Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana & Pads

Kingsford

Question

This has probably been asked before but lets face it I'm lazy and there are thousands of threads with different titles around here....

What do you guys do with your Americana Pads after using them?

Do you let them in the container or clean them out with APC and leave them out?

I ask because with other waxes I've uses I've just left the pads in the container and when I bought the Americana it came with the pad inside the tub.

21 answers to this question

Me too. I store the applicator in partially sealed ziploc to keep it 'safe' and clean.

This is probably an extremely stupid question but..... why partially sealed? Bare with me, im still learning.:lolsmack:

If the pad is loaded up with Americana, do you think it might be helping the applicator hold it's squished shape?

Give it a nice spray down with some APC, work it in well with your fingers, then a warm water rinse of the applicator and see. I might even hit it again with the APC, massage, and rinse. That Americana does take a little bit of work to get out of the applicator.

When I rinse it, I also squeeze the pad to try and get out the water and loosened Americana.

So I got lazy after the last time I applied Americana. I did not clean the applicator and squished it back into the Americana tub. Well today, after much grunting, I finally got the lid off of the Americana tub to take a look at my applicator. It was all squished and wasn't returning ti it's normal shape! I decided to leave it out of the tub and see if it returns to it's normal shape after a day or two. I'll report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so i ran into this today after putting down a coat. don't really want to leave it in the tub but i noticed a great deal of wax still left in the pad after soaking in apc and through rinse. if i squeezed the pad real good watery globs of wax still fall out and the pad still feels very slick. don't like to leave it in the tub but don't feel that the apc fully cleans the pad

I have been washing mine with APC in between applications. I, too, have noticed that even after a wash you still get a lot of white dust on the pad. so I have been using a toothbrush to gently brush the dried wax off the pad after it is clean and dry. it seems to have helped.

This is probably an extremely stupid question but..... why partially sealed? Bare with me, im still learning.

Half to 3/4 "zipped".

Just in case the applicator is not completely dry when I put it away, I don't want to close the bag all the way and trap the moisture in the bag (it will cause the foam to crumble).

I do not wash mine nor do i put it in the tub. it sits on top of my americana tub and yes it does produce a white dusting which if you get it on your tile or smooth floor it will become slick lol. I havent thought of that ziploc bag idea i may have to give that a try next time.

I used to keep it in the tub, after the post a month ago I pulled it out. It makes putting the cover on a little easier.

After using it I wash mine with APC, let it dry, put in my bag.

I have learned that the applicator needs to be cleaned really good. If not, you will get white dust all over the inside of your bag.

Me too. I store the applicator in partially sealed ziploc to keep it 'safe' and clean.

I used to keep it in the tub, after the post a month ago I pulled it out. It makes putting the cover on a little easier.

After using it I wash mine with APC, let it dry, put in my bag.

I have learned that the applicator needs to be cleaned really good. If not, you will get white dust all over the inside of your bag.

Archived