Customer Service 866.965.0400

FORUM CONTENT POLL #1 - Censorship & Language

How do you feel about the current censorship rules on AF?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the current censorship rules on AF?

• The censorship is EXCESSIVE and I feel I can't freely express myself
    • The censorship is LACKING in some areas and I regularly feel offended
    • The censorship is PERFECT how it is and enforced fairly
    • The censorship is PERFECT but sometimes not enforced fairly

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I once got a message from a moderator about my use of language after I made a post and used the acronym "BFH"

Is lmfao or wtf equally unacceptable?

needless to say, you know my vote.

:lolsmack: <- Note the smiley using a BFH :jester:

Great poll.....and I must say, we are proud to be conservative here. I'm proud to be a part of this community, and really never feel 'dirty' or like our integrity is at risk.

Great work Moderators, and members, YOU ARE AWESOME!!

:thumbsup:

i think something also that is annoying are the people who come on the forum and with the anonymity of the internet they think they can say or do anything. Most times if anything is wrong its not a member that has been here but someone who comes in and throws fire around at people. Theres a time to be nice, but theres also a time to be stern.

I think the language and censorship is fine. Biggest thing I HATE on other forums is if someone new asks a question, they're BOMBARDED with "search!", "search is your friend!", etc etc. Honestly if you're not going to help them, don't post anything, or help them but tell them how to utilize the search function using proper keywords and such.

I'm glad that doesn't happen around here too much.

I can't say I've ever noticed any censoring, which is perfect. It is nice how friendly things are here. At least once I put a word in a post and used different characters for a couple of letters, but it was a word you can say on TV, so I didn't think it was too bad. I'm not saying I never use foul language, but I don't daily, so I wouldn't do it here either.

If I ever offend anyone, please, report it to a mod AND let me know, I don't mean to offend anyone and I'm not too old to learn yet.

I think the language and censorship is fine. Biggest thing I HATE on other forums is if someone new asks a question, they're BOMBARDED with "search!", "search is your friend!", etc etc. Honestly if you're not going to help them, don't post anything, or help them but tell them how to utilize the search function using proper keywords and such.

I'm glad that doesn't happen around here too much.

Couldn't agree more! Usually I'll say that the search feature works great, but then leave a link to a prior thread or merge the thread with an existing. :)

I had a nice size message typed out but Tapatalk was having issues posting it...UGH!

Well, when I first joined a mod asked me if I would change my avi. It's a avi that I used on every forum that I'm a member of and it's never been an issue. I'm easy to get along with so I changed it. Keep in mind that it had no religious, sexual, violent, etc images or wording. It was sports related. :confused: After being here a while my next thought was should those detailing pix that have reflections of a sports team item hanging in a garage be considered offensive too? :confused:

That was my initial thought. Now that I've been a interactive member here I have quickly come to realize that Adam's Fourms (AF) is easily one of my top 2 communities out of 13. :2thumbs: Censorship? Like Tim said a few posts up, I haven't noticed any censorship. Which is great. My initial thoughts about my avi fall short in comparison to how cool this board is and the people here.

I like things the way they are. I've never been offended by any members. I'm not hesitant to post a thread, question or comment knowing that I won't get cussed out by some keyboard gangsta! :lol:

I love it here! :bravo: to everyone here.

I respect this forum and how others carry themselves here compared to other forums I'm a part of. It seems recently there is a lot of bashing going on those other sites and they are getting really hardcore for me. Here it's a different feeling....more class and respect for each other.

We are here to learn and provide assistance to help keep our vehicles clean....no "dirty" talk!

Should the forum apply higher levels of censorship or content that is fine by me. I consider everyone here a part of my family, and rules will be rules within the family.

I dig this place. Definitely one of my favorites. Amazing help, amazing members, amazing products, amazing EVERYTHING. Love hanging out/helping out on this forum. That being said.......

I do feel the censorship is a bit much at times. With all the "pro-America" stuff on this forum, it's ironic that "free speech" (which is one of the things that's more American than almost anything, lol) is a bit limited. Now keep in mind I don't curse like a sailor, or feel the need to shoot out foul words every minute. Matter of fact, my best friends would tell you the ONLY times I curse, honestly, are when I get passionately fired up & excited about things!!! But at the same time, we are ADULTS, and I think it's a bit naive to pretend we're all "goody-toot-shoes" about everything all the time. Let's be honest here.......when you're hanging out with buddies and talking cars and enjoying the passion of automobiles, is it always cookies and milk??? Or is there beer involved, along with "manly" (or womanly) conversation, along with testosterone (or estrogen), and other things of similar nature???

Now I know not everybody drinks beer. I know people have kids. I know there are some people that are more family oriented and Christian than me. I get that, I don't live under a rock, and I realize I'm not perfect, no news flash there. But just as I respect those folks and their lifestyle and word choice, I think a little respect in the other direction would be nice as well. As for cursing or censorship, in MY CASE (and I'm sure others as well), some of those words aren't used to be ugly towards someone or to be slanderous. They're used to express excitement. And as moderators of a forum, I think it should be your job to distinguish the nature of a comment or post. And in 99.9% of those cases, you should be able to tell if the verbiage is being used in a positive or negative manner. And then take any necessary action if somebody is posting/commenting in an aggressively negative manner. But for you to bleep out my word, when used as an excited compliment towards another member's car/post/project, is a bit silly in my opinion.

Now for me being able to read what's on this forum, OR ANY FORUM to my kids, or anyone else's kids. I'm conscious and aware enough as to what should be read to them. No differently than I won't let my kids listen to a "2 Live Crew" tape or watch a "Girls Gone Wild" video. It's my job as a parent to realize the difference, and be able to filter that. I should be the one to have control over what they read/watch/listen to, etc. And I'd honestly like my kids to grow up in a real world where everything's not fluffy roses and yellow brick roads all the time.

I know this is a bit more than what some people have said, and I apologize if I've offended anyone, but after all......you did ask, lol. And I honestly don't think this reply will change anything, as I seem to be the black sheep in my opinion with all this. So do I think what I've said matters?? Nope. Will it keep me from being an active member and continuing to buy the best detailing products known to man?? Nope. But at the same time, I felt this had to be said.

Thanks for providing me the opportunity to express it. :)

Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna go unpack my recent $450 order, lmao!!! :)

I voted " The censorship is PERFECT how it is and enforced fairly" but mainly because there was no answer that fit best to what I think.

I 120% agree with everything Chase (SRTLUVR) wrote.

Can't always have something made in the US, just the way the world is today.

There is no 10 year old on this thread we are adults we should be allowed to use the language and talk as such. I agree that having a family oriented forum is good but there comes a point in a family where there are no longer children but adults and young adults. I work around kids all day and have to watch my mouth... last thing I want is to come home and have to ****en watch it more. Ask any Firefighter on this forum, language at the FD is HORRIBLE but mostly used in good fun.

Just to add a little humor....

rant.jpg

Archived