Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to the Forum!

oneslowGTO

Thanks man! Glad to be here. So should I go back and redo the area I did yesterday?

did you seal it with MSW or any waxes? if so, do an IPA strip before doing any of it.. if the paint looks fine very close with no marring or anything, you may not need to, but it couldn't hurt, and you'll gain more experience with the pc..

did you seal it with MSW or any waxes? if so, do an IPA strip before doing any of it.. if the paint looks fine very close with no marring or anything, you may not need to, but it couldn't hurt, and you'll gain more experience with the pc..

I applied the buttery wax by hand. Just wanted to try it out instead of the MSW. What's an IPA strip? The paint looks pretty good besides the scratches. I will have to get the focus pads to take care of those!

yeah, if you have a waterless wash MF you can use that..

Ok, Thanks man. I will pull it out in the sun today to see if it even needs re-done. I only did half of the top of the car to show someone what it looks like before and after...so not like I really lost much if I have to do it over haha.

after you correct your paint with any polishing, you then apply MSW, wait about 30-45 minutes, wipe it off.. this will give it a great look, if you want, wait another 12-24 hours, give it another wipe, then add BG and Americana after that..

after you correct your paint with any polishing, you then apply MSW, wait about 30-45 minutes, wipe it off.. this will give it a great look, if you want, wait another 12-24 hours, give it another wipe, then add BG and Americana after that..

So after the machine super wax you want to hand wax it with Americana as well? What is BG?

So after the machine super wax you want to hand wax it with Americana as well? What is BG?

The Americana is not required, just an option to add a little 'warmth' to the paint. The MSW is a great sealant and provides months of protection, but doesn't give the look of a paste wax. Many (me included) apply Americana over MSW to make the paint look even better.

"BG" is Brilliant Glaze. As the name says it is a glaze, that has some 'fillers' to hide slight imperfections, but it also adds more shine to corrected paint. It can be applied before or after Americana.

pretty much, but the problem is, you will clog up your clay a lot faster and wont get as long of a life with the clay.. the IPA strip is really easy, easier than you think..

pretty much, but the problem is, you will clog up your clay a lot faster and wont get as long of a life with the clay.. the IPA strip is really easy, easier than you think..

Ok, thanks for your help man!

Archived