Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rain beading on Buttery Wax and Quick Sealant

Doug123

Question

Ok, after last weekend's detailing, I walked out yesterday morning and it was drizzling here in So. California. First off, yay, we need the water. Second, I saw the following beading, and thought, "Take a couple of pics before heading to work". All I had handy was my iPod touch, so please forgive the photo quality.

The hood shots are of Buttery Wax, the roof shots and outside mirror shots are of Quick Sealant.

Here we go - Buttery Shots

The hood, from a distance:

Beading03-15-12001.jpg

Close shots of the hood:

Beading03-15-12002Buttery.jpg

Beading03-15-12003QuickSealant.jpg

Now the Quick Sealant shots:HHR roof:

Beading03-15-12007.jpg

Beading03-15-12008.jpg

Driver's side mirror:

Beading03-15-12009.jpg

Beading03-15-12010.jpg

That last shot really makes me look rounder than I am now! haha :/

And as for the inevitable question, "why buttery on the front, and Quick Sealant on the rest": I only got the paint detailed up to the front doors - had stripped and clayed the entire vehicle but couldn't finish the front end in time, so covered it with a quick coat of buttery wax, since I am going to just remove it in a week or so. Buttery is no slouch, that's for sure!

7 answers to this question

Yes, it really has some amazing beading. It also seems to last quite a long time. I had my left rear quarter done with the beta stuff (at a clinic), and it really lasted well.

I would like to do an A/B with the MSS vs Quick Sealant to see how they look and last.

Archived