Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any former Chemical Guys users?

MikeNRA

Question

I am new to the forums, and Adams products. I started detailing with Mothers, Mequiers... Learned as much as I could about paints and clear coats, educated everybody who would listen about the clay bar lol...

When I bought my flex I started using Chemical guys products, even their unbelievably expensive waxes. Loved the results. However, reading your posts, it seems as Adams is the stuff to use!

Anyway, long story long, I just purchased a 2011 Silverado LT in gorgeous Laser blue and cant wait to detail the heck out of it...

My question is, and Chemical Guys converts here? What do you like about Adams better than the other high end guys?

Thanks, I'll be adding to my shopping cart now!:rockon:

Welcome to the site Mike... I'll let the forum speak for themselves as far as why they choose us over other companies so you get the info straight from them.

I will point out that we are still the only company in the business that offers a 110% money back satisfaction guarantee on everything we sell, so if you purchase ANYTHING from us and don't think it lives up to your expectations we'll buy it back +10% of the purchase price or even happily exchange it for something else.

We also have a strong commitment to American manufacturing. Many companies like to lean on the "made in the USA" tag as a marketing gimmick, but the truth of the matter is the only part of it that is domestic is usually the chemical in the bottle. The bottle itself, sprayer, cap, label, and all the accessories are made in China or elsewhere.

We don't take the 'Made in the USA' tag lightly... the chemicals are made here, our bottles, sprayers, caps, labels, and almost all our accessories are made right here in the good old U S of A. No technical loop holes! Wherever we can, whenever we can we choose to carry products made in the USA. With the few exceptions like towels (Korea) and clay (Japan currently) where no other reasonable alternative exists we stick to countries that pay a fair living wage and adhere to safety standards for their employees.

There really aren't any other companies in the business I'm aware of willing to make the financial sacrifice to take this moral stand like we are. We could source things from China and lower our prices, but we don't b/c we believe in what we do and think that as a small American company we should support other American companies. :patriot:

Edited by Dylan@Adams

You've tried the rest...........now try the BEST! I think everyone here has converted from one product line or another. And once we tried Adam's we never looked back. Many of us even gave our other stuff to people we don't like! :lolsmack:

Welcome to the forum! :welcomebanner:

I've used it all, megs, zaino, chemical, clearkote, pinnacle, etc.... And after using Adam's I have no other reason to search for a better product as I always did when I was using the "other" brands. Ease of use, customer service, and most important RESULTS is why I will stick with Adam's. My truck has never looked better.

Here's an example of the wonderful customer service, what I like is Adam is an actual live user on this forum as you can see in this post.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/company-info-announcements/13930.htm

Edited by LQ9SS

The stuff just works, and that is way different than the commercially available 'store' products. For me it also boils down to time and results. Results speak volumes.

When you finally get everything ready to go polish your ride, how much is YOUR time worth? Do you want to spend your valuable free time on only so-so results? Not me, blown too much cash and wasted time on stuff that semi worked.

But, these products work well, and they have the 110% money back guarantee backing up their products- they are confident that you will like them (more like love them). I don't see a lot of other companies taking that stance. Instead, I see a lot of other companies spending large dollars advertising their products and trying to duck customer issues. Big advertising budgets don't give you any better results, better products do.

Plus you get this forum where you can ask all the questions you want and learn a lot, and in a fun way- you can benefit from a lot of people's experiences, tips, and techniques.

Mike,

I used Chemical Guys' products exclusively for a good length of time.

Truth be told, I still use two of their products. One, because Adam's doesn't make a car scent and the other product because it has served me well for a good length of time and I think it's the best on the market. I live by the rule "if it ain't broke, then don't try'n fix it."

While I still believe their [Chemical Guys] products are of high-to-very high quality, my issue with them was the same issue I had with Meguiar's, Pinnacle, Poorboy's, Mother's, Migliore and Zaino.... some [far] moreso than others. I had to go thru too many [arduous] steps to achieve the desired results I so yearned for. Now the end results were great with all the other companies I dealt thru, but, like I mentioned some time ago, with a young family at home I prefer to spend every spare minute with my family rather than my hobbies.

Being more efficient and productive to the tasks at hand becomes a serious priority when you have a family.

This is where Adam's Premium Car Care products come in, and, quite frankly, are the shizzle.

