Customer Service 866.965.0400

Keeping a cat off my covered car....

Does anyone out there have this issue? My Daughter got a kitten who is now growing...he likes to run on top of my covered car when he gets into the garage. I am seriously thinking of making a two piece screen and 2x4 frame around it to keep him off. My biggest fear is that when he leaps for the car and catches the cover to climb that he will sink his claws into my clear coat. I really know that is one way to keep him off and that is to boot his @$$ out into the cold...forever but that would only land me in a world of S#*T....so any suggestions are welcome....remember, there is no open season on cat here in Massachusetts!!!!!! :help:

fb2abfcdee.jpg

Honestly, I don't think it's worth worrying about unless your clearcoat is really soft. My cat jumps up on my car all the time and has never left a mark -- it don't even think he has his claws out when he jumps up anyway, since it would hurt to land on a hard surface with claws out.

And don't to anything to harm or scare the cat, because that will just make you look mean in your daughter's eyes. Keep in mind what's really important. :cheers:

Rich

I have a similar problem with my cat, only I dont have a cover for my truck. Its a total nightmare to deal with the scratches he puts on the clear coat, but theres little I have found to do about it. Every time he jumps on it he places a streak of light scratches in the clear coat due to any small particles either on his paw or on the truck - it doesnt take him having his claws out to produce a scratch. Getting rid of the cat isnt an option, and keeping him out of the garage is near impossible.

I have been very close to purchasing a cover but have hesitated for the exact reason which prompted you post this. I believe Rich is right and the cat wouldnt use his claws when jumping onto a covered car. But I also know that every time I try to predict what my cat would do, I am wrong...so who knows.

BTW, all of my cats damage has been corrected with the orange Gen 2 pad and some S&H remover. the fine macine polish w/ the white pad has also removed some more minor damage..

It's going to be hard to keep him from using his claws if he's just a kitten and hasn't gotten the knack of jumping without climbing yet. You could try what I do............use a squirt gun. Doesn't hurt them and scares the begeebers out of them cause they hate water. He'll get the message. Only other thing I can think of would be for a loud horn to go off every time he gets near it. Try an air horn and watch him for a couple of days. Cats are smart. He'll figure it out.

That stuff does work on furniture. You wouldn't need to spray the whole cover. Just the area he/she tends to lay on. Then eventually only the sides where the cat will connect with the smell, before leaping up on the car.