Customer Service 866.965.0400

My recent details......

suke

Very cool Christian!

I did it mainly cause a guy on another forum I'm on says he can detail a car in under 4 hours.....and rightly so you can detail a car in under 4 hours. However, you can't do what I do in 4 hours or less. Given the same equipment that is.

In your clay time lapse I didn't notice the use of any detail spray or lubricant for the clay. Was the car still wet from washing?

I've only used two clay products (and of course now use Adam's) and with both of them I had to use a lubricant or the clay would just stick to the car instead of gliding across the paint.

In your clay time lapse I didn't notice the use of any detail spray or lubricant for the clay. Was the car still wet from washing?

I've only used two clay products (and of course now use Adam's) and with both of them I had to use a lubricant or the clay would just stick to the car instead of gliding across the paint.

you just don't see it. It only takes pics every 30 seconds, so you just happen to miss it. I'm using adams detail spray.

I reused stranglehold so you'll just have to deal with it. lol Has Before and afters at the end as well.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOVbWp6duiM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOVbWp6duiM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

I reused stranglehold so you'll just have to deal with it. lol Has Before and afters at the end as well.

<EMBED height=360 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOVbWp6duiM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

The Nuge :rockon:

White, what do you think about seeing the swirls..... man it is fun eh! One member said he uses this method "wait till the shine comes back on the area you are polishing", this will be close to flashing of product. White is so hard to see flash and swirls.

White, what do you think about seeing the swirls..... man it is fun eh! One member said he uses this method "wait till the shine comes back on the area you are polishing", this will be close to flashing of product. White is so hard to see flash and swirls.

pearl whites are easier to see flash that just a plain white. Lighter colors period tend to be more difficult to see flash.

Couple of projects in the works......they're my own unfortunately so I'm not getting paid to do it. lol

Working on my S2000 now. I had the front bumper painted and half of my s2000 touched up and re-cleared earlier last year. They did an amazing job matching the paint, but the orange peel was TERRIBLE. Can't really complain since I didn't pay show car finish prices. That and I'm capable of fixing stuff like this myself. I've done plenty of wetsanding in my days, but NEVER on large sections. To be honest I doubt I'll do it again........unless someone pays me a ton of money, and I have a paint thickness gauge. I started out with 3000 grit, and the clear laughed at me. Tried 2000 and it didn't even put a dent in the orange peel. I then busted out the 1500 and within a couple swipes it was knocked down quite a bit. Followed by 2k and 3k grit it all was pretty much gone. I didn't want to get rid of all of it since the stock finish on the rest of the car has some, and I don't want it to look wonky. So enough talky....on to the pics.

Before

That pic isn't blurry.......that's how bad the orange peel was.

stuff017-2.jpg

Once again not a blurry pic, just really bad orange peel

stuff019-1.jpg

In the process.

Orange peel is finally knocked down

stuff020.jpg

You can still see some left here

stuff021.jpg

I then busted out the big guns, my extra heavy duty cut compound meant to buff out 800 grit sanding scratches. It did ok, but was left with a TON of sanding scratches. ___________(fill in your choice of expletive here)!!! On to the green pad and SSR......ok a little better, but still pretty bad. I really didn't want to do anymore wetsanding as I felt I went far enough into the clear. So I figured WTH might as well go to SHR followed by FMP.................... and BAM.

This is the result. Sanding scratches COMPLETELY gone! SHR and FMP really is a deadly combo.

Perfection

stuff023.jpg

The light at the bottom of the hood you can even see the reflection of the warning labels. lol

stuff031.jpg

stuff024.jpg

Flash kinda washed this one out.

stuff030.jpg

Now there is ONE scratch that I found up by the windscreen that is still just a TINY bit visible. Going to hit that with a drill and the focus pads tonight. May actually wetsand that one out....we'll see. I'm killer on scratches, full panels I now know what works for me. This was the first time I've ever used a sanding block, and it'll be my last. To me I like to be able to feel what's going on, sort of like claying, I like to feel the paint. I also feel like I have more control. Shoulda stuck to what I was used to, and what worked for me. Oh well, live and learn.

Edited by suke

My other project. I inherited a car from my wife since she got a new one. This one is paid off and still in perfect running condition so I wasn't just going to trade it in.

This car has been taken care of by me since day one since we bought it new. However, it was tough to catch this car standing still long enough to give it a good detail.

I was given a auto car pro-heat for Christmas, and since this is my new to me ride.....time to clean it up a little.

Before...wasn't too terrible since we used rubber mats it's whole life.

stuff001-1.jpg

stuff002-1.jpg

stuff003-1.jpg

stuff005-1.jpg

The funk from the mats

stuff008.jpg

Cleaned with APC, came out real nice. stuff011.jpg

Adams C&UC and auto car pro-heat...after

stuff012.jpg

stuff013.jpg

stuff014.jpg

stuff015.jpg

stuff009.jpg

stuff010.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh man this thing is bad. Was talkin to the guy and he's said is this the worst you've done? I said hmmmm yeah. He laughed and awwww man I'm sorry. lol That's what I get paid for. This has never seen wax and has quite a few spots where the clear is gone, so I'm only going with one round of lighter compound followed by polish on those spots. I may hit some other spots with a heavier compound. It's got tons of swirls, but those are the least of my worries. Roof is heavily oxidized, along with scuffs and scratches all over. Looks pretty much like every other 10 yr old vehicle on the road. Either way it should look amazing compared to what it does now.

Here's the before. All i've done to this point is wash it. Took tomorrow off to work on this. So I'll clay it first thing in the AM and start to buff it.

rx300detailbefore013.jpg

rx300detailbefore008.jpg

rx300detailbefore007.jpg

rx300detailbefore004.jpg

rx300detailbefore003.jpg

after wash

morebefore001.jpg

Roof looks much better. Used an acid wash that I use to remove water spots.

morebefore004.jpg

morebefore005.jpg

morebefore002.jpg

This hood is pretty rough. Looks like someone covered up a bunch of rock chips with touch up paint.

morebefore001.jpg

it's turning out pretty good. Obviously some spots just won't come out, but it's shining up nice. IMG_20120120_155219.jpg

It'll never be perfect.......hell it'll never be anything better than OK in my book. However, it's a drastic improvement from where we were yesterday. I've still got about half left, but the wifey says we're goin out tonight......so had to stop for the day and clean myself up. lol

looks like a good start, do i see a kawi ZX10 or ZX6 in the reflection? more pictures of that :jester:

2005 zx6. Aside from my s2000 it's my baby. Sadly it'll be going on the chopping block soon to make way for babies. I'll get another once they get a little older.

AllClean005.jpg

The hood and roof are still jacked, but the rest turned ok. It's got all kinds of scratches on it and it'll take wet sanding to get out. To be honest the shape this thing is in it's not worth it.