With Adam's products, I get results on par with the others - often much better - with considerable less time and elbow grease involved. Adam's just makes the entire detailing process very SIMPLE [and fun] with next to no BS involved. From a "basic" detail to a "full-blown" paint restoration, Adam's provides the minimal products required with professional results. I could not say that same statement about any of the other companies I've previously dealt with.

Adam's talks-the-talk, but they certainly walk-the-walk to back their claims.

Providing an easy to navigate webpage with great video clips, very descriptive product information and reviews from real users, a message board with many astute and helpful users as well as staff who frequent to answer technical questions [among others], 110% money back satisfaction guarantee on everything they sell and a "made in the U.S.A" policy.... all separates Adam's Premium Car Care from the rest equates to a winner!

Also, little things like color matching two products to make it easier on the buyer as to what goes with what, are the tiny things that spark my interest.... and money. Being able to use PayPal is another little plus for me.

To top it off, their customer service - I'll be honest - is something I've experienced before two or three times at best over more than 20 years of detailing.... and I've resided in two different contries/continents.

I could go on for several more paragraphs, but I'm sure your mental picture is now starting to appear.

If you've managed to get this far, thanks for reading.

I had to go thru too many [arduous] steps to achieve the desired results I so yearned for. Now the end results were great with all the other companies I dealt thru, but, like I mentioned some time ago, with a young family at home I prefer to spend every spare minute with my family rather than my hobbies.

Yup, Ed nailed it! My main reason leaving Zaino was as he stated here. Catalyst this, multi coat that, what a pain.

Adams = slick and simple!

Adam and his crew take care of you, that separates them from the pack. Second is American made, third is they are so easy to get ahold of when you have a question, often times Adam or atleast Dylan is easily accessible through this forum, and oh yeah the products are amazing.

I've recently switched over to Adam's because of micro marring issues with Poorboys polish.

I had samplers of all 4 of their compunds/polishes. I too had an issue with micro marring. This was before I found Adam's. I ended up purchasing M205 to "fix" what their product did to my car's finish. I now know FMP would have done the trick. I disposed of their unused product when our city had a hazardous waste disposal day. The other reason I've switched and stayed with Adam's is Adam himself. I have had Adam compliment me on a detail last year, give me advice on a first bicycle for my twin daughters, point me in the right direction for an idea I had for the company I work for, etc. I put that along with the outstanding customer service and I have no reason to leave.

OP: Have you ever had any contact with Mr. Chemical Guy? I've never once had contact with Barry Meguiar, Mr. PoorBoy, Richard Griot, or any of the rest.

Also they have scantily clad gals on their website. What specifically does that do to enhance the shine on a vehicle?

On top of everything else said... Made in the USA is a huge deal for me, I really spend more time trying to find products made in the good ol' USA to support our economy - not china's (where applicable of course, as this MacBook was made in China :( ). I have the utmost respect for a company that goes out of their way and has pulled products from the shelves because manufacturing went somewhere else. I know when I purchase Adam's gear I can count on the fact Adam and his great team did everything they could to ensure ( everything is made here in the USA.

On top of everything else said... Made in the USA is a huge deal for me, I really spend more time trying to find products made in the good ol' USA to support our economy - not china's (where applicable of course, as this MacBook was made in China :( ). I have the utmost respect for a company that goes out of their way and has pulled products from the shelves because manufacturing went somewhere else. I know when I purchase Adam's gear I can count on the fact Adam and his great team did everything they could to ensure ( everything is made here in the USA.

At least the Mac Book is made by an American company though... Sure, I'd rather them be made in the USA. My G8 wasn't made here... AU and Mexico for the most part. :willy:

I've personally not used many other "boutique" products. Griots was the only one and I thought their customer service sucked a big willy. When my bottle broke, they sold me a new one, even though at the time mine was bought, they had molding issues with them.

I can't say ONE bad thing about Adams. Sure, there's some things they don't sell, but usually, what you'll find is that it's not that they don't want to sell it, it's that they want to take their time testing and retesting products to make sure they're right before they get into our hands. I guess maybe I have a better view from my seat, of how Adams works, but I know of products that have been tested and then shelved temporarily because they knew it wasn't better than the competitors. Adam is vigilant at selling products that he trusts are the best. I've personally met Adam, and he's a VERY VERY passionate person. Family and business are #1 and #2 in his life!

