Customer Service 866.965.0400

Competition??

Hello Adam. I have a few water spots but nothing bad. Should I just use window cleaner and save the SHR for the tough jobs? Any input would be great. Also, are you making a guest appearance up in New Hampshire this weekend? Take care.

Hello Adam. I have a few water spots but nothing bad. Should I just use window cleaner and save the SHR for the tough jobs? Any input would be great. Also, are you making a guest appearance up in New Hampshire this weekend? Take care.

Hi Rob, The Swirl & Haze will knock out even serious water spots on the glass. Go at them with a MF applicator, or better, with the orange pad at 5K opm's.

Follow with the Brilliant Glaze, and you'll be good!

This weekend, I'm not going to be in NH. Much going on here at home, unfortunately, but I will be at the next event in New Alexandria, PA!

Far drive, I realize.

Thanks Rob, and as always, my cell is 303-718-9480. Give me a ring if I can help.

Thanks Rob!:patriot:

I also love the Griot's catalog. It's a first class publication, and they come so often, there's never a lack of them in my restroom! :2thumbs:

You should deal with Mid America! Their catalogs come once a month whether you want them or not...............and it's usually NOT!

Thanks Jim, you are the man! The reason we don't sell cheap, imported accessories is that I don't like to add to the already outrageous trade deficit with China. Think about it, every time we buy a cheap import, we are sending our $US overseas, and taking business from American companies. These days especially, our country needs all the help we can get!:patriot:

Besides the fact that the typical Chinese worker earns about $225/ month, the country pollutes beyond comprehension. Add to that, the container ships that are guzzling FOREIGN OIL (fuel) going back and forth, adding to the ocean and air pollution.

On top of that, and perhaps paramount in my book: the quality of goods produced in China are, overwhelmingly poor. (How many times have you purchased a product and been dissatisfied, only to find the little sticker, 'MADE IN CHINA?'

99% of accessories sold through our competitor's catalog and website are low-quality, Chinese goods. I own most of them, and speak from experience.

If I was a normal customer, I'd return 90% of the accessories I've purchased. Instead, I'm a a snoop, checking out the goods, so I can report with confidence and first hand experience. The catalog is for me, like a kid in a candy store, excellent photos, great write-ups, and killer marketing. However, when the goods arrive, they are consistently of low quality, and I can't remember the last time the item ordered was made anywhere but China.

Still need to go to the hardware store to get new bolts and nuts for the hose reel I purchased there. (Anyone want a cheap hose-reel? FREE to anyone who comes to my house in Boulder! It's the cheapest, low-end unit I've ever seen, and the screws stripped instantly. :( Better hose reels are available at Lowe's and Home Depot all day long.

If we find first rate items that are made in the USA, of excellent quality, you may find them on our site. Until then, we will only offer products that are the best you have ever seen or used.

With the exception of our Korean made microfiber, (Microfiber isn't made in the USA) all of our goods are MADE IN THE United States of America.

Thanks again Jim, I appreciate your kindness, and thanks for reading my rant!

-Adam:patriot:

AMEN:iagree:

Adam, I was going to call you but I know that you are a busy guy and I didn't want to bug you. After my windows are done using the SHR (orange pad) and BSG (Microfiber) I'm assuming that I maintain it with glass cleaner. Thanks again.

Rob

I know what you're talking about! They even sell their own car care products now.

Anyone tried them??

Adam, I was going to call you but I know that you are a busy guy and I didn't want to bug you. After my windows are done using the SHR (orange pad) and BSG (Microfiber) I'm assuming that I maintain it with glass cleaner. Thanks again. Rob

Too busy for customers? NEVER! Call me anytime Rob.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Adam

Thanks Jim, you are the man! The reason we don't sell cheap, imported accessories is that I don't like to add to the already outrageous trade deficit with China. Think about it, every time we buy a cheap import, we are sending our $US overseas, and taking business from American companies. These days especially, our country needs all the help we can get!:patriot:

Besides the fact that the typical Chinese worker earns about $225/ month, the country pollutes beyond comprehension. Add to that, the container ships that are guzzling FOREIGN OIL (fuel) going back and forth, adding to the ocean and air pollution.

On top of that, and perhaps paramount in my book: the quality of goods produced in China are, overwhelmingly poor. (How many times have you purchased a product and been dissatisfied, only to find the little sticker, 'MADE IN CHINA?'

99% of accessories sold through our competitor's catalog and website are low-quality, Chinese goods. I own most of them, and speak from experience.

If I was a normal customer, I'd return 90% of the accessories I've purchased. Instead, I'm a a snoop, checking out the goods, so I can report with confidence and first hand experience. The catalog is for me, like a kid in a candy store, excellent photos, great write-ups, and killer marketing. However, when the goods arrive, they are consistently of low quality, and I can't remember the last time the item ordered was made anywhere but China.

Still need to go to the hardware store to get new bolts and nuts for the hose reel I purchased there. (Anyone want a cheap hose-reel? FREE to anyone who comes to my house in Boulder! It's the cheapest, low-end unit I've ever seen, and the screws stripped instantly. :( Better hose reels are available at Lowe's and Home Depot all day long.

If we find first rate items that are made in the USA, of excellent quality, you may find them on our site. Until then, we will only offer products that are the best you have ever seen or used.

With the exception of our Korean made microfiber, (Microfiber isn't made in the USA) all of our goods are MADE IN THE United States of America.

Thanks again Jim, I appreciate your kindness, and thanks for reading my rant!

-Adam:patriot:

I DO NOT buy "Made in China" products anymore!

j10_01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried several Griot's products. Their car wash, speed shine, and interior cleaner are all nice products. The Best of Show Wax was a joke. I got so frustrated with it that I just threw it away. Their microfiber towels are nothing to brag about, either.

One thing I like about Adam's DS over Speed Shine is it works much better on windows. The Speed Shine has a minute amount of carnauba in it so I do not like using it when working with paint sealants, either. Honestly, there is nothing Griot's sells that you can't get from Adam's and the Adam's will be a much nicer product.

I have tried several Griot's products. Their car wash, speed shine, and interior cleaner are all nice products. The Best of Show Wax was a joke. I got so frustrated with it that I just threw it away. Their microfiber towels are nothing to brag about, either.

One thing I like about Adam's DS over Speed Shine is it works much better on windows. The Speed Shine has a minute amount of carnauba in it so I do not like using it when working with paint sealants, either. Honestly, there is nothing Griot's sells that you can't get from Adam's and the Adam's will be a much nicer product.

They DO have some tools that Adam's doesn't have... YET! :2thumbs:

Tools, yes. Detailing products, not really.

Agreed!

I bought their Boars hair brush about a month before Adam launched his...:(

It's a nice product too.