Customer Service 866.965.0400

If you could design any Adam's product...

• 2 weeks later...

A modified funnel where you can screw bottles into both sides.  This would help with the last bits of the thicker items like Leather & Interior Conditioner, the polishes, etc.

A modified funnel where you can screw bottles into both sides.  This would help with the last bits of the thicker items like Leather & Interior Conditioner, the polishes, etc.

I have found that by storing them upside down, leaning up against a "warm wall", I can get most if not all of the product out with a little elbow grease!

How abouit a purpose built clay lube. Local detail supply shop makes one. I'd rather use the shine stuff for shine!

Agree.  Perhaps in a concentrate formula to mix with water?

I have found that by storing them upside down, leaning up against a "warm wall", I can get most if not all of the product out with a little elbow grease!

That is what I do currently, but I'm lazy and want to cut back on the elbow grease.  :lol:

I didn't read all 26 pages, so forgive me if someone else suggested this.

It would be great to have some kind of dye to add to all of the light-colored products( like Americana wax or Buttery wax) when using them on white cars. Despite my best efforts, I always find a 1 inch patch of rock hard wax 1 aday or 2 later that I missed buffing out.

Drives me insane.

How about a long handled sponge or applicator of some sort specifically designed to apply undercarraige spray.  Currently I spray the product on one of those short handled sponges intended to wash dishes and then rub it on to the wheel wells. It applies OK, and doesn't run or drip, but the handle is kinda short and the sponge head isn't really designed for this. 

How about a long handled sponge or applicator of some sort specifically designed to apply undercarraige spray.  Currently I spray the product on one of those short handled sponges intended to wash dishes and then rub it on to the wheel wells. It applies OK, and doesn't run or drip, but the handle is kinda short and the sponge head isn't really designed for this. 

Same idea for interior windows (especially for cars like Camaros with barely any access to the rear window).

• 2 months later...

How about a smaller version of your lug nut brush for detailing areas of the engine compartment (and other areas) that are too tight for the lug brush.  Some detailers use hobby paint brushes but the bristles are usually way too limp.  I think a boars hair brush with shorter fibers and a narrower handle that is still fairly long would be ideal. Something like the blue stencil brush in the attached pic but more similar in appearance to your red lug nut brush.

post-10999-0-53011800-1379001821_thumb.jpg

post-10999-0-91427600-1379505666.jpg

Also could use a smaller block applicator on a stick similar to a foam paint brush. These would be perfect for applying SVRT to hard to reach areas esp. the engine compartment and you wouldn't need to use IOS quite as much. I've tried using the cheap foam paint brushes sold in hardware stores (see above) but they are too flimsy and the sponge always separates from the handle.

Edited by simplife

Steve, have you looked in to the Detailing Swabs?  http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-925-adams-interior-detailing-swabs.aspx.  They are listed as 'Interior" but should work fine for your use.

Well, at least for me, a larger foam brush would be more appropriate, ideally tapered at the end and about 1 1/2 inches wide and 8 inches total length including handle.  The swabs are great for smaller jobs though.

Some new tire formula for trucks with mud tires. I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned in here but I can't devote the time to scrolling thru 26 pages. It takes me longer to apply SVRT to 4 tires than it does to wash and dry the whole truck. Unfortunately the OCD monsters don't let me just wipe the smooth part, all the knobby areas have to get an even application too. Tried using the block sponge, eh it's ok. Tried using the hex applicator, it tears apart. Tried using the old style lug brush, again, it's ok. Actually slings SVRT if you apply just a little bit too much. Tried using the SVRT "milk" spray, and it just doesn't apply evenly and it slings too. 

Maybe some type of SVRT based foam spray or something similar? Anybody else found a better way??

• 1 month later...

Some new tire formula for trucks with mud tires. I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned in here but I can't devote the time to scrolling thru 26 pages. It takes me longer to apply SVRT to 4 tires than it does to wash and dry the whole truck. Unfortunately the OCD monsters don't let me just wipe the smooth part, all the knobby areas have to get an even application too. Tried using the block sponge, eh it's ok. Tried using the hex applicator, it tears apart. Tried using the old style lug brush, again, it's ok. Actually slings SVRT if you apply just a little bit too much. Tried using the SVRT "milk" spray, and it just doesn't apply evenly and it slings too. 

Maybe some type of SVRT based foam spray or something similar? Anybody else found a better way??

Dilute it with water and put it in a spray bottle... they call it SVRT "milk"... it works pretty much the same but doesn't last quite as long. It does work and is mainly for knobby tires.