Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

It was a bit cool out this morning so I decided to use Waterless Wash and try and out the Spray Wax on the wife's Malibu since I was staying in the garage.  The garage was 55 degrees when I started and I brought it to 60 to make it a bit more comfortable for working.   By the time I was done with WW, it was 60 in the garage and then I started with the Spray Wax.  I used two separate Borderless Grey towels, one for putting the wax on and another for taking it off and given that the car is rather small, excluding the hood and roof, I did two panels at a time.  

The Spray Wax went on and came off very easily and when I was done with the entire car I went it over it with a double soft and the car felt slick.  I put the car outside so I could get started on putting new lights in the truck and that was when I noticed the shine and must say I'm rather impressed.   The ease of use, good smell and end result, with the most important thing being that the wife is happy has this product as a keeper for when I want to do a wash and wax inside the garage.

The car was purchased in the fall of 2012 (2013 model) and has over 88,000 miles on it.  Like most of the country, it is overcast out and will be a couple of days before we see the sun again, so I think the reflection is encouraging as to how it will look in full natural light.

Malibu Spray Wax.jpeg

Teaching my nephew some stuff. He bought a Adams Swirl killer. I was impressed with it too. He’s new to polishing and detailing in general. But he became obsessed with it pretty quick. Here is a section he polished. 

The paint is beyond trashed. He used another brand pad and polish to cut. Finished with Adams finishing polish on another brands pad as well.

A6019B71-4958-4165-9459-5304237A695F.jpeg

310F59DA-A3F6-42AB-99C3-E848015DF1F7.jpeg

Teaser Picture:  The body is done as long as you ignore the gaping hole where the headlight belongs.  The new headlights arrived a few days ago and the plan was to get the new headlights installed and then finalize the shine.  Unfortunately, the headlights are the right model number, but they do not line up to be bolted in.  I am not naming the manufacturer for the lights because I have used them before and they were always correct for fitment.   It will sit in the garage until the replacements get here on Monday or Tuesday.  

I will update the 20 year old Mustang challenge thread later this evening with additional pictures and details of how I applied the CW + CB 2.0 + BG.   The only question now is whether or not my daughter gets it back.  I had it for the first 10 years, sh'es had it for the last 10+, so doesn't that mean it is my turn again?

IMG_0285.jpeg

Edited by RayS

20 minutes ago, RayS said:

Teaser Picture:  The body is done as long as you ignore the gaping hole where the headlight belongs.  The new headlights arrived a few days ago and the plan was to get the new headlights installed and then finalize the shine.  Unfortunately, the headlights are the right model number, but they do not line up to be bolted in.  I am not naming the manufacturer for the lights because I have used them before and they were always correct for fitment.   It will sit in the garage until the replacements get here on Monday or Tuesday.  

I will update the 20 year old Mustang challenge thread later this evening with additional pictures and details of how I applied the CW + CB 2.0 + BG.   The only question now is whether or not my daughter gets it back.  I had it for the first 10 years, sh'es had it for the last 10+, so doesn't that mean it is my turn again?

IMG_0285.jpeg

That looks great, Ray! Not all is lost, though...you now have a new name for her...Pirate Red! 🏴☠️🦜🤣

6.5” of the cursed white stuff yesterday. The only positive yesterday was that after two decades plus of 6 day work weeks I now get both weekend days off. My 10 year old twins and I cleared our driveway and sidewalks then went next door and helped the neighbor clean hers. After that they played in the snow for a couple of hours. When I brought them in I made them hot cocoa and PBJs for lunch.

My SS is manky but with rain and snow in the forecast it’s going to stay that way until we get a forecast of a few nice days in a row. Still, as dirty as it is, my ride is usually the “cleanest” wherever I go.

FA908DB8-2BFB-4B51-991D-1861BFBC5E22.jpeg

This wasn’t today, but I thought it was pretty awesome so wanted to post.

I got home from work the other morning to find my wifes car covered in snow but still shining from the new GnG that was applied 2 weeks prior to the snow.  It had also been driven once in rainy conditions.  I’m loving the new GnG!

Stay Warm everyone!

8B1691D7-1EC1-49B4-9584-541C4294FDA4.jpeg

We avoided what was supposed to be many inches of snow around here last night but tonight temps drop significantly and stay below freezing for quite a while so I figured while it was still above freezing, barely, let me get one last wash in.  

Foamed and Washed with the Black Friday Gingerbread Ultra Foam and dried with the remaining Black Friday Cinnamon Detail Spray I had left.  

A9A8688E-5DD6-4ACC-9DE4-E8520432EA2C.jpeg

Edited by Parad0x

2 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

This wasn’t today, but I thought it was pretty awesome so wanted to post.

I got home from work the other morning to find my wifes car covered in snow but still shining from the new GnG that was applied 2 weeks prior to the snow.  It had also been driven once in rainy conditions.  I’m loving the new GnG!

Stay Warm everyone!

8B1691D7-1EC1-49B4-9584-541C4294FDA4.jpeg

Looks great stay warm 

On 1/20/2019 at 8:13 AM, Captain Slow said:

6.5” of the cursed white stuff yesterday. The only positive yesterday was that after two decades plus of 6 day work weeks I now get both weekend days off. My 10 year old twins and I cleared our driveway and sidewalks then went next door and helped the neighbor clean hers. After that they played in the snow for a couple of hours. When I brought them in I made them hot cocoa and PBJs for lunch.

Congrats on the 'shift change' Paul!  Extra time with twins...maybe a double edge sword :D

I owed a friend a favor after he wired in some outlets in my garage and so he asked if I'd help clean his truck up before he posted it for sale. By no means did I get to detail it like I wanted, but it sure does look a lot better! He said he would have never thought to clean under the hood and I explained how much of a selling point to me and plenty of others a clean engine bay is!

