Customer Service 866.965.0400

degreaser has jacked up my powder coated wheels

cyacop

Question

i have powder coated matte black factory wheels on my trailblazer ss . i went to use some super clean degeaser to clean up the tires and some got on the wheels and stained them. am i screwed or is there a way to fix it? i thought powder coating was more duarable then that.

13 answers to this question

Yeah... Super Clean has killed many a motorcycle wheel and swing arm as well...

Sounds like some polishing is in your future. 4" pads, PC, and some polishes...

Cya...why didn't you paint them in the first place? :lol::lol:

Use GWC or a Mixture of Car Shampoo and Water on your wheels going forward, and APC on the tires...making sure everything is cool enough to be cleaning!

Mook

i know this is a bit off topic but on the adams polishes shop area for the green wheel cleaner it says "You can safely use it on most types of wheels including clear coated, painted, coated and anodized aluminum" say i had a just chrome wheel with no type of clear coat on it would this be ok to use on it?

Yes... perfectly safe for chrome.

To the OP... matte finishes are very susceptible to harsh cleaners, so for anyone who sees this thread going forward:

IF YOU HAVE MATTE WHEELS STICK TO MILD CLEANERS OR JUST SOAP & WATER FOR CLEANING.

I answer probably 4 or 5 emails a week where someone has done something similar using aggressive degreasers on matte paint or powdercoat wheels causing damage.

Just like with polishing, or any other detailing process for that matter, always use the least aggressive method available to get the job done.