Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Shipping Prices & Packaging

Yes....I remember I ordered my first order it was the flex brilliance kit and some other goodies...I didn't feel shipping was expensive and I thought this was the best packed box I've ever received...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes....I remember I ordered my first order it was the flex brilliance kit and some other goodies...I didn't feel shipping was expensive and I thought this was the best packed box I've ever received...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

:rockon:

THANK YOU

We try to send every box out so that when you open it, providing the Box itself didn't go thru hell to get to your house, it looks like Santa packed it!

Mook:2thumbs:

:rockon:

THANK YOU

We try to send every box out so that when you open it, providing the Box itself didn't go thru hell to get to your house, it looks like Santa packed it!

Mook:2thumbs:

I opened my two big boxes yesterday and it did NOT look like Santa packed it - there was no reindeer poop! :lolsmack:

The packing of both the boxes and the placement of things in the box are the best. My packages are always in great condition. Never had a destroyed box and all the bottles,sprayers, etc. are in great condition. Thanks to all the packers!

I will agree with him in not placing small orders due to shipping. I went over a month without ordering more APC since the shipping was 1/3 the price of it. Instead I waited until it was a special, paired it with more items to make the shipping worth it, as well as the summer sizzling sale.

Coming from a background in my mom having a UPS store, I will say that the paper is a cheap alternative to packing but can understand why due to the volume of orders they fill. It would be insanely expensive to fill them with bubble wrap or any form of packing peanut. The paper works. Ideal, not really but it works and is the cheapest functional way.

I will say that the paper is a cheap alternative to packing but can understand why due to the volume of orders they fill. It would be insanely expensive to fill them with bubble wrap or any form of packing peanut. The paper works. Ideal, not really but it works and is the cheapest functional way.

It also has the lowest overall environmental impact being made from recycled material as well as being recyclable itself. May not matter to some, but it does to us. A sustainable and environmentally friendly option is always better (IMO) when you can use it.

I will agree with him in not placing small orders due to shipping. I went over a month without ordering more APC since the shipping was 1/3 the price of it. Instead I waited until it was a special, paired it with more items to make the shipping worth it, as well as the summer sizzling sale.

I also due this.

It also has the lowest overall environmental impact being made from recycled material as well as being recyclable itself. May not matter to some, but it does to us. A sustainable and environmentally friendly option is always better (IMO) when you can use it.

I don't discount that one single bit. Its a good practice and reflects well on the company. Paper does the job just fine since you never hear much about them being damaged in shipping.

I was reading this thread with great interest. I too agree with everyone about the packing and customer service; FIRST RATE!!.

I also agree that shipping is a necessary evil and someone has to pay, somehow. While I'm not complaining directly about the shipping charges, they have stopped me from placing small orders (especially disappointing are the daily specials).

It's very hard for me to accept that the shipping charges sometimes are almost 30% of the price of the products! Usually around 20%. To me, that's just unreasonable.

As of right now, I have the two specials (36 oz Detail Spray and the Daily Special, 36 oz VRT) in my cart and with the forum member discount the price is $53.91. Ground Shipping is $9.58 or about 18% of the price of the products.

Now, spending $9.58 is not going to change my lifestyle any and I will place the order but it's the principle of it all. It's a huge percentage. We know that it's weight/distance based but I get a FexEx discount from my employer for 2nd day shipping and I priced the same weight to ship back to Adams using my discount and the price was $11.55, and that's second day air!! The price Adams is charging is $20.44 for the same service! If I can get that discount from FedEx, I surprised that Adams cannot.

I wanted to share my feelings (and they are mine alone) but the shipping charges do prevent me from placing orders for items that I would prefer to have but can find an alternate for so that I do not have to pay such (IMHO) high shipping charges.

This is a business decision of Adams and I would be remiss not sharing my thoughts as I think many others might feel the same way!!

I no longer buy from adams direct because of the shipping, it's utterly rediculous. Local dealers FTW! :thumbsup: I have two dealers somewhat local to me that are a day away for shipping and charge about 6-8% and the packaging is just as good! Just for giggles I typed in their location to adams warehouse in colorado and shipping is about 9-12% of the package same adams products etc,even gallon stuff and it's just about the same % every time, they are small time dealers and can't be doing he volume adams is now..........

I know adams has a larger overhead and know how thngs work because im in a business but I've given up on daily deals because shipping eats the savings instantly. Actually couldn't tell you the last time I bought anything from adams direct :(

But I'm supporting "local" business and ultimately Adams so it's a WIN WIN! :banana:

Edited by 3PedalMINI

Yeah the shipping charges have ended my direct purchases as well.

Sites like gpcperformance.com honors Adam's sales plus the shipping is ALWAYS $4.95 flat rate and free if you spend over $100. The packages are packed just as well.

No brainer...

:iagree: While I understand the premium quality in which the Adam's warehouse packs everything and the cost of overhead, the shipping charges (particularly for small orders) is a bit out of hand and frequently keeps me from purchasing more products. Now, I either purchase at other sites or wait for the 1-2 times a year flat shipping rate specials are offered through the Adam's website.

:iagree: While I understand the premium quality in which the Adam's warehouse packs everything and the cost of overhead, the shipping charges (particularly for small orders) is a bit out of hand and frequently keeps me from purchasing more products. Now, I either purchase at other sites or wait for the 1-2 times a year flat shipping rate specials are offered through the Adam's website.

This is what I do as well, try and time my purchases around the flat rate shipping.

I need to place a huge order soon, just noticed I'm almost out of gallons of Car Wash, Glass Cleaner, Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, and of course APC (I might go 5 gallons this time, as I use APC all the time, go through it like water). Plus I'm finally down to my last few ounces of original VRT I got way back in September of 2007 :lol:, half a gallon lasted 5 years!

I'm totally spoiled with Amazon Prime :lol:

Sometimes I'll order something at 2:00pm on a given weekday and it comes the next day, it's insane

Edited by Mark L