Customer Service 866.965.0400

My recent details......

suke

New to the forum, fairly new to Adams, but not exactly new to detailing. In some form or another I've been detailing cars since I was 14......so somewhere between 14-15 years. It's always been a side gig kind of thing, and of course my own vehicles.

Found out about Adams when I bought an S2000 earlier this year, and on a popular s2k forum there was a very decisive line between Adams and Menzerna. I chose Adams due to their pad per polish type kit. Sooooo here's some of the rides of done in the last couple of months.

My S2000. Had the front half repainted when I bought it. Can't see it in the pics but the front is terrible as far as orange peel goes. I'll be wet sanding it over Christmas when I'm off work.

Before-Washed and clayed already at this point

041.JPG

040.JPG

All done

042.JPG

043.JPG

045.JPG

046.JPG

Altima 3.5 SE coupe

Job

Wash, Clay, Polish, Wax

Equipment

Porter Cable 7424XP

Adam's Fine machine Polish and Adam's Sealant.

Before

detailing%2B060.JPG

detailing%2B061.JPG

detailing%2B062.JPG

Washed

detailing%2B007.JPG

Junk in the paint.......this stuff was a PITA.

During clay

detailing%2B002.JPG

Clayed

detailing%2B013.JPG

detailing%2B015.JPG

Didn't get any during the polish

Done all but wax

detailing%2B021.JPG

detailing%2B022.JPG

detailing%2B023.JPG

detailing%2B026.JPG

detailing%2B027.JPG

without flash

detailing%2B029.JPG

detailing%2B034.JPG

got the crap outta the paint

detailing%2B035.JPG

detailing%2B032.JPG

2004 S2000. Did a full detail( wash, clay, 2 rounds of compound, polish, sealant, wax).

This took about 17hours. I could have finished earlier, but when people pay me I put 150% more effort into it.

Before

Left is obvious compound, right is not.

013.JPG

You can see the swirls here.

002.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

After

Completely swirl free

014.JPG

Mirror Finish

015.JPG

028.JPG

Yellow in yellow

029.JPG

Looks good

030.JPG

027.JPG

026.JPG

025.JPG

024.JPG

023.JPG

022.JPG

Damn this looks good.

021.JPG

Don't mind my grass. I've planted new grass and can't mow right now.

020.JPG

018.JPG

Comparison....mine's dirty right now.

016.JPG

Gotta say I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out.

99 F150 Lightning

Full Detail

*************************** Compound

Adams Swirl & Haze Remover

Adams Machine Super Sealant

**************************** Wax

Before

Left half is done, right is obviously not.

IMG_20111104_180726.jpg

Bed completely done.

IMG_20111104_194749.jpg

Roof half and half

IMG_20111104_212035.jpg

IMG_20111103_174157.jpg

Swirls and Misc scratches

F150LightningDetail046.jpg

Half and half when working on the hood. F150LightningDetail014.jpg

After

Bed

F150LightningDetail025.jpg

F150LightningDetail024.jpg

F150LightningDetail026.jpg

F150LightningDetail028.jpg

F150LightningDetail029.jpg

F150LightningDetail033.jpg

F150LightningDetail030.jpg

F150LightningDetail032.jpg

Only pic I have of the rear. Hadn't done the final clean up so ignore the wax every where.

F150LightningDetail023.jpg

dammit my shadow got in the way.

F150LightningDetail031.jpg

Will be doing my s2000 again over the break with a mixture of *****, Adams, and ***** products. Also getting some Adams goodies for Christmas as well that I'm itching to try out.

Edited by Mook@Adams
Other Product mention not allowed.

Love those SVT Lightnings.

Great job.

That thing was by far the hardest detail I've ever done. This guy inherited the truck a year ago, and up to that point it had lived outside under a pine tree. That took about 35 hours worth of work.

I just did a BMW X5, but the pics are terrible. So I didn't post it.

Wow. You have been busy. :thumbsup:

Nice job! :cheers:

Insanely busy! I've got an 2008 STi coming up that sees quite a bit of abuse, and of course my S2000 over the break as well.

Welcome!

I want an S2000, I want an S2000, I want an S2000, I want an S2000 ,I want an S2000 :D

love them! nice job.

They are a blast. I came from a Jeep to this. It's 180* change. It belonged to a buddy of mine before I got it, and belonged to his dad before that. His dad is the President of Honda Racing so I have some pretty awesome Japanese Honda Racing parts you can't get in the States. It's def something I'll keep forever and something that will be highly collectible some day.

