax day with the accountant,  and hopefully getting the new shoes on the Caddy on Wednesday.  Busy, busy.  

7 hours ago, Rich said:

Spent the day on the phone with tire dealers getting prices for two new fronts for the Caddy.  Prices are all over the place.   Not looking to sink a bundle into new tires since I'm planning on only keeping it another year, two at the most. Just something to get it past inspection.  Tomorrow is tax day with the accountant,  and hopefully getting the new shoes on the Caddy on Wednesday.  Busy, busy.  

Good luck with all that especially tax day ?

Now there is the definition of to serve and protect. Thank you Sheriff's Deputy! 

My day was an interesting one.....never seen ARCP pipe rot out at the bottom.....yeah.....

On the flip side, met with the first contractor about his quote for the new garage. Promising! 

2 hours ago, Mariner said:

No words needed lol. On the flip side, my county has one of the best and most respected Sheriff’s Departments in the country. 

7682E374-3A53-4792-92F1-65D1A77B0382.jpeg

8A7834DF-193A-4D92-AA78-F00D40D69DE9.jpeg

That's one FLAT tire, Dustin. Happy you got all squared away...first responders are awesome. But the real question...did you go straight home and apply TRC and TS to the spare?!

Edited by falcaineer

59 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

That's one FLAT tire, Dustin. Happy you got all squared away...first responders are awesome. But the real question...did you go straight home and apply TRC and TS to the spare?!

Lol funny thing is recently I had pulled out the tire from my undercarriage and mounted it on top of my bajarack. But before I did that, I did actually clean it with T&RC. That’s why the spare looks so clean ? 

I was fortunate to have a tow truck driver also go out of his way and stop to lend his speed jack and impact wrench... with my 2.5” front lift, the bottle jack I had would have been questionable at best. 

All together it was a successful and quick tire change. I’m glad the deputy stopped and threw on the lights because the road I was on is busy as hell about this time, and people aren’t always too considerate to fellas on the side of the road. 

Honestly I’m glad I took that screw in my tire instead of someone less capable of changing a tire.

Now the the question is, patch the tire, or upgrade with bigger tires.... 

Put new tires on the daily driver today.  Cooper/Hercules  tires. Never tried them before, but didn't want to dump a ton of money into tires since I'm only planning on keeping the car another two years.  They ride nice enough for all seasons.

On 4/5/2018 at 9:18 PM, Rich said:

Put new tires on the daily driver today.  Cooper/Hercules  tires. Never tried them before, but didn't want to dump a ton of money into tires since I'm only planning on keeping the car another two years.  They ride nice enough for all seasons.

I never skimp on tires, my life is more valuable than using inexpensive tires 

It’s 33-35 today. It stopped snowing so what did I do? Went out and cleaned and clayed a couple areas on an old car we have. This was in the rotary function. 2 stepped it both areas shown. Using the Rupes Ibrid Nano.

FB3BD22B-F393-4AD8-A8B8-67FCCBC7FC95.png

0695AFE2-6008-4E46-8476-23DACDBCB2F2.png

18 hours ago, Patstrick said:

I never skimp on tires, my life is more valuable than using inexpensive tires 

Cost doesn't mean better.  I checked all the ratings and compared before buying.  Got a great tire without spending all my pension.  

6 hours ago, Rich said:

Cost doesn't mean better.  I checked all the ratings and compared before buying.  Got a great tire without spending all my pension.  

You are absolutely right cost does not mean better, but I do believe better branded tires are better quality, as far as I’m concerned. Remember Sam Winston? Google it if you don’t. 

2 hours ago, Mariner said:

First my tire, then hers. Somebody hates me ???

2A67C23E-208E-4A0F-A555-E8692C82F5DC.jpeg

8E5C516A-65FB-4098-9531-3854A3138A29.jpeg

47835B45-2E48-4AD8-8724-FB05780DCAF3.jpeg

Where the heck are you driving???   Man,  that just sucks.  I had Toyo tires on my 02 Z and they were GREAT tires.  Wore better than the Michelins, great tread wear.  If you have to replace them, check into them and save yourself a couple of bucks.  So sorry for your troubles buddy. 

What did I do today?  It finally got warm enough to wash and detail the Cadillac. And to finally get the new rubber cleaned and treated.  Car looks great.  Supposed to rain here tomorrow, then (hopefully) three days of 70 degree weather !!  Hope it sticks around.

8 hours ago, Rich said:

Where the heck are you driving???   Man,  that just sucks.  I had Toyo tires on my 02 Z and they were GREAT tires.  Wore better than the Michelins, great tread wear.  If you have to replace them, check into them and save yourself a couple of bucks.  So sorry for your troubles buddy. 

Luckily I did buy the tire and wheel hazard warranty so I just dropped it off at the dealership and they’ll throw a new rubber on it. This was on a main road! Both my flats were! I just have some crappy luck I guess. 

Also, Camaros don’t carry spare tires.... 

10 hours ago, Mariner said:

Luckily I did buy the tire and wheel hazard warranty so I just dropped it off at the dealership and they’ll throw a new rubber on it. This was on a main road! Both my flats were! I just have some crappy luck I guess. 

Also, Camaros don’t carry spare tires.... 

Don't think it would've mattered. Given your recent string of luck, Dustin, any spare you have may already be flat...and can of Fix a Flat empty....... :willy:

Edited by falcaineer