Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello fellow fanatics - Please weigh in

JQVettes

Just joined the forum...

Are you in the top 5% of the detailing lunatic fringe? Do your neighbors think you suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder? :help:Do you have a wisk broom next to your left foot so you can brush off your car mat every time you get out of the car? Do you wax your car for relaxation, even though it's perfect already?:rockon:

Do you spray detail it after you take the cover off and pull it out of the garage, only to spray it again after driving it 25 miles only to put it back in the garage?:thumbsup:

If you were nodding your head to these questions, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. After all.....this is Adam's country! :cheers:

You wanna hear crazy, it takes me about nine hours by myself to wash, clay, polish, and wax my car (was a charger at the time). This doesn't include an interior detail. I don't know if im just incredibly slow but after 9 hours, many body aches, and a few thoughts of giving up - the car looked insane. So it's worth it.

You wanna hear crazy, it takes me about nine hours by myself to wash, clay, polish, and wax my car (was a charger at the time). This doesn't include an interior detail. I don't know if im just incredibly slow but after 9 hours, many body aches, and a few thoughts of giving up - the car looked insane. So it's worth it.

Slow ? That's about half the time it take me :lolsmack:

Ok, I take breaks, lots of breaks :D

Okay, how about this......ever seen anybody use an ostrich feather duster to dust off their car? That's right.....ostrich feathers. It works great, but looks kind of funny. I've gotten some strange looks.....but it's about the best thing out there. Home Depot.....10 bucks

I am sure that each one of you can relate to washing your car at midnight when the weather is below freezing...your hands feel like they are going to fall off. Even better.....the water coming out of the hose feels good because it is warmer than the surrounding air!

I have had a history of renters that live next door to me and they all use the same joke...."You are gonna wash the paint off that thing!" They don't make fun of me though when I pull out of my driveway and they can see their car in the reflection on the finish of my truck!

Hey my neighbors at both my house just look at me like I'm crazy because in the good weather months I pop up my eazy tent and I clean my cars and others from early morning until late in the evening .In the winter I'm out washing them as long as its above freezing .

I know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I'm usually not alone when I'm at the house in freeport as my brother and our freind is there with us and a few others show up as well since they know we are usually out there.It helps me unwind after a long week at work .

Okay.....how about this one.......you VRT your entire interior, and then you drive the car like a mummy with both hands fixed only on the steering wheel, not allowing your elbows to rest on the center console or the drivers door because you don't want to smudge the finish. If you happen to hit them, you must pull over and touch them up.

That's called a lunatic.

I have a problem.

I need therapy. :help:

Okay.....how about this one.......you VRT your entire interior, and then you drive the car like a mummy with both hands fixed only on the steering wheel, not allowing your elbows to rest on the center console or the drivers door because you don't want to smudge the finish. If you happen to hit them, you must pull over and touch them up.

That's called a lunatic.

I have a problem.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Yep. I agree.

:welcomebanner::welcomebanner::welcomebanner:

All I can say is you guys are definitely off the deep end, lol I keep my car clean, but I won't wash it when it's so cold my fingers feel like they will fall off.

Quick VetteGirl, get me a chicken smiley :lol::lol::lol:

It's only too cold when the wash bucket is frozen to the point you can't get the wash pad out of the ice :willy::willy::willy:

Um, uh, well........

I washed the car in the rain yesterday. Wifey thinks I'm NUTS.

To be fair, I park in a dirt parking lot, have a 30 mile commute and it rained ALL day here. Sunday I have a detail for a customer @ 7am. Don't want to show up in a dirty car........ so I washed it and parked it 'till morning.

That's called a lunatic.

I have a problem.

What a visual. :lol: You may want to roll down the windows when you're applying the VRT... sounds like you make be inhaling a little too much. :lol: