Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing on a windy day?

3PedalMINI

Question

20 answers to this question

As long as your not washing on a loose dirt/sand surface that can whip up debris on your car you'll be fine. Anthing dislodged by the wind will be sure to stick to your wet car. If your on something like a clean driveway, you'll be fine.

If you are going to wash in the wind, I would suggest wetting all surfaces and trees, etc. down around your wash area. That way anything close dirt and dust wise, perhaps won't travel because it was wet down in place.

Mook

If you are going to wash in the wind, I would suggest wetting all surfaces and trees, etc. down around your wash area. That way anything close dirt and dust wise, perhaps won't travel because it was wet down in place.

That's a great tip! I will have to try that next time I'm washing in the wind.

Unless you live out in the middle of the desert, down a dirt road, or in just a general dry area surrounded by loose dirt, there is nothing wrong with washing on a windy day other than fighting the water spraying back in your face.

There would have to be sustained 50mph winds before I would even think twice about washing on a windy day.

Thanks Guys!

Just finished the Audi, all is well :D

My neighbor who is a man of very few words grunted "Thats Clean" and walked inside. To get anything to come out of him without attempting to start a conversation is pretty unheard of. And i have to admit, it needing a wax it still looks so dam purdy and wet. :banana:

Im not going todo the mini since the wind is kicking up pretty bad and i was getting more wet then the car :lolsmack:

or rain, snow, or salt.

Come to think of it...I don't drive it...at all...how sad...

Unfortunately I don't drive my Firebird all the much either!! I've had it out maybe 4 times since last May!!!:explode::explode:

We aren't talking Gale force winds right?

Little breezy?

If you don't have the common sense to know when it's too windy, eek.

I almost always wet down all the surfaces around me regardless of the weather now that I think about it. I hate the Pollen scare when washing on my driveway, etc.

Mook

Brendon ,

Just wash is my 2 cents. When I was a kid I remember taking the opportunity to wash my Moms (ugly) Ford Fairmont wagon when it rained. I would go out with a bucket, dish soap and a couple of wash cloths from the bathroom and put on swim trunks and try to wash it before the rain stopped.

The people next door gave me hell all the time.

There is a lot of science and R&D that goes into the products but you can't forget why you love to wash cars! It is FUN and it makes you feel good.

Thats why we are all here!  Sometimes we make it harder than it needs to be.

I've never had any issues washing in windy weather.... rainy or snowy either.

12275079946_d2ffa16146_z.jpg

And this is a great play room...