Customer Service 866.965.0400

You know you're a detailer when....

AmyAtAdamsAustralia

You wake up from this nightmare....... I am at a gas station, the attendant is washing my rear window with a squeegee. I look again in my rear view mirror and he is scrubbing a bug off my paint with it.... I flew awake before I got out of the car.

When you're at a going away party and everyone is smoking and you think to yourself.....I need a shower before getting in my ride.

And

You're on Adams forum just to post this while at the party.

This is me now.

I can't stay away from this place (sent VIA Tapatalk)

When you drop your truck off at the dealership for some work and while they are looking for a loaner car they say the following...

"We know how you are, so we want to make sure we give you a clean loaner. But you'll probably return it back to us even cleaner!"

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta! :D

• 3 weeks later...
....when you go to inspect your vehicle after the service representative has used your roof to write up the service papers. You start bobbing up and down looking at a shop light reflection while the service centre thinks you're mad.

Since when is my car a clipboard?

Or like me when you try and figure out how much something will cost to fix even though your car is under warranty because you don't want the monkeys at the dealer touching your car.

:help:

Or you are on vacation in Aruba and notice the sad state of affairs on the paint.  Due to sun, wind, and lack of attention premature clear coat failure is common, even on later model cars.  I nearly wept to see the state of paint on the island.  I also don't think the average salary ($20-25,000US) would support too much in the way of higher end/cost polishes/car care.  I cringed as I watched someone on the street wash his car with an old terry style rag and just water.

...you hate pollen to the point your co-workers think it may be time to call the guys w/the butterfly nets.

...you notice your Great White Towel being hard to move across the finish. You then get out a baggie, do the test and realize it's time for clay and wax and you say "All right!" to no one in the garage then go get the clay detail spray and wax. :D

• 2 weeks later...

...you spy a bird turd on the wife's hood and instead of just removing it you get out the buckets and hose for a wash followed by a Detail Spray wipedown. Of course this is all done before coming in the house after arriving home from the office.

Edited by sportredmistress

When you drop your truck off at the dealership for some work and while they are looking for a loaner car they say the following... "We know how you are, so we want to make sure we give you a clean loaner. But you'll probably return it back to us even cleaner!" Damn it feels good to be a gangsta! :D

Or when you drive a beast and they try to give you a compass as a loaner, needless to say I turned it down and drove my own DD... Sure this doesnt relate to detailing, but it relates to a perfectionist,??!

• 3 weeks later...

...you notice swirl marks in the cutlery at restaurants.

...you walk slower towards your car in the car park at sunset than everyone else finishing work

...you get really annoyed when petrol drips onto your paint after filling. You quickly spray and wipe with DS and a SSMF, take her home and spray some QS on the area, let it cure and remove.

...you understand all the abbreviations mentioned above.

• 4 weeks later...