Customer Service 866.965.0400

Redeemable point system?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I get it. There seems to be a never ending quest to get more more more.

Everybody likes a deal. As do I. I love a great bargain (tho I for one feel I get that here with things as is) How much would it cost to get expert advice from true professionals if you were to pay by the hour to get questions answered to keep our rides as beautiful as we desire?

Let's compare just this one percs that we get here for free, to a mechanic and their rates, or an IT guy/ computer repair guy, attorney, doctor etc. Here it is all free!

Everyone here is certainly bright enough to realize any system created to ultimately give away free product will have a cost associated with it.

So who pays for this? And How?

Pick one.

1. Us, with higher priced products

2. Us, having same priced products but Adam eliminates clinics and the money saved he can give us free stuff.

3. Adams employees, I dont want to lose the clinics, Adam should cut the pay for his employees so we can get free stuff.

4. All Adams suppliers, he could outsourse many of his products, send his business overseas like Walmart, lower his cost so he can give us free stuff.

5. Adam, he should just eat this cost because workers comp, taxes, payroll matching etc are so insignificant he can afford it.

6. Naaaa! I see the value in everything Adam has created, I do not need more free stuff. Keep up the good work Adam.

As stated earlier, everyone loves a great deal, myself included. I feel if it is not broken, don't fix.

7. Produce in higher volume to supply the greater demand and lower costs

Why would they go through all that trouble when you sheep buy everything they put in front of you anyway? lololol i kid i kid.

no way! we don't just buy everyt....OH DD and SS towel sale! GREAT DEAL!! BRB WANT!!...

.....what was i saying?

The DAily special is a great way Adam's shows it's appreciation. They dont have to offer those deals. the prices are decent already and we will already get the stuff. the deal is just to ...encourage....the faithful into getting something sooner than they realized they needed to :)

These types of point based systems are typically seen in markets that have been "commoditized" - where the companies are struggling to keep customers loyal to them so the customer won't jump to the competitor to save a dollar. Think about the airline industry, they are in and out of bankruptcy with razor thin margins that fuel costs alone can erase overnight, so the airlines have their "point based system" with the proverbial carrot hanging out there. Of course they do it so that we keep coming back again and again with the hope we will someday get a free ticket (or recently we are seeing magazine subscriptions for those flight miles).

If we don't have a point based system with Adam's, will we go to the competition? Or do we buy Adam's because we believe their total package is the best value (product performance, customer service and technical support)? If the only thing that kept us loyal to Adam's was the point based system then Adam has a bigger problem to solve!

Companies invest in point based systems because they believe it will give them a strategic advantage. What would that strategic advantage be for Adams?

So if a point based system wouldn't give Adam's a strategic advantage to differentiate themselves from the competition, then why do it?

:cheers:

BTW - I love these types of discussions and love to hear and understand other opinions. My career has been strategy and analysis for the past decade.

7. Produce in higher volume to supply the greater demand and lower costs

Interesting thought although it seems highly unlikely that a point/bonus system would come anywhere close to increasing sales to the levels Adam would need to purchase much larger quantities from his suppliers therefore lowering his cost to justify this program.

I use the 2 current bonus system Adam brilliantly has in place now.

1.I follow the daily bonus and load up on items he has a deal on that I need. The current one gives $15.00 of free Single Softs away. That is a great deal!!!

2. As most of us know there is always a great holiday bonus allowing for significant savings. Then I really save big bucks and very happy they are available.

I do believe there is one of those right around the corner. Anyone looking for a bonus may want to consider the one coming up.

Edited by Redvenm

Guys, there are many more options than a "point system". There's no demand for Adam to start such a thing, people are just saying that it would be nice and should be considered. I think that's completely fair of the people who purchase all these products to request. We all support Adam's by being loyal and purchasing his products, so don't at any moment doubt the loyalty of forum members.

If not a point system, there could be a % off coupon after so many orders, unique to each person and only available to one. The "logistics" of such a program would NOT be so bad that it's nearly impossible.

I feel like those that are super fanboys of Adam's doubt anything that is merely suggested by anyone other than Adam or his staff. If they don't do it, it'll never be good enough. We all also need to remember that these are all merely suggestions, respect each others ideas and just wait for Adam to come in, don't start a forum war over nothing.

Guys, there are many more options than a "point system". There's no demand for Adam to start such a thing, people are just saying that it would be nice and should be considered. I think that's completely fair of the people who purchase all these products to request. We all support Adam's by being loyal and purchasing his products, so don't at any moment doubt the loyalty of forum members.

If not a point system, there could be a % off coupon after so many orders, unique to each person and only available to one. The "logistics" of such a program would NOT be so bad that it's nearly impossible.

I feel like those that are super fanboys of Adam's doubt anything that is merely suggested by anyone other than Adam or his staff. If they don't do it, it'll never be good enough. We all also need to remember that these are all merely suggestions, respect each others ideas and just wait for Adam to come in, don't start a forum war over nothing.

:iagree: I don't think it's a forum war by any means...simple discussion. But I like what you said.....and I agree.