Chris

Edited by Chewy

OP: Have you ever had any contact with Mr. Chemical Guy? I've never once had contact with Barry Meguiar, Mr. PoorBoy, Richard Griot, or any of the rest.

I stand to be corrected but Chemical Guys is owned by a group of businessmen/friends who are more "silent" partners than hands-on operations. There is no "Mr. Chemical Guy" per se.

Barry Meguiar no longer owns Meguiar's. 3M Co. now owns Meguiar's Inc since the 2008 purchase.

Steve [Poor Boy's owner] is actually very humble and approachable. He doesn't forget he came from next to nothing back in the day and worked his butt off to where he and his [small] company is today.

Griot's Garage [pfftt...] does not interest me the slightest bit.

I started with 3m. I used their products for a little while but like others, just never completly satisfied. Now some people might have been but I am very meticulous about how my finished product not only looks but performs! On myth busters they did in fact polish a terd, but you still have crap! So with Adams you can bet that the product not only shines and works, but also protects and last a long time!

We all have our customer service stories, but I won't bore you with those. I will just say as of my entire dealings with Adams, not once have a been dissatisfied with the customer service I have received.

As many people do, I bough my 3m products local. It was easy to just drive down to the body shop supplier and pick up what I needed. But when I got home, I had no support, nobody told me what I was doing wrong, and I surely never got a video explaining how to use,clean,or store my products! So I then switched to Adams! I placed my first order of the PC kit and started using it. I was skeptical at first so I didn't order the big PC kit, just the basics. Once I tried the products and noticed a increase in performance of their stuff over the competition, I placed another order!

Over the course of a year, I have invested quite a bit of money into a product that not many people here in the state of Mississippi know about. As of today, I have enough detail business to keep me going straight for a month if I had the time!

With all that being said, why not try it? Heck 110% money back guarantee is what sells my customers to keep up their new shine! If it doesn't out perform, outshine, or even out-do any of the competition, call Any of the staff and let them know!(my favorite part)

Its a no brainer!

Adam will make you happy. Dylan (forum chief) will keep you happy and informed, as good as you may feel you are (not knocking at all) you will learn technics and tricks to using these products sold here. I have never gotten, or rarely see the results i get with these products from anywhere or anywhere on the road...................and when a company finds out something they sell in which they swear is manufactered 100% in the u.s.a, ends up not being 100% or that the company in which they purchase from starts producing some of there product else, pulls there product off the shelf and openly gives 110% money back to anyone who bought this product (in perfectly working order) it shows they care about YOU, the love of there business and what they beleive, keeping it in the usa.

p.s...................to be honest, when i first started reading through this forum i felt that everyone here was full of it, everyone here was a fan boy and its all bull, because the forum was just to positive....................well mark my words, i feel just as much a part of this community as the next guy now. and this is not no low end car forum that you get ripped on for asking a question twice, we all do this for passion (for busniess or pleasure) and we realize the same basic questions will be asked hundreds of times. and were fine with that.

<clipped><clipped>(clipped)

p.s...................to be honest, when i first started reading through this forum i felt that everyone here was full of it, everyone here was a fan boy and its all bull, because the forum was just to positive....................well mark my words, i feel just as much a part of this community as the next guy now. and this is not no low end car forum that you get ripped on for asking a question twice, we all do this for passion (for busniess or pleasure) and we realize the same basic questions will be asked hundreds of times. and were fine with that.

I totally agree we all have lot's to learn from each other. My first impression was similar to yours, seemed a little fan boyish, but everybody here seems very cool and helpful, what I have heard about the product is great, and I can't wait to get my order delivered!:2thumbs:</clipped></clipped>

I tried to use CG's products once but I had one product question for them first, well after calling 12 timess and nobody ever answering the prone I decided i'd pass on their stuff :lol::lol::lol:

Not sure if that's a tongue-in-cheek comment.......

I'm gonna' cal a spade, a spade here.

I dealt with Chemical Guys for almost 4 years.

Throughout that period, I called them regularly for product info, issues, concerns, tips and whatnot - especially in the first year where I probably called them every couple of weeks or so - and my calls were always answered the first time.

Their customer service, on all levels, was never an issue..... it was numerous steps/products I had to use to achieve the desired result.