Customer Service 866.965.0400

82 Corvette CE Roadster

82Roadster

Thanks Joseph, I'd forgotten about the lowered suspension. I'd like to think the Vette sits a little better in it's wheel arches and drives a little tighter after all the work.

I appreciate your great service and advice - the best products to come to Australia in years.

mc2hill - American cars have a significant following down under, especially with the exchange rates being so good over the past few years. Most Australian States allow vehicles over thrity years of age to be fully registered in their original left hand drive configuration, so older cars and rods are very popular.

Probably more Mustangs than any other badge but Corvettes follow closely with a wide variety of US muscle also featuring strongly at car shows these days.

Thanks to everyone who's been nice enough to comment, makes the hard work worth the effort. :cheers:

Edited by 82Roadster

American cars have a significant following down under, especially with the exchange rates being so good over the past few years. Most Australian States allow vehicles over thirty years of age to be fully registered in their original left hand drive configuration, so older cars and rods are very popular.

Probably more Mustangs than any other badge but Corvettes follow closely with a wide variety of US muscle also featuring strongly at car shows these days.

Wow, government officials that actually 'get' it! :thumbsup:

Would be better if we could register left hand drive vehicles from new as many other countries allow but the 30 year rule does encourage people to buy older classic cars which are always great to see on the street or at shows. :drool:

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just touching base, no significant changes to my Vette of late but I have a few small mechanical items to replace. New front springs, engine mounts, leads, braided brake hoses, shocks etc.

Can't believe how much the cost of shipping from the US has increased over the past two years.

I notice Adams now have Patriot wax available in Australia. Is it worth the $280? Would love to try it but hard to justify the cost.

Keep well guys, all the best from Down Under.

Just touching base, no significant changes to my Vette of late but I have a few small mechanical items to replace. New front springs, engine mounts, leads, braided brake hoses, shocks etc.

Can't believe how much the cost of shipping from the US has increased over the past two years.

I notice Adams now have Patriot wax available in Australia. Is it worth the $280? Would love to try it but hard to justify the cost.

Keep well guys, all the best from Down Under.

Jaimes! hope you're well! Yes we are feeling the cost of shipping from the US as well but all is well and good for Adam's Australia.

If you are thinking of pulling the trigger on Patriot Wax you won't be disappointed, hopefully some forum members who own/use Patriot Wax will chime in here to give their views.

In the meantime here is a thread on some views of Patriot http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/26228-first-use-of-my-patriot-wax/?hl=patriot

As always if there is anything we can do for you let me know!

• 9 months later...

make that 3 :) we have owned this car since 1985.. was convertible'd before we got it.. original owner had it done when the car was new. 82 collectors edition (real collector edition not a replica) with 46k original miles.. and shes for sale :) ...sorry for the poor cell phone quality pic.

post-12647-0-61472600-1424730890_thumb.jpg

Edited by COLLECTORCONVERTIBLE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Guys

A have a few current photos of my Convertible CE to share after suspension work which included heavy duty lowered front springs, new shocks all round, rear lowering bolts from a C4 for that extra drop and an after market rear sway bar.

The Vette rides quite firmly now and the rear sway bar has sharpened the steering as well as reduced rear roll.  Two improvements for the price of one.

Please enjoy....

PB110098_zpsvzturs0q.jpg

PB110102_zpscwkvlfrr.jpg

PB110097_zpsrvscqvn0.jpg

PB110103_zpsd7xzmrr2.jpg

PB110108_zps6gcdf9v6.jpg

PB110110_zps9qmxcy7l.jpg

PB110111_zpst9lhs5ei.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...