Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Gassed up the SS even though it didn’t need it since today is the warmest day for the next week. They’re talking 6”+ of the cursed white stuff on Sunday evening otherwise the SS would get a bath in the heated garage Saturday morning. The last day on Accuweather’s forecast though looks to be a doozy:

99D271E5-3678-40DD-AAA0-FA90057E762C.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Captain Slow said:

Gassed up the SS even though it didn’t need it since today is the warmest day for the next week. They’re talking 6”+ of the cursed white stuff on Sunday evening otherwise the SS would get a bath in the heated garage Saturday morning. The last day on Accuweather’s forecast though looks to be a doozy:

99D271E5-3678-40DD-AAA0-FA90057E762C.jpeg

Sucks to be you!!!   No thanks! 

Know the feeling Paul, same thing here to the west of you in Iowa. I have a group of soldiers coming in Monday for training, and in my class I have one from Florida, two from California and one from Puerto Rico. They are going to be hating life for the next two weeks. 😂🤣😂 

Edited by Black Bowtie

I went back to work yesterday after being off since December 28th due to the furlough.  The agency I work for has us in exempted status.  Kind of nice to get back to work, but I didn't get everything done I wanted to while on furlough. 

I shouldn't complain, it can always be worse. 

20 hours ago, Captain Slow said:

It is rather sad that your high temp for the period will still be less than my low temps.   I plan on washing and waxing the truck on Saturday and the car on Sunday, it will only be in the 50's both days, but once they are washed I pull them into the garage to finish them up.

2 hours ago, RayS said:

It is rather sad that your high temp for the period will still be less than my low temps.   I plan on washing and waxing the truck on Saturday and the car on Sunday, it will only be in the 50's both days, but once they are washed I pull them into the garage to finish them up.

Only 50’s???   Try 34 today.  Had my winter boots and gloves on!!! Awful. The foam was freezing up!!

I would have liked 34* today.  We got to 23*. It's 10* outside right now, and only 28 for high tomorrow. That's going to feel warm compared to next week.

Wed......6 and -2

Thurs........7 and -2

Friday.......12 and -5

Saturday ....18 and 3

Plus 3-5 inches of snow next Tuesday.  😭😭😭😭

27 minutes ago, Rich said:

I would have liked 34* today.  We got to 23*. It's 10* outside right now, and only 28 for high tomorrow. That's going to feel warm compared to next week.

Wed......6 and -2

Thurs........7 and -2

Friday.......12 and -5

Saturday ....18 and 3

53 days till spring 🌴🌸

8 hours ago, Rich said:

Wed......6 and -2

Thurs........7 and -2

Friday.......12 and -5

Saturday ....18 and 3

I would have washed in 24*, but the wife would  not be too  happy about the ice skating rink that follows the wash!!!

I feel bad for all my northern friends with the extreme cold, my Wife and I lived in it for too many years.  The family in Wisconsin had -24 this morning and they are only at +4 now.  Let's hope that it breaks soon and everyone stays safe and warm while this cold snap is in place.

Now on to the truck, take a good look at the pictures, especially the doors...

Because it is late in the day, I did not get everything finished on the truck, which means I'll have to get moving a bit earlier in the morning to finish the truck and do the wife's car.  However, I was able to get the majority completed and in the morning I'll put it back in the garage and get the wheels pulled, cleaned and shined.  I am going to hold off on the tire armor until spring, so I'll just clean the rims, CB them and do the tires with cleaner and shine.

Due to the time of day, the light was hitting the truck to where I decided to do pictures of both sides since I'm experimenting again. One door on each side has Brilliant Glaze under the Spray Wax and the other side has the Spray Wax under the Brilliant Glaze.   The same door has the same combination on each side.  

If you aren't sure which is which, here is a hint - I'm have preferred BG under the Wax so the rest of the truck has BG under the Spray Wax.   This is not a test to see which looks better just today, it is also a question of what will look better in one or two weeks.   

If you could did not guess or could not tell that the wax is underneath on the back doors, then the only question left is longevity.  Of note, I am starting to really like the Spray Wax.

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

Let's see. Today I shoveled, and ran the snowblower.  Watched 5 minutes of the pro bowl. Ate lunch and dinner.  Watched tv.  Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 33* so maybe I'll take a ride somewhere just to get out of the house. Because  Tuesday.......snow.  Wednesday's high is 10* with a low of -7*, and Thursday is the same.  But next Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday we'll be in the upper 40's so maybe I can get a wash done on the daily.  Sure needs it.    Spring is less than 2 months away now, and February is a short month.  I take my happy thoughts where I can in the winter up here.

