Customer Service 866.965.0400

Servicing a H/D foam lance quick guide!

Billyt

Question

For anyone that has a foamlance/foam cannon heres a service

now this was taken from another forum.

how to disassemble/Assemble your H/D foam lance if its blocked or down in performance and may need cleaning! Thats if you are up to it.biggrin.gif

It only takes a tiny piece of dirt/grit to block the lance and it will need a clean out for the limescale and soap build-up in the gauze in the end of the lance.

Ok here goes!

if you soak the guaze in vinegar over night this will clean it.

most of the time it will just be the guaze at fault if foam is not thick.

The lance

135ek1.jpg

Step 1 Take off Karcher connector (unscrew) (this will have either threadlock or PTFE tape)

136dw0.jpg

Step 2 Unscrew the Stainless Steel threaded bar (this will have either threadlock or PTFE tape)

137bi3.jpg

Step 3 There you can see the injector that uncrews out via a flat screwdriver,unscrew it and it comes out,check that there is no grit in the hole in the injector.

138bs7.jpg

Step 4 Unscrew with a flat screwdriver may need some wd40

139bq3.jpg

140mg2.jpg

Step 5 Now its time to remove the plastic body,get a small screwdriver and push the metal peg through.

143ku2.jpg

You should now be left with this

144ra5.jpg

Step 6 Prise the plastic/metal fan blades off with a flat screw drive

146jk8.jpg

Step 7 In a vice unscrew the foam end body (use a suitable spanner or adjustable spanner)

148ng2.jpg

You are now left with this

149ar9.jpg

Step 8 Get a small screwdriver and insert in the small brass connector to reveal the metal gauze,if your lance is suffering from lack of foam this part will likely to be blocked with soap scum etc,a good soaking in a metal cleaner should do the trick

153ns3.jpg

154es3.jpg

Step 9 Unscrew the black knob adjuster with a philips screwdriver

151va1.jpg

Step 10 Remove the rubber seal to prevent damage caused by furthur inspection of the lance

152ve5.jpg

Step 11 Back in the vice with a adjustable spanner to remove the main part of the body

157hx6.jpg

158zw5.jpg

You are left with this

159ls9.jpg

A quick check that all holes are not blocked with anything

160zm5.jpg

164uf4.jpg

163tg1.jpg

Ok so now you have checked and cleaned the lance now its time to put it back together again..

This is the order from right to left on the strip down of the lance, from Karcher connector to the main body of the lance

165uh4.jpg

Step 12 Some threadlock is required or PTFE tape to seal and lock the joints back together again,we will start with the main lance body

166sx5.jpg

167rg9.jpg

Step 13 Replace the rubber seal into the groove

169sy7.jpg

Step 14 Replace the metal gauze into the brass connector

171by1.jpg

Step 15 Apply some threadlock or PTFE to the end brass connector thread and tighten

172hw8.jpg

173at3.jpg

Step 15 Replace the black adjustable knob with a philips screwdriver

175nw2.jpg

Step 16 Replace the black plastic/metal adjustable blades by pushing it on the brass end connector and it will click into place

Step 17 Replace the black plastic main body over the adjustable blades as pic

178lw1.jpg

Step 18 Replace the metal peg into the black plastic body by just pusing it in

179jr2.jpg

Step 19 Replace the injector by screwing it back in via a flat screwdriver

138wk3.jpg

Step 20 Replace the steel bar into the foam lance main body with either threadlock or PTFE tape then replace the Karcher plastic connector onto the bar with PTFE and screwing it on tightly ensuring the Karcher plastic lugs are pointing upright to ensure the right vertical connection to your karcher gun/lance.

184ul3.jpg

185jk1.jpg

Ok that just about does it, this takes approx 10 minutes and is very easy to do,after being asked to post this prcedure on AF to help members to service and look after the lance they have.

PTFE is better if you want to take apart again

17 answers to this question

Mine is different from the ones you guys are using. The peice that connects to the pressure washer doesnt screw on they used a male and female peices from a compressor hose

stick a photo of it up mate

Adam is Italian in heritage so that's not a huge problem. :)
As i have already said if Adam wants a snowfoam lance i would be happy to send him one as a trade for some Adams products.:thumbsup:

Adam the valves are made in italy so i dont think anyone in the USA makes them.it costs a $100 to buy and send to USA for a lance.

Adam is Italian in heritage so that's not a huge problem. :)

Very thorough, thanks! I wonder if these are sold/ popular in the USA? I didn't find a Foam Lance available here, has anyone else?

I like the idea, and we use a pressure washer daily at the shop!

:thumbsup:

Adam if you want to keep it American i will trade you a lance for some products:thumbsup: that way you are not buying it;)

Very thorough, thanks! I wonder if these are sold/ popular in the USA? I didn't find a Foam Lance available here, has anyone else?

I believe they are called foam 'cannons' on this side of the pond.

Archived