Customer Service 866.965.0400

APC Sprayer Bottle

Just found my APC was leaking all over my detail cart. I think I dropped it during my last cleaning, went to hook it on my pocket, missed slightly and it found the driveway. I didn't think a drop like that would crack the bottom like it has.

Is this a problem with the botles or did I just drop it "right"?

Ryan, I'm sorry for the hassle. Dropping a bottle isn't ideal, regardless of what the bottle is made of.

A little info: HDPE, high density polyethylene, is the strongest plastic used in bottle production. It is not clear, nor is it as sturdy as PETE. (prone to suck in, "panel" and doesn't age as well.)

PETE, Polyethylene terephthalate, is the highest quality clear plastic used in bottle production, and is the stuff our bottles are made of.

Should we move to an HDPE bottle for all of our products? That's a question we ask ourselves often. On one hand, the HDPE bottles suck in and lose form. On the other hand, PETE bottles are more prone to crack, or burst when dropped.

You may likely see a change soon, in some of our products, to HDPE...stay tuned, and as always, your input helps us make decisions!

Thank You. :2thumbs:

I to, have had issues with my APC bottles. I always put my bottles back in a storage bin after I'm done (out of direct sunlight, room temp).

One day I opened the bin to find out that one had cracked along the seam perfectly and sat around in the bottom of my bin for a long time.

I've come acros the same issue as Matt with mine being in my storage bins. Opened it up recently and a new bottle of the microfiber cleaner as well as a new bottle of the interior cleaner were empty and sitting in the bottom of the container. Ashley gave some assistance already with it, but with regards to the bottles being made, is there a way to request maybe a slightly thicker bottom edge? Just seems like where they are breaking is just extremely thin.

Seems to me a hip high fall shouldn't crack a bottle (although, as Adam pointed out, it isn't ideal). I suppose it depends on how full the bottle is, how tall you are, the surface involved, etc. However, I did have a problem with an LIC bottle leaking for no reason. It was never dropped and always stored inside. After I found it leaking, I transferred the rest to a water bottle...no problem since doing so.

As a matter of fact, several others commented on the same issue with LIC in this thread.

By the way, I agree that Adam's products are top notch--to include packaging and presentation. It just seems as though there may be some sort of issue with LIC.

• 6 months later...

Just had two bottle fail, one revitalizer, one interior cleaner... contacting support now... not dropped, sitting inside, ambient temperature ~65 F

Weird... I may have had some bottles that shipped before Adams got the issue sorted? (Mid 2012 for the revitalizer)

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Had this prob for years. APC and L&ICleaner. Lost a couple bottles of each. Decided to use other bottles for those products. Hate doing that since it breaks up the sizing and they don't fit on the shelf with my other products... But after losing $30-40 in liquids due to bottles deteriorating or being eaten by the solvents...

Hit SAMs club up for a 6pack of empty spray bottles... Til Adams decides what to do about bottles.

That's what I did.

I had this problem twice, both with the MF cleaner. Both times I contacted Adams and they shipped me a new one at N/C of course. If I had lost product, they'd have replaced it for me at N/C too. That's how Adams rolls.

It was an issue with their supplier making the bottles incorrectly. I've never dropped an Adams bottle and had it break.

As far as I'm aware, the problem was resolved some time ago. I know I've had NO issues with any bottle since.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

To my knowledge, Len still has an issue with LICleaner, he keeps his stock in a ziplock.

Mine were lost in 2010, so --- yeah, statue of limitations lol. I've never dropped mine either. Just chalk it up to the game and move on I guess.

i keep my LIC and APC bottles 50% diluted, since they're pretty potent at full strength and i've never had a problem.

i noticed the new DWC is in a HDPE bottle. i like it and won't mind a change other products start coming in them. isn't this the same material as the gallon refills?

i keep my LIC and APC bottles 50% diluted, since they're pretty potent at full strength and i've never had a problem.

i noticed the new DWC is in a HDPE bottle. i like it and won't mind a change other products start coming in them. isn't this the same material as the gallon refills?

I believe you're right. I poured my DWC in an old 16oz bottle.

I have lost a few bottle from falling off the hip some I was surprised it broke but neber usually bothered me since I dropped it. Have noticed the sprayers don't gold up to a fall lol dropped my DS tonight amd sprayer didn't survive always keep a handful of sprayers on hand cause of this. Only time I have had bottle issues os with products I don't use for a while like SHR have had a couple fail at the seam at the bottom. Never really got mad just figured was a fluke

Joe

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately I also had repeating issues with leaking APC bottles.

The first time was a couple of month ago. I didn't think much of it and changed my APC to an empty Green Wheel Cleaner bottle I wasn't using anymore. Last Sunday I noticed that also this bottle was leaking. After having read this thread I took a closer look and saw that it is cracked at the seam at the side of the bottle half way down so that half of the bottle leaked out. 

As a result I know now how dirty our carpet is: The APC created a nice white spot (although it was diluted 50% with water)  :) 

What is not so funny is that we have a very curious dog and I am worried she may lick it from the floor one day. Hope she is clever enough not to.

Are the Kwazar bottles more resistant to APC?

Friends, a question:  If you received an empty bottle with each gallon purchased, would that be an acceptable solution to this issue?  Nearly all off-the-shelf products that are offered by our competitors have a ratchet sprayer, and it won't come off.  Even to refill.

Our goods have gallon, 5-gallon, and 55-gallon refill options.  Hence, the bottles are used  much.   Would you say the idea of a new bottle with each gallon purchased would solve this problem?

To me, that seems like overkill. I've been using your products for 5 years and have gone thru dozens of 16 ounce and gallon bottles with only having one breaking. If I got an extra 16 ounce bottle with every gallon I purchased I'd be swimming in them.

I have been using your products for years and have never had an issue with a bottle leaking.  Only problem I have ever had is the bottle tipping over and the sprayer popping off. I have some bottles that I still refill to this day that have the old logo on them that some on this forum may have never seen.