Customer Service 866.965.0400

FORUM CONTENT POLL #1 - Censorship & Language

How do you feel about the current censorship rules on AF?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the current censorship rules on AF?

• The censorship is EXCESSIVE and I feel I can't freely express myself
    • The censorship is LACKING in some areas and I regularly feel offended
    • The censorship is PERFECT how it is and enforced fairly
    • The censorship is PERFECT but sometimes not enforced fairly

PLEASE READ BEFORE VOTING!

In order to better understand how our members view the current policies and rules here at AF we ask that everyone please respond to this poll. The results do not necessarily mean that we'll be changing or modifying anything, but we do want to get a feel for the community and their enjoyment of their time here. The poll results are set to private so do not feel you will be singled out for the vote you cast, only administration will be able to see who voted.

This poll pertains ONLY to censorship of content like language, videos, music, images, acronyms, etc. This poll does not include the exclusion of other brands (there will be another poll for that).

Please vote for the answer that best suits your feelings. We realize that there may be variations on the opinions, but we ask that you please select the option that most closely matches your feelings.

Keep it civil. :2thumbs:

Edited by Dylan@Adams

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the level of censorship is fine on here. I spend a lot of time on about 8 other forums, all with varying levels of censorship. Some with more than AF, some with none at all.

All I do is adjust my "e-attitude" depending on which forum I'm posting on. No harm, no foul.

im good with the censorship on here but like said above sometimes its the attitude of the members that drives more or less censorship. Here you can see from reading posts pretty much what you can do or say where on other forums you see other people say crappy things so another person says something crappy and it just permeates the whole forum.

Censorship seems right on track to me. Foul language (although I use it all the time at work, bwahahaha) adds nothing to a Forums experience, nor does it add any value to a conversation. This is one of the best forum experiences for a reason.

Now the censorship of products, while I completely understand because Adam's only sell's "their" branded stuff, get's old in some cases. I also understand not posting links, because this is a business like anything else.

Some members of the community seem to think that nothing else could possibly ever work, because it's not Adam's. That attitude gets kind of annoying sometimes. My idea has always been, take that other product and Adamize it....and make it even better.

im good with the censorship on here but like said above sometimes its the attitude of the members that drives more or less censorship. Here you can see from reading posts pretty much what you can do or say where on other forums you see other people say crappy things so another person says something crappy and it just permeates the whole forum.

Agreed.

But.....

You can't say "crappy".....this is your last warning:lolsmack:

Now the censorship of products...

and per the original post we will get to that... but this thread is about the censorship of language and content. please try to not derail this thread. :2thumbs:

This poll pertains ONLY to censorship of content like language, videos, music, images, acronyms, etc. This poll does not include the exclusion of other brands (there will be another poll for that).

I think the level of censorship on this site is high in a good way. This is such a small forum that if profanity was loosened up when this becomes a huge forum it would be out of control.

'If you wouldn't say it while eating with Adam and his family then don't type it' is how I try to respond on this forum.

I really like this forum and the level of respect for each other. There can be some different view points but we still respect those differences. :thumbsup:

I have left other forums because the language and content just becomes so disrespectful and negative. :banned:

Thank you everyone for your input... recent concerns were raised on both sides of the argument by members. There is a very vocal few who feel the censorship is too heavy and others who feel its not heavy enough.

We'll keep this poll open for a week to 2 and give everyone the opportunity to give their input.

Also, I just removed and IP banned the account of one individual who decided to create 2 accounts at the same IP to inflate the votes, his were removed. I'll remind everyone that ANY attempt to manipulate a poll on our forum or otherwise deceive the mods/members with multiple user accounts will result in an immediate and permanent ban from AF.

We have ZERO tolerance for dishonest people here.

Thank you everyone for your input... recent concerns were raised on both sides of the argument by members. There is a very vocal few who feel the censorship is too heavy and others who feel its not heavy enough.

We'll keep this poll open for a week to 2 and give everyone the opportunity to give their input.

Also, I just removed and IP banned the account of one individual who decided to create 2 accounts at the same IP to inflate the votes, his were removed. I'll remind everyone that ANY attempt to manipulate a poll on our forum or otherwise deceive the mods/members with multiple user accounts will result in an immediate and permanent ban from AF.

We have ZERO tolerance for dishonest people here.

Wow! Must have been a slow day at work for him...

I really like this forum and the level of respect for each other. There can be some different view points but we still respect those differences. :thumbsup:

I have left other forums because the language and content just becomes so disrespectful and negative. :banned:

:iagree:

Adams Forums really does not need much censorship from the Mods because the members on here already censor themselves. Everyone on here is great they are all positive, helpful and never belitle others. I think that Adams products attract a certain type of person, and in my experience people who have great respect for their vehicles seem to have great respect for others as well.

i think there is a fine line, I think we should be able to sensor letters like Sh!t, D*%m, F@#& etc. when an entire word gets ****** out it can be misconstrued into something far different (it happened on another forum) i am cool with the language censorship but feel just one or two letters should be censored rather then the whole thing.

Most of the time we know what it is anyway so why bother, especially when mods go in and edit posts to be completely blocked out. Just my opinion of course :2thumbs:

i think there is a fine line, I think we should be able to sensor letters like Sh!t, D*%m, F@#& etc. when an entire word gets ****** out it can be misconstrued into something far different (it happened on another forum) i am cool with the language censorship but feel just one or two letters should be censored rather then the whole thing.

Most of the time we know what it is anyway so why bother, especially when mods go in and edit posts to be completely blocked out. Just my opinion of course :2thumbs:

Problem is our software isn't that smart... it censors exactly what you tell it to... so if I were to tell it to block out "UCK" it would then turn DUCK into D***

but I get what you're saying.

i think the acronym thing is a bit much. I once typed "wwii" and it got turned into waterless wash ii...

WWII WW II Ususally when you place letters together it's not an issue. It's when you split them that causes an issue.

I think the term "censorship" is a bit harsh -- our main task/objective is simply to keep the conversions clean and friendly so that people enjoy being a part of it all. The ugly just turns people off. :2thumbs:

Edited by MarylandTDI
censoring my own post! lol

I think it is fair.i think the reason there are not blatant rip apart posts to others is because we all have the same goal here to keep our rides clean and shiney by using Adams products! We should be able to use other manufacturers names because we are comparing the two! Even though there is no comparison Adams rules! Everyone has different rides with same goal whether you have little or deep pockets the goal is the same! What I don't agree with is the fact that some posts are just taken down without an explanation! I feel a PM to the poster would suffice!

Back when Adam asked me to be a moderator his words to me were "I want the forum to be one where if my kids get on it, they won't have to ask me what a word means, or see pictures they shouldn't." I think we've pretty much kept it that way. There have been some changes here and there, but the main objective of keeping it clean and family friendly is still going strong. If it wasn't, I wouldn't be here.

I'll put my 2 cents on all the issues I have with this Forum, Oops I don't have any issues with Adam's Forum. That's why I keep coming back here when ever I have the time. Keep up with the hard work Adam's Team best Forum I have ever been on still.:cheers: