Customer Service 866.965.0400

"DO NOT WASH" printable dealership warning hangers

Team Adam's

Question

We all know the horrors that await your paint job when its in for any kind of service at a dealer or shop.

You can ask the service manager to make sure the porters don't wash your car and screw up all your hard work, but sometimes that message doesn't make it all the way to the right people.

These FREE printable hangers can be placed on your rear view mirror, gear shift, or anywhere else to get the attention of any potential washer to make sure they know not to bother with whatever swirl inducing rag and sponge combo they have in mind. :2thumbs:

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Click your preferred hanger image below
  2. Download to your computer (right click, save as)
  3. Print the hanger on a heavy card stock
  4. Cut out along the dotted line
    • OPTIONAL - print 2 copies and glue back to back for a 2 sided hanger.

[*]Store in your glovebox

[*]Hang the notice from your rear view or gearshift

[*]Sleep easy knowing you your ride won't come back with swirls!

3f227ed2.jpg b4103a0a.jpg

4621826b.jpg 63af7675.jpg

UPDATED: for those with rear view mirrors that block part of the sign click below for the extended versions which have an additional 3" of length before the text

CLICK HERE FOR "CAR" w/ EXTENSION

CLICK HERE FOR "TRUCK" w/ EXTENSION

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Congrats Jae! :rockon: Didn't even think about taking that many pics to prove it.

Haha I was trying to get the perfect pic that showed the dealership, my car, and the tag, and figured that I couldn't get them all in 1 shot.

When I receive my prize I will send you a can.

woo hoo! thanks dylan! That's great of you.

FFkingsford, PM me your shipping address if you feel comfortable with it and I'll split it with you, you deserve it :)

So being on vacation pays off again! Congrats Jae, and that is a nice offer too.

I had the same issue at first.No matter how I set the printer settings it still came out "stretched". Finally, I saved the file as a scan from the printer menu, which turned it into TIFF file. Then opened that file and printed it and it worked!?!? Weird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I got a chance to use my Window Hanger today. Did not work out so well.

I took my truck in to a body shop this morning to get the cladding on the lower part of my passanger side door re-attached. Silverado SS's have plastic cladding around the entire lower parts of the truck that make it look more agressive but have a bad habbit of peeling off. Well I was not even able to get my passanger door open.

So I called the body shop at 11:00 this morning asking about what time it would be done, so I knew if I could pick it up at lunch at noon or wait till I got off work at 430. well the lady said she thought it was done but she wanted to check. So she puts me on hold and then comes back and says: Oh yeah its done, it just needs to be washed. I almost lost it I told her NO I DONT WANT IT WASHED!!! I wanted to say: Did you not se the large sign in the Rearview that says DO NOT WASH THIS TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I kept my cool and did not get mad. Im going to pick it up at noon and they better hope they did not wash it.

I spent all weekend working on my truck. I took it and pressure washed it on friday to remove the large dirt. Then On sunday I waterless car washed it, Hit it with a coat of RP and then a coat of BW, and I SVRT'd the Interior.

UPDATED:

for those with rear view mirrors that block part of the sign click below for the extended versions which have an additional 3" of length before the text.

Some scaling to fit your printer may be required

CLICK HERE FOR "CAR" w/ EXTENSION

CLICK HERE FOR "TRUCK" w/ EXTENSION

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Had to print some up last night. Camaro tripped TPS code and went into limp mode. So to the dealer it went, don't wash signs were a must.

Conversation at the dealer this morning.

Me" you guys don't need to wash it"

Dealer "oh , when was the last time Oil was changed"

Me" yesterday, I do all my own service work not covered"

Dealer " how about the air presure in the tires"

Me" Just fix the problems related to the error code. And I'll take care of the rest. Oh ya and again don't wash it I left a sign hangging on the mirror"

Dealer: Ok

It think he figured it out.

I can't get it to print right on my computer! That's the problem!

I had that problem as well but can't remember how I remedied it. I think I rotated the image 90° and it ended up printing in the middle of a page. I then printed another one on the other side of the same sheet of paper.

Edited by Chuckkilo3

I had that problem as well but can't remember how I remedied it. I think I rotated the image 90° and it ended up printing in the middle of a page. I then printed another one on the other side of the same sheet of paper.

What kind of sorcery are you into

What kind of sorcery are you into

Experimentation and desperation type. :)

If you see the box checked for "Fit picture to frame", uncheck it before you print and it should fit on the sheet if you have rotated the image 90° already. That's how it works on my HP2210.

Edited by Chuckkilo3

What is the best type of paper to print this on? Will be bring the car in to get the rear window wiper replaced under warranty and don't want to go back and see things all messed up even though I haven't really done a correction yet.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

What is the best type of paper to print this on? Will be bring the car in to get the rear window wiper replaced under warranty and don't want to go back and see things all messed up even though I haven't really done a correction yet.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

I used regular printer paper since I planned on laminating mine. Worked well for me. Yes, even though you have not done any correction yet, they can still cause you more work than you already have if they attempt to wash it.

I can't help but laugh at what we've become. :lolsmack::lolsmack:

Great Idea Dylan:2thumbs:

And be sure to tell the Service Dept. Mgr. to have the mechanic put on those little hospital booties over their boots and put on clean gloves when they drive it. :lol: