Customer Service 866.965.0400

"DO NOT WASH" printable dealership warning hangers

Team Adam's

Question

We all know the horrors that await your paint job when its in for any kind of service at a dealer or shop.

You can ask the service manager to make sure the porters don't wash your car and screw up all your hard work, but sometimes that message doesn't make it all the way to the right people.

These FREE printable hangers can be placed on your rear view mirror, gear shift, or anywhere else to get the attention of any potential washer to make sure they know not to bother with whatever swirl inducing rag and sponge combo they have in mind. :2thumbs:

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Click your preferred hanger image below
  2. Download to your computer (right click, save as)
  3. Print the hanger on a heavy card stock
  4. Cut out along the dotted line
    • OPTIONAL - print 2 copies and glue back to back for a 2 sided hanger.

[*]Store in your glovebox

[*]Hang the notice from your rear view or gearshift

[*]Sleep easy knowing you your ride won't come back with swirls!

3f227ed2.jpg b4103a0a.jpg

4621826b.jpg 63af7675.jpg

UPDATED: for those with rear view mirrors that block part of the sign click below for the extended versions which have an additional 3" of length before the text

CLICK HERE FOR "CAR" w/ EXTENSION

CLICK HERE FOR "TRUCK" w/ EXTENSION

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Just started working at a VW/Mazda dealer, and I really cant believe they they wash BRAND NEW cars, along with customer cars with the brush on a stick things they have.

I watched as they washed a brand new Passat the other day, right off the truck, and it was swirl central when they finished!

We got a dealer trade Tiguan from Buffalo, and when arrived it was flawless. I was actually surprised at how clean it stayed on the 300 mile trip, and how swirl free it was after that dealership has sent it to us.

I came back from lunch to see it being washed by the recon guy, I almost wanted to walk over and stop him because it was completely unneeded, and all it was going to do was ruin someones brand new car.

I really dont know how people can call themselves "recon" guys and basically just swirl customer cars up all day everyday.

The only consolation is that 95% of people dont even know, or dont care that their car's finish is being ruined everytime they bring it in.

end rant.

I would lloooooooooooooove some kind of swanky Adam's car show signs that have "DO NOT TOUCH" printed on them. I'm entering the Charger in the first "real" car show in February & would like something badazz like:

"Meticulously maintained by Adam's Polishes, please do not touch this immacculately detailed car."

:)

I like the signs! Although I'm one of the guys that hangs out in the shop with the techs as they do their thing; plus the owner of my dealership is a sponsor as well as a member of SVGTO--so they understand my quirks! :thumbsup:

When I rolled up in my G8 that I also go to the same dealership as Bob does everyone just kinda stood back and as soon as I got out they went 'Wow you don't see one that clean every day.' I made sure they didn't wash it and they even said they wouldn't because I had just gave her a quick detail before going in. It's nice to have people that respect your ride.

Does it count does it count???!?!!!?!?! Dropped it off for an oil change and to get a headlight replaced that had moisture in it....

DOES IT COUNT?! :lolsmack:

I hope it counts cause that would really make up for the ****ty caviler they gave me to drive over night with 106,000 miles on it and REEKS of smoke.

6124b7ba.jpg

Adam's could make these in a cardboard style with the bottom being a tear-off business card. Get the porters interested in doing things right.

I printed mine on card stock and laminated it.

Edited by Kingsford

I didnt want to be labeled a cheater so I have proof. I'll just have to do a better job next time! :2thumbs:

Congrats Jae! :rockon: Didn't even think about taking that many pics to prove it.

eb2f31a2-1.jpg

By the way... $57.07 for an oil change? WTF?!?!?! :willy: