Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do i remove white tire lettering?

3PedalMINI

My brothers new jeep has white letters on the tires and its driving him/me crazy. He's getting new tires in a few months but in the meantime how do you remove the white lettering?

i assume a black sharpie isnt the right way to do it :lolsmack:

TIA

You might try this:

Ranger Tire Paint — Welcome

I'm not sure you'll find anything that will last. You'll probably have to re-apply several times until you get the new tires.

You can always have the tire shop re-mount them with the lettering toward the back of the rim, but that's undue cost if you're going to replace them soon anyway.

Yes they still do.. :( Every Wrangler I have looked at had them.. Just do not understand the logic with Jeep behind that. :confused:

cause it looks awesome! Being a truck/suv person and even more so a Jeep person I LOVE LOVE LOVE the white letter out. Nothing better than a clean white lettered huge sidewall tire. For big tires with a massive sidewall if it's just black looks kind of dull. So there's something there to help with that. There a pain to keep clean, but look great when they are. :drool:

Black out makes the tire look bigger... This is why I put white in. Not to mention the PITB it is to keep them looking good all the time. For me it's mainly the idea of the tire looking bigger though.

thanks guys! except its white lettering on both sides :(:mad: i think ill have him order that tire paint and give that a try

Go to Newark and park it for awhile, your problem will be solved :lolsmack:

:lolsmack:

thats a far drive, ill have him drop it off in philly they should go in no time :jester:

lol yeah like a sick joke, every single one has white on each side, i was in a parking lot and saw a new JKU and peeked at his tires, white on both sides. Maybe goodyear screwed them up and gave crysler a good deal :confused:

Maybe they outsourced that to China too :lolsmack:

thanks guys! except its white lettering on both sides :(:mad: i think ill have him order that tire paint and give that a try

:lolsmack:

thats a far drive, ill have him drop it off in philly they should go in no time :jester:

Are you positive that both sides are white, and that the inner side is just raised?

• 6 years later...