What I'm working on now. It's in pretty rough shape. Don't think this car has ever been waxed. The paint felt real chalky. Subaru is known for pretty poor paint much like Nissan's. I absolutely LOVE this car though. It's quite possibly the most awesome car I've ever driven.

So far just used Adams shampoo mixed with APC. Tomorrow starts the Adams SSR, might have to break out the BIG guns for this and use my extra heavy cut compound and LC pad.

Before/During Wash

IMG_20111221_151929.jpg

This thing was pretty bad

IMG_20111221_151941.jpg

IMG_20111221_151949.jpg

IMG_20111221_152002.jpg

IMG_20111221_152011.jpg

020.jpg

After wash

024.jpg

027.jpg

The wing is a different white than the body. I'm hoping to polish it to where it's not so noticeable.

028.jpg

Even with the white you can see how badly swirled this thing is.

031.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

Thought I was going to be able to just do my lightest round of compound on this, but looks like I'll have to bring out the big guns. I start with claying it tomorrow, and prolly the first round of compound.

I would suggest doing some 2x2' panel tests ,starting with SHR, then FMP. If necessary, try the SSR/green pad. (You might not go up to the compound.) I have heard issues with some Nissan clears (Very soft and very thin) and that's why I said do some tests, just to make sure you only go as aggressive as necessary, not too aggressive. If that clear is thin/soft, you'll have to be careful.

I have taken stuff nearly like that out with SHR, but it took a couple passes with the PC and SHR. I would bet that if you have a flex, the SHR would clean that up well, maybe with one pass.

I would suggest doing some 2x2' panel tests ,starting with SHR, then FMP. If necessary, try the SSR/green pad. (You might not go up to the compound.) I have heard issues with some Nissan clears (Very soft and very thin) and that's why I said do some tests, just to make sure you only go as aggressive as necessary, not too aggressive. If that clear is thin/soft, you'll have to be careful.

I have taken stuff nearly like that out with SHR, but it took a couple passes with the PC and SHR. I would bet that if you have a flex, the SHR would clean that up well, maybe with one pass.

Oh for sure, this def isn't my first rodeo. :) I only have the PC, and that'll be fine with this since it has a soft clear. The chalky parts I'm going to see if I can just use the polish first. I'm getting ready to clay it right now. That will give me an idea of how bad off the paint is.

whew this car is in bad shape. Holy hell is Subaru clear SUPER soft, quite possibly the softest I've ever come across. Even softer than Honda's.......and that's saying something.

Only using SHR and FMP. Tried a small section of SSR and it was wayyyyy over kill. Looks like this car has either been painted before or been polised with a rotary by someone that doesn't know what they're doing. I can see these nice circular soft scratches DEEP in the paint. Almost looks like it's under the clear. Doubt it, but looks that way. I did that part with SSR followed by SHR then FMP. It's barely noticeable now. It's looking REALLY good, and no more swirls. I managed to get through half of it today. Since he's outta town for 2 weeks and I've got the time I'm going slow with this one.

011.JPG

Man I love the focus pads. Make doing lights a piece of cake.

012.JPG

Woot no more swirls.

003.JPG

The black part of the mirrors was severly stained and water spotted that even clay wouldn't take off. Looks gorgeous now.

006.JPG

002.JPG

014.JPG

that is one good lookin scooby hatch. the white with black is an awesome look! Nice work on it. how is the spoiler turning out?

I'm in absolute love with this car. Maybe I'll buy it off him when he's done with it. lol I bought my S2000 from him, he goes through cars like every two years.

Haven't touched the wing yet. I have the back, roof, and drivers side left to do tomorrow. The front scoop was just as bad, super chalky, but there's some gorgeous clear under the chalk. You can barely tell the difference now in the scoop. So hoping for the same results with the wing. The orange peel on this thing is terrible.

Great selection of cars detailed! You definitely have some skills with the PC. Only thing that concerns me is that super glossy tire dressing. Do you have any SVRT lying around?

THANKS!

Getting some for Christmas! Can't wait to use it. I actually like the gloss, I buff it down a bit before they get on the road to make sure it doesn't sling.

Since I have some time with this one I decided to set up a time lapse

Time lapse clay

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9pc1t52t5M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9pc1t52t5M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Time lapse buff/polish

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQOy9SavT5c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQOy9SavT5c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Edited by suke