Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

well feel kinda silly posting this but a neighbor wanted me to detail his corolla today. certainly not the fanciest but it turned out great. 

wash,BG,and HGG + full interior. then tire shine, vrt, in/out spray etc.

cluody day so pics didn’t turn out the best but certainly has that Adams shine ?

FE97E2AF-E1DB-40E4-9551-978CD28EF1D0.jpeg

15325128-7120-49DC-9769-48B44CFFE25D.jpeg

A20601BE-8185-44F1-814E-E16267AE2F65.jpeg

A619F529-2DD9-4F68-A45A-282C311E058C.jpeg

654EFF2D-D68B-4095-9AB3-F79D890F7447.jpeg

Edited by ColoradoSHObro

On 6/24/2018 at 1:19 PM, Wy_detailing said:

Spent 4 hours cleaning the underneath side, wheels and tires of this 2016 2500! Chevy, why did you use carpeted fenderwells that hold endless amounts of dirt!?!

It is actually a synthetic felt that is used for noise reduction.

Today was another day for learning the Adam's products.  I received multiple items on Friday, including H20 Guard & Gloss which was recommended by several members for use on my truck.   I decided to do my wife's car, which is 5 years old, before doing my truck, since she is so supportive of my efforts.  I have to say, I'm a bit amazed on what it did and how well it worked.  I followed the instructions on the video and it did what it said, the wife's happy and I am no longer hesitant about using it on my truck.

I did have one challenge, the humidity was running around 95% when I started and between the wash getting the H20 Guard & Gloss completed, the sun hit part of the car and I ended up with water spots on the chrome around the drives side windows.  I did not notice it while it was still outside, but once it was inside under the LED lights it was visible.  In order to get the water spots off, I took the gray towel that I had used earlier and rinsed in hot water and went over the chrome a couples of times.  This seemed to dull the chrome , so I hit it again with the GG and then it came out spotless and shiny.  

Being my first usage of GG, I am glad that is if forgiving when you make a mistake.  I'm still not sure what my mistake was or it could have been a combination of humidity, sun, old man getting slow, etc., but what is important is that I was able to correct it.  Now, I get to relax until this evening when it cools down to do the  interior.

Car July 2018.jpg

4 hours ago, 2012srt8 said:

owed my dad a couple fathers day gifts where I promised to get his truck cleaned so I took the week off of work to get it done for him

wash,clay,1 step polish,ceramic coat(older 7h coating) ceramic boost then ceramic wax.sealed the windows,cleaned the interior

20180630_131926.jpg

20180630_131819.jpg

20180630_131844.jpg

20180630_131826.jpg

Nice work Ryan.  I love the way metallic paint pops when it's done right.  

I'm in debt to my Mom for a similar Mother's Day present, minus the CC.  Just too darn hot this weekend to pay up.  

12 minutes ago, ZMAN024 said:

Nice work Ryan.  I love the way metallic paint pops when it's done right.  

I'm in debt to my Mom for a similar Mother's Day present, minus the CC.  Just too darn hot this weekend to pay up.  

it was 90 when I did it lol. 89 in my garage at one point. rained at the beginning of the week and the weekend is 100f right now so Thursday friday it had to be done!!

Did not washed  it today but a few days ago. Took jeep door to polish and buff swirls and light scratches. Daughter helped with photo set up pose for Adam's products. I still have it with out doors it got hot here in California 104*F. Used all Adam's product. 

20180630_141355.jpg

20180630_141307.jpg

20180630_141158.jpg

Edited by Speedracerx

I got to use two  new - at least to me - Adam's products today and both impressed me.  The Glass Sealant was received on Tuesday and went on the wife's car and my truck this morning.   Of course  I had to try the water test when I had 1/2 of it done and it worked just like the video shows.    Now the windows should stay nice and clear with Brilliant Glaze on the inside and Glass Sealant on the outside. 

The Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner was also in the Tuesday order and it removed what I thought was a permanent stain on the passenger seat.    I admit that I had not tried very hard to get the mark out of the seat, but I know it has been there for at least 3 years, so I'm happy and more importantly the wife is happy.  

