Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

It's got about a month-old application of Guard & Gloss as a base, and it's been getting a W&W weekly.  Dried with last year's "patriotic" apple DS & some VRT on the tires.  Usually the hex-grip applicator has been perfect, but for these I had to buy a paint brush to get into all the little "V" grooves around the outside.

vgea9b5.jpg

Edited by zw470

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After almost 2 months ( vacation, a week of crappy weather and then surgery) I was finally able to wash the RAM. Man was it dirty. Couldn’t dress the tires or the trim becuse I completely forgot I had an appointment in the afternoon. So I had to skip those steps. But at least she is clean.

Here’s some recent work we’ve done in the shop. We used a variety of products from different companies. But we definitely used our share of Adam’s.

The Audi is not ceramic coated, the Dodge Ram and Subaru are.

post-11222-0-53700300-1508107149_thumb.jpeg

post-11222-0-89483500-1508107177_thumb.jpeg

post-11222-0-06573700-1508107202_thumb.jpeg

post-11222-0-04012500-1508107226_thumb.jpeg

post-11222-0-26503700-1508107272_thumb.jpeg

post-11222-0-56747000-1508107359_thumb.jpeg

Edited by medic001918

Finally got around to doing a "full" detail with exclusively Adam's Products. No polishing as this is the winter detail, but extremely happy with the results and ease of products. 

Edit: Fixed picture orientation.

post-16468-0-63935400-1508386647_thumb.jpg

Edited by Asti113

My husband came to me the other day and asked if I could look at his daily driver a 2013 Chevy Avalanche Black Diamond edition, as there was a small scratch that happened at his office building.  I ran my nail over the scratch and it did slightly catch, so told him it would be tough yet would try.  Then after getting it in the shop, saw all the swirls/minor scratches in it, as he regrettably takes it to a car wash (they have a monthly program where he pays like $30 and can go once a day if wanted...plus free vacuums).  Attached are the picture of the scratch and the after.  As well, one glimpse of the rear passenger door to show the swirl/scratches from the car wash.  Truck had just been washed, so before doing a panel am wiping down with waterless wash and then claying.  Then I used the swirl killer with the microfiber cutting pad and the heavy correcting compound (blue).  The after photos are just that, they have not had the paint correcting (orange), finishing polish (white), or LPS (grey) steps.  Just working on a couple panels each evening.  Should be completed this weekend.  Feels really satisfying to get it looking so nice and having a mirror like finish again.

post-13904-0-98508200-1508394815_thumb.pngpost-13904-0-00429900-1508394845_thumb.pngpost-13904-0-73751400-1508394890_thumb.pngpost-13904-0-42496400-1508394922_thumb.png

Wow Lanore, looking Great, keep up the good work!

My husband came to me the other day and asked if I could look at his daily driver a 2013 Chevy Avalanche Black Diamond edition, as there was a small scratch that happened at his office building.  I ran my nail over the scratch and it did slightly catch, so told him it would be tough yet would try.  Then after getting it in the shop, saw all the swirls/minor scratches in it, as he regrettably takes it to a car wash (they have a monthly program where he pays like $30 and can go once a day if wanted...plus free vacuums).  Attached are the picture of the scratch and the after.  As well, one glimpse of the rear passenger door to show the swirl/scratches from the car wash.  Truck had just been washed, so before doing a panel am wiping down with waterless wash and then claying.  Then I used the swirl killer with the microfiber cutting pad and the heavy correcting compound (blue).  The after photos are just that, they have not had the paint correcting (orange), finishing polish (white), or LPS (grey) steps.  Just working on a couple panels each evening.  Should be completed this weekend.  Feels really satisfying to get it looking so nice and having a mirror like finish again.

attachicon.gifAvalanche scratch.pngattachicon.gifAvalanche scratch after.pngattachicon.gifAvalanche passenger door.pngattachicon.gifAvalanche passenger after.png

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:45 AM, Liralen said:

That looks great and by all means if you want to miracle yourself out here and help me with my fleet, that'd be awesome :lol:

15 hours ago, GiggleMon said:

That looks great and by all means if you want to miracle yourself out here and help me with my fleet, that'd be awesome :lol:

If you look at my list...have my own fleet to maintain that keep s me plenty busy, especially when the Hubby takes his through a car wash (and not even a brushless!)

1 hour ago, TexWalker said:

The problem with doing this kind of thing to your car is that you realize how bad you need a repaint. Couldn’t even see the rock chips before I really cleaned everythi

Colorado roads chew into your front bumper, so I know the feeling of wanting to get the car repainted.

Looks good though. 

The fall weather has finally arrived, so I finally applied Paint Sealant to my wife's Accord  we purchased over Memorial Day.  Since is has been so hot I have only be doing Rinseless washes, and using H2O G&G once a month. 

Today I stared by spraying the engine compartment with diluted Rinseless Wash (at wash strength, using a pump-up 1/2 gallon sprayer,) and wiped it down with a work MF, then treated the plastics with VRT milk (1/2 VRT 1/2 water).  Then cleaned the door jams and trunk surround, and used some spray wax on the jams.  Washed the wheels , including using the Wheel Woolies to clean the barrels.  Then a Strip Wash, and a wipe down with DS.  I decided to try Adam's suggestion to throw down Brilliant Glaze BEFORE applying Paint Sealant.  The BG really made the metal flake in the charcoal paint pop,  I would say I am testing if putting BG under PS will affect the longevity, but I know will still add H2O G&G every month or so.  Wrapped it up using my Rupes 15 MkII to apply the PS, and was very pleased how it looked.  The car never sat on a dealers lot, so it was delivered without the DIS option!  

IMAG1047_Fotor.thumb.jpg.852d9d147741ba8a75d4c6143eac8c71.jpg

Edited by mc2hill
Added photo

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:14 AM, 8675309'SS said:

You've got room for one more!  ;) Time to add the 2018 Hot Wheels edition Camaro, Lenore! 

Actually, we have already discussed and contacted our dealership that we order from..  More than likely though we will be trading the 2014 Z51 Stingray Corvette for it.  Would love it more if they made it in a ZL1/1LE, so we could add it to our fleet, but they are only doing the COPO...and while I would love it, my husband not so much, as well the price point is not in my budget right now.  Instead we will get a convertible, manual, 2SS, with all options but the upgraded brake package (as we can buy and install way more cost effective than the GM package price).  So you were not far off from mentioning ;)

• 4 weeks later...

We got the 1912 American race car ready for tomorrows Festivals of Speed at the Ritz Carlton in Orlando.  The owner has been keeping the brass and copper maintained, so I only had to do a Rinseless Wash (bucket of towels method), apply Brilliant Glaze, and top with Americana.  

IMAG0464_Fotor.thumb.jpg.e8bf5e9c0c8e8afc87f4a564cfeaa19e.jpg