Customer Service 866.965.0400

82 Corvette CE Roadster

82Roadster

Modified vehicles seem to raise the feelings of purists and converts with many shocked that someone would modify a perfectly good vehicle to a point beyond restoration while others wonder why the designers didn't think of that in the first place.

Some seem shocked in a good way and others are left shaking their heads.

These are some of the reactions I've felt from Corvette fanatics when they see my 1982 Collector Edition.

You see, I always wanted a late C3 convertible and finally found this beautiful example in the collection of an architect from San Francisco :patriot:

I love this car and find myself among fanatics who can't understand why GM stopped building convertible C3 Corvettes in 1975.

I belive this limited build car is now even more special and rather than just one of 6,759 CE's produced, it's now one of only two examples known to me.

All my cars, especially this example are lovingly cared for with Adams products. :rockon:

Don't worry about the purists - drive it, share your passion and enjoy the ride.

P9060411.jpg

P9060424.jpg

P9060415.jpg

P9060416.jpg

Thanks for being with me modifiers. :2thumbs:

Wow, I think that looks great! :bow:

There will always be purists, and there will always be people who want to modify their car to the way they want it so they can enjoy driving it. You only live once, so what's the point of owning a hunk of metal, plastic and rubber if you're not going to get the maximum enjoyment out if it? :2thumbs:

Great car, the conversion looks very well done!:2thumbs: It's even more rare for being in Oz. For bonus points you should convert to right side drive.

I had a 81 with the glass t-tops, but I wish they had offered convertibles on the late C3s, too. I think most companies stopped making them for a time in the late 70s due to federal rollover regulations. I guess it took them a few years to figure out how to make the windshield pillar strong enough to act as a roll bar.

Edited by Redbeard

Thanks guys, love driving this Vette, even with the left hand drive.

Thought about converting to right hand drive, would be convenient but the cost of doing so is not worth it in my opinion. approx $17,000 to have a high quality RHD conversion done here.

So, I keep on enjoying my LHD Vette , plenty of classic lefties in Oz so I don't feel like the odd one out.

Best wishes from Down Under :glasses:

• 3 months later...

Over the next couple of weeks, I plan to strip the Americana Wax, touch up a couple of very small stone chips then seal, glaze and wax.

Looking forward to seeing the difference a base of sealant will make to the depth of shine on this bad boy. Have a car show to compete in on 3rd March and will post a couple of photos that should show an improvement over an already beautiful shine. :cheers:

Over the next couple of weeks, I plan to strip the Americana Wax, touch up a couple of very small stone chips then seal, glaze and wax.

Looking forward to seeing the difference a base of sealant will make to the depth of shine on this bad boy. Have a car show to compete in on 3rd March and will post a couple of photos that should show an improvement over an already beautiful shine. :cheers:

Cool Vette! :)

Share some pics of your car show in March. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, car show planned for 3rd March cancelled due to rain. It's been rescheduled for 10th March but we've other plans and won't be able to attend.

Hope for good weather soon so I can drive my car let alone detail it.

If worst comes to the worst, the 25th Australian Corvette National Convention is being held over our Easter long weekend at the end of March and I'll post a few photos from that event. :rockon:

• 4 weeks later...

The 25th Australian Corvette National Convention was held over the Easter Weekend 29th March to 1st April. in the Queensland regional city of Toowoomba.

After a thorough Adamising, my 82 Corvette Roadster was as smooth as glass. Here are a couple of photos from the event for your enjoyment.

Thank you to Joseph, our Australian Adams rep for kindly organising my windscreen display poster, lots of positive comments received mate. :thumbsup:

P3300033_zpsdd0a1997.jpg

P3300035_zps4446ee7c.jpg

P3300036_zpsffacedf2.jpg

P3300030_zps0db77a02.jpg

P4010099_zpsf4fe7a57.jpg

P4010092_zps27052d02.jpg

Had a great time, thank you Adams. :cheers:

This is the short version of my pre-concourse Adamisation.

Green wheel cleaner (love that Lug Nut brush)

Shampoo wheels & rims

Shampoo car

Clay bar & detail spray

Shampoo car again

Sealant

Brilliant spray glaze

Americana wax

Leather cleaner

Leather conditioner

VRT dash & tyres

Detail spray with waterless wash cloth then brush tyres once parked for judging.

Plenty of double microfiber towels and elbow grease.

Still didn't win a trophy but enjoyed a great long weekend with good friends and my favourite car ? and I know my car is being looked after with the best possible products. Thanks Adams.