Hey everyone 👋 haven't had a chance to be on here in some time. Hopefully I'll be able to check in regularly while I have down time the next couple months.  Lots of new names on here!

Today I did some stuff around the house, sharpen my EDC knives, clean and lube a couple new guns, reorganize/inventory my detailing arsenal and lastly condition my newest addition to my boot collection. Cleaned with Leather & Interior cleaner, conditioned with Adams Leather Conditioner and sealed with Red Wing Leather Protector. My Red Wing Heritage 1907's.IMG_20190127_222151.thumb.jpg.c8a944de88533ed3b07c311eeb0508c7.jpg

Edited by blcksilv08

2 minutes ago, blcksilv08 said:

Hey everyone 👋 haven't had a chance to be on here in some time. Hopefully I'll be able to check in regularly while I have down time the next couple months.  Lots of new names on here!

Today I did some stuff around the house, sharpen my EDC knives, clean and lube a couple new guns, reorganize/inventory my detailing arsenal and lastly condition my newest addition to my boot collection. Cleaned with Leather & Interior cleaner, conditioned with Adams Leather Conditioner and sealed with Red Wing Leather Protector. My Red Wing Heritage 1907's.IMG_20190127_222151.thumb.jpg.c8a944de88533ed3b07c311eeb0508c7.jpg

Good to have you back, Eric. And hope to see you again at a future HQ clinic, too (Spring, anyone?)!

2 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Good to have you back, Eric. And hope to see you again at a future HQ clinic, too (Spring, anyone?)!

I really hope to make it back out there soon!  Just need to make it happen! I'm sure me taking almost 7 weeks(6 of that for shows) off last year didnt thrill my manager 😂

@Firebuff17 That was the plan. The thing is.... I bought the paint to do the calipers, cleaned them, and then chickened out/made a better choice. I was going to do them red to match the tail lights. It's a Ford Edge that I need to sell before the end of the year. It's taken me 50 to years to learn this but I've finally figured out that the flourishes I like tend to cost me when it comes time to sell.

I've spend the last 2 weekends working on desk. I got the frame built last weekend. I sanded on the frame throughout the week. This weekend, I painted the frame and put the top together. Now to sand, stain, and poly the top. I needed to have something semi comfortable to sit on while painting. 

IMG_8146.jpeg

On 1/22/2019 at 1:24 AM, LuckyKorean said:

Found some discoloration on my coffee table. It was like a cloudy square haze. Wouldn’t come off no matter what. I tried cold, heat, APC, Interior detailer and nothing worked till I tried using Brilliant Glaze. With elbow grease it disappeared. What replaced it was a super shine and slick surface that you can see on top left part on Picture #1. After waiting few days to see how the BG held on I decided to do the whole table and the result is Picture #2! Now it smells like coconut heaven, slick and shiny! 

D7B36454-D555-46EF-98FF-1F8E611659EA.jpeg

EB3CBB53-7A6D-4F91-9908-C2D7FEA119E5.jpeg

I building a desk and I want the top to be this shiny. The top of yours looks like 2x8s. I'm using 1x8s. I'm planning on staining and then poly. Did you use poly and if so, what kind and how many coats? 

Was 31 degrees when I woke up this morning when a warm front came through overnight, it is now 16 degrees and will continue to drop 0 at midnight with a windchill of -18 at the end of the day getting colder the next couple of days. Talking 40's maybe by the weekend? 😀😁

1 hour ago, Bscott94 said:

I building a desk and I want the top to be this shiny. The top of yours looks like 2x8s. I'm using 1x8s. I'm planning on staining and then poly. Did you use poly and if so, what kind and how many coats? 

I bought the table at furniture store so I have no idea sorry 😐 the surface was originally a smooth finish without gloss. I often cleaned it with Bona wood polish spray that added some gloss that wore off quick. Tried Brilliant Glaze because of the stain. 

36 minutes ago, LuckyKorean said:

I bought the table at furniture store so I have no idea sorry 😐 the surface was originally a smooth finish without gloss. I often cleaned it with Bona wood polish spray that added some gloss that wore off quick. Tried Brilliant Glaze because of the stain. 

Oh I see. I thought I saw earlier in the thread that you build the table. Maybe someone else built a table similar to that. I'll have to use BG once I get it finished.