Gave my mother's car some lovin' the other weekend....It was much needed. Every time I washed the car I felt all the "grit" underneath my wash mitt even though the paint "looked" clean. It has never been clayed in it's 130,000 miles of driving and it has certainly never been polished before. 

I did all the normal wheel well cleaning, tire scrubbing, wheel face/barrel cleaning first and then I got to the good stuff....

I gave it a nice "strip wash" using another brand's soap that is PH rated at 11 which helps pull any old sealant/wax off the vehicle. I then clayed it with a visco clay bar and my homemade detail spray. The amount of gunk that was on the roof was incredible....

After that I rinsed it down, dried it off and applied VRT to all the plastic trims as to not stain it from any polish/wax. I then wiped the paint down with a "paint prep" otherwise known as wax & grease remover so my polishing pads performance was not affected from anything still on the paint. 

I used Adams 21mm SK with their orange pads and another company's compound for a one step polish. I topped it all of with some BW to really make the red POP. It's some nice factory paint that hasn't shined this well since it was new. Overall I worked for about 6-7 hours on it including a quick interior detail (no pictures of that, though). Tires were done with VRT by the way...

There were some more serious defects that I could've gone after with a microfiber cutting pad and some more aggressive compound, but this is a daily driver with 130,000 miles on it so I would say this is perfect for her. 

jv8SoTR.jpg

wBGnn5J.jpg

h3tWxG9.jpg

C4KYudq.jpg

kTFtrJx.jpg

Edited by cwp2016nd

Returned from vacation in KY and TN  late last night.  Look! I brought back souvenirs for everyone! ? 

I love the IK Foam sprayer.  It’s awesome for soaking those little buggers off the bumper! And fantastic for the wheels too. I Just got done claying.  Once it gets cooler this evening I’ll try out the ceramic paste wax.  

E681510A-7A97-4DAA-BE33-83790ED99D76.jpeg

3907A034-0E58-4ACB-846C-C5BA0D25F268.jpeg

ED39B6AB-8F15-4450-9AD1-1598EBD18B9E.jpeg

In preparation for an activity on Saturday, I started very early this morning preparing the truck, let's just say there was light when I started.  After I hit the tires with Tire & Rubber Cleaner, the wheels with Eco Wheel Cleaner and the tire wells with Under Carriage Spray,  I started with a Strip Wash and was prepared to do a Claybar, but after inspection it didn't need it.  It had only been ~3 months since the last clay and the truck had been well protected and had less than 300 miles put on it.  If you are wondering why I went with a strip wash, I wanted to improve the base and it was an opportunity put to practice everything I was learning from reading, viewing video's and forum member feedback.

Step #1: I made sure it was spotless and I put it in the garage

Step #2: VRT or 303 all the trim.  Note: VRT works wonders on the Aeroskin II bug guard, air dam and a few other places.  303 is used on the tonneau cover and window trim.

Step #3: I did one panel at a time with Brilliant Glaze - checked the truck twice for any missed spots

Step #4: one panel at a time with Paint Sealant - repeat checking pattern

Break - Lunch: Fried egg sandwich, the daughters dog was happy, she got scrambled eggs

Step #5: check for misses again (none) - put Buttery Wax on the entire truck

Step #6: Removed Buttery Wax from the entire truck

Break - After break - checked the entire truck for white spots, misses, etc.. Found a few white spots, easily taken care of

Step #7: One panel at a time with Ceramic Boost and then the rims last

Step #8: Windows

Step #9: pulled it into the drive and took this picture

I have one place that I am not happy about with the results and am hoping someone can assist.  The running boards are Westin HDX's and are black steel.  The step pads clean up nicely, but I cannot seem to manage to get any luster into the running boards themselves.  Any suggestions?

As always, I appreciate feedback on ways to improve the outcome in the future.    

July Strip & Redo.jpg

Edited by RayS

On 7/18/2018 at 3:56 PM, 8675309'SS said:

Returned from vacation in KY and TN  late last night.  Look! I brought back souvenirs for everyone! ? 

I love the IK Foam sprayer.  It’s awesome for soaking those little buggers off the bumper! And fantastic for the wheels too. I Just got done claying.  Once it gets cooler this evening I’ll try out the ceramic paste wax.  

What Adams product and dilution did you use? I haven't pulled the trigger on buying a sprayer yet.