Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trying to remove aout paint overspray from the dashboard

mike690001

Question

I'm detailing a car today, and the owner wants me to try and remove some overspray from the side of the dashboard. It seems that he was getting the car repainted and some overspray from the bodyshop made its way to the inside. Once you open the door on the side of the dash, you can see it. Anyone have any tips?

5 answers to this question

I'm detailing a car today, and the owner wants me to try and remove some overspray from the side of the dashboard. It seems that he was getting the car repainted and some overspray from the bodyshop made its way to the inside. Once you open the door on the side of the dash, you can see it. Anyone have any tips?
Very carefully try isopropyl alcohol on a old micro fiber. Make sure you try a hidden area first to make sure the alcohol doesn't do anything weird to the dash plastic. I have had very good success using alcohol on tough problems. But as Elmer Fudd would say BE Vewy vewy caeful.

Very carefully try isopropyl alcohol on a old micro fiber. Make sure you try a hidden area first to make sure the alcohol doesn't do anything weird to the dash plastic. I have had very good success using alcohol on tough problems. But as Elmer Fudd would say BE Vewy vewy caeful.

It worked!

Thanks a milllion!!

I then added some VRT to bring the gloss right back.

Archived