Not a forum war by any means more likely strong ideas from different ends of the spectrum. I am a small business owner and that likely drives my point of view.

I will use todays special as another example of many. Free I&O spray. $15.00 savings on a very small purchase. Most dealers will honor this and with a visit to one the shipping will be saved.

So with everything else Adam does... I simply can't fathom why this isn't enough and why he should "give" us more.

Let's say he does decide to to something...a year from now when this point/bonus system is old....then what, he has to give us even more free stuff?

I don't get it.

Not a forum war by any means more likely strong ideas from different ends of the spectrum. I am a small business owner and that likely drives my point of view.

I will use todays special as another example of many. Free I&O spray. $15.00 savings on a very small purchase. Most dealers will honor this and with a visit to one the shipping will be saved.

So with everything else Adam does... I simply can't fathom why this isn't enough and why he should "give" us more.

Let's say he does decide to to something...a year from now when this point/bonus system is old....then what, he has to give us even more free stuff?

I don't get it.

Way different ends of the spectrum man....:2thumbs::lol:

Here's what I do know.......

1. Great company/great products/great forum.:2thumbs::patriot:

2. They just moved into a montserous warehouse, because business is booming.:2thumbs: Awesome!!

3. Just added up my receipts for the past year exactly....$2.7K. Yes that's 2 thousand, 700 dollars to keep my cars clean and shiny. And no I don't make as much a most people on this forum, and I still choose to buy from Adam's, and it's not because of all the "handouts" and "free" stuff.

It's kind of insulting that because someone brings up an idea...just an idea, that people are asking for handouts. That defies logic. A simple suggestions about a point system or customer loyalty card, that's all...no big deal.

IMO the idea is valid and worth hearing.

However, some of the responses I've seen seem to be as if Adam's doesn't do enough to make the customer base happy, which I strongly disagree with.

I suggest that we keep all talk about this topic within this thread so that we don't pollute the other threads on the site.

If I've not made it clear, I am not knocking the idea, I'm just trying to keep the peace because the back and forth I've seen may become an argument.

Adam and his team have always welcomed suggestions, I'm positive that they will at least consider it and offer their feedback.

All of the best ideas and programs in the world started with a simple idea. That is the AMERICAN WAY I thought. What starts as a simple thought with complications, could end up as the next big thing.

I am thinking some kind of point coupons that come in the box when it is shipped. Then the customer can redeem them at a later date. That way no need to track each person and order with special software.

Nice to see back and forth here and then. As a Marine,, One must do the following:

1. Improvise

2. Adapt

3. And Overcome all.

4th and most important, Never jump out of a perfectly good aircraft..

:patriot:

Edited by GaryW

Way different ends of the spectrum man....:2thumbs::lol:

Here's what I do know.......

1. Great company/great products/great forum.:2thumbs::patriot:

2. They just moved into a montserous warehouse, because business is booming.:2thumbs: Awesome!!

3. Just added up my receipts for the past year exactly....$2.7K. Yes that's 2 thousand, 700 dollars to keep my cars clean and shiny. And no I don't make as much a most people on this forum, and I still choose to buy from Adam's, and it's not because of all the "handouts" and "free" stuff.

It's kind of insulting that because someone brings up an idea...just an idea, that people are asking for handouts. That defies logic. A simple suggestions about a point system or customer loyalty card, that's all...no big deal.

:bravo:

Like the 007 of the AF. :bow:

I think everyone is getting away from the thought that this thread was a simple, innocent idea. Nothing more, nothing less. This whole thing has blown way out of proportion as it is starting to leak into the Daily Special thread as well. :confused:

Just thinking out loud, I wonder how people would feel about this type of system replacing the currently available discounts. Such as forum discounts, military discounts, birthday discounts and daily specials to name a few.

IMO the discounts you mentioned usually outweigh what a rewards program would offer..

With the existing programs, anyone on the forum gets 10% off for just being a member.. if it turns into a reward program, then it is performance based and you will have to pay full boat on a few items to build up the rewards.. I think the existing discounts ARE a reward system of sorts..

IMO the discounts you mentioned usually outweigh what a rewards program would offer..

With the existing programs, anyone on the forum gets 10% off for just being a member.. if it turns into a reward program, then it is performance based and you will have to pay full boat on a few items to build up the rewards.. I think the existing discounts ARE a reward system of sorts..

Exactly... Adams looks after everyone who supports this forum and puts out a good word about the company at shows and in their own driveways-- by offering forum discounts, daily specials, holiday specials, event specials, etc.

The guy needs to pay his employees and feed his wife and kids, too, by actually making a little profit on the products. Keep in mind that most other rewards programs put limitations on how/when the points can be redeemed, and often exclude products, so you'd have to assume that IF there was a points/rewards program it would be likely that using your points would mean you couldn't use it in conjunction with a discount, free shipping offer, or whatever. So in my eyes, at least, having a forum discount that can be used any day seems like a better, more convenient deal. :cheers:

$.02 deposited. :thumbsup:

We're allowed to reuse the forum code on every order? Seriously? If that's the case..DOH! Money wasted on my part over the last two years.:loser: