Customer Service 866.965.0400

"DO NOT WASH" printable dealership warning hangers

Team Adam's

Question

We all know the horrors that await your paint job when its in for any kind of service at a dealer or shop.

You can ask the service manager to make sure the porters don't wash your car and screw up all your hard work, but sometimes that message doesn't make it all the way to the right people.

These FREE printable hangers can be placed on your rear view mirror, gear shift, or anywhere else to get the attention of any potential washer to make sure they know not to bother with whatever swirl inducing rag and sponge combo they have in mind. :2thumbs:

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Click your preferred hanger image below
  2. Download to your computer (right click, save as)
  3. Print the hanger on a heavy card stock
  4. Cut out along the dotted line
    • OPTIONAL - print 2 copies and glue back to back for a 2 sided hanger.

[*]Store in your glovebox

[*]Hang the notice from your rear view or gearshift

[*]Sleep easy knowing you your ride won't come back with swirls!

3f227ed2.jpg b4103a0a.jpg

4621826b.jpg 63af7675.jpg

UPDATED: for those with rear view mirrors that block part of the sign click below for the extended versions which have an additional 3" of length before the text

CLICK HERE FOR "CAR" w/ EXTENSION

CLICK HERE FOR "TRUCK" w/ EXTENSION

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Hmm, how about another one when you get tires rotated.....God I hate that resulting sling...I'll try this one for tomorrow

Do not apply Tire Shine Dressing

I'd be more worried about them using an impact on my wheel lug nuts than tire dressing. I would already have SVRT on my tires anyway.

reviving this thread, since it came up earlier today.

ya know, it wouldn't hurt if it said "PLEASE" somewhere on the tag.... just to be a little more polite to someone who probably hates their job and would much rather spend their Saturday watching foosball :D

reviving this thread, since it came up earlier today.

ya know, it wouldn't hurt if it said "PLEASE" somewhere on the tag.... just to be a little more polite to someone who probably hates their job and would much rather spend their Saturday watching foosball :D

Thy will hate their job even more if they screw up my Adamized paint. :banana:

Are the images working right now for anyone?  I keep getting dropbox errors when I try to download. 

Try just right clicking the image and save it, then print it.  It just worked for me for the black and whites as I did not have those saved before.

Yep, ndkid is correct. Right-click and save the image. It looks like the account that Dylan used on dropbox might be deactivated. I'll have to see if I can get them re-hosted to a new location. Thanks.

I'd like the extended truck version but the link is broken

Just found this tag, need it because the guys at the shop I take my baby girl to eff up my paint every time with their yucky towels. I've asked them sooooo many times to leave the car as is and I'll take care of fingerprints and whatever else the mechanics leave behind. Works about 40% of the time. 

Thanks!

Someone should make a plastic version of these...

That is a good idea.  In the meantime, you can do what I did and laminate it.  If you don't have a laminator, then you could take it to an office supply place like Staples and have it done.

20150306_141325.jpg

I also printed two and made this laminated  hanger double-sided.

I put a couple layers of clear packing tape over mine when I used it last week.

The detailer at the dealership actually came up to me when I picked up my V and asked me how come I don't want them washing my car.

6dv881.jpg

Edited by CadillaChick