,.gugj.jpg

hrrhrj.jpg

,,.yytd.jpg

hrjrdjh.jpg

9 hours ago, Devon527 said:

I owed a friend a favor after he wired in some outlets in my garage and so he asked if I'd help clean his truck up before he posted it for sale. By no means did I get to detail it like I wanted, but it sure does look a lot better! He said he would have never thought to clean under the hood and I explained how much of a selling point to me and plenty of others a clean engine bay is!

,.gugj.jpg

hrrhrj.jpg

,,.yytd.jpg

hrjrdjh.jpg

If I'm looking to buy a used vehicle and they claim it to be well maintained, I open the hood and it's dirty....not well maintained. How can you ever see if you have a fluid leak or issue if it's always dirty under there?!?! As a full time dealer tech I appreciate a clean engine bay. Nice work!

1 hour ago, blcksilv08 said:

If I'm looking to buy a used vehicle and they claim it to be well maintained, I open the hood and it's dirty....not well maintained. How can you ever see if you have a fluid leak or issue if it's always dirty under there?!?! As a full time dealer tech I appreciate a clean engine bay. Nice work!

Thank you! Engine bay cleaning has quickly become my favorite thing lately. But exactly I can’t agree more with you on all that. Especially since I do all my own wrenching, I’d prefer to work in a clean area if I can help it lol. 

Friend/Customer is selling his car & had a set of drag radials/rims that he left in his trailer...they were a little messed up...he is not in a hurry so am doing them in between other things...started out by rinseless washing, then polished.  He also said not to do the drums...but don't think I can stand to let them go out of the shop looking like that (will take pic of the drum tomorrow).  Plus need to get new polishing tool accessories for my dremel (was out) for in between the spokes as it takes too much time getting in those spaces by hand...which of course just had my nails done but had gloves that match 😜💅🧤   Tomorrow will work on the rears....

IMG_20190129_205112_881.jpg

20190129_224042.jpg

20190129_205603.jpg

20190131_002724.jpg

Edited by Liralen

34 minutes ago, Liralen said:

Friend/Customer is selling his car & had a set of drag radials/rims that he left in his trailer...they were a little messed up...he is not in a hurry so am doing them in between other things...started out by rinseless washing, then polished.  He also said not to do the drums...but don't think I can stand to let them go out of the shop looking like that (will take pic of the drum tomorrow).  Plus need to get new polishing tool accessories for my dremel (was out) for in between the spokes as it takes too much time getting in those spaces by hand...which of course just had my nails done but had gloves that match 😜💅🧤   Tomorrow will work on the rears....

IMG_20190129_205112_881.jpg

20190129_224042.jpg

20190129_205603.jpg

20190131_002724.jpg

You Madame are bad ***! By any chance do you have a sister😳🤪

Clean Engines are Happy Engines.

It wasn't today, but on January 23rd I did a quick wash on this one in preps for a funeral of a firefighter on a neighboring fire department.  Fortunately it was inside with outside temps in the low 20's.   Two members spent 6 plus hours on it back in July to get it parade ready.  That helped a lot! 

Clean Truck Happy Truck.jpg

On 1/31/2019 at 2:25 AM, Liralen said:

Can I ask what tool you used with your Dremel? 

I took the SS from manky to sparkly using Adam’s Wash & Wax. I first rinsed then foamed the entire ride before setting out cleaning the wheels and tires first. The wheels and calipers are coated so the Wash & Wax is enough to get them clean. I rinsed them off then applied a competitors spray n rinse “coating” on them.  Next up was a rinse then refoam using my jumbo iK sprayer. I then washed the SS using the many wash mitts in one bucket method. I rinsed then dried using no LSP as the water is beading very well. I then went out in the sun for photos and to allow me to squeegee the garage floor of salt, road grunge and wash residue.

BTW: I love the way foam acts on a coated surface.

Tomorrow the wife’s Beast gets its turn in my AutoSpa. Her vehicle is just plain filthy.

7809232C-B2E8-4613-BC01-71B388014BA4.jpeg

BA5BAB5E-5B88-40C3-A3DA-58C24EE814EC.jpeg

B0DF3624-671B-46FB-A5EC-864939511ABD.jpeg

C9489C05-D8F8-4564-8A17-F58EF0A29061.jpeg

B66CEF6E-B730-4649-A232-B28C5D8095B2.jpeg

321A37DC-9DA1-450C-8EED-3E9B459E55DE.jpeg

D0B3FA50-EEE3-4D73-B0CB-6784A57F193F.jpeg

Edited by Captain Slow
Added pics

9 minutes ago, Captain Slow said:

I took the SS from manky to sparkly using Adam’s Wash & Wax. I first rinsed then foamed the entire ride before setting out cleaning the wheels and tires first. The wheels and calipers are coated so the Wash & Wax is enough to get them clean. I rinsed them off then applied a competitors spray n rinse “coating” on them.  Next up was a rinse then refoam using my jumbo iK sprayer. I then washed the SS using the many wash mitts in one bucket method. I rinsed then dried using no LSP as the water is beading very well. I then went out in the sun for photos and to allow me to squeegee the garage floor of salt, road grunge and wash residue.

Tomorrow the wife’s Beast gets its turn in my AutoSpa. Her vehicle is just plain filthy.

7809232C-B2E8-4613-BC01-71B388014BA4.jpeg

BA5BAB5E-5B88-40C3-A3DA-58C24EE814EC.jpeg

0D043AB1-CE5E-4DA7-91AF-42178332FF39.jpeg

5495DB48-3BA0-4C66-954D-3EFADD027AB4.jpeg

8E719C12-06A3-4E70-A04A-4E1AED1F93EB.jpeg

603926EB-B47D-48CB-BCE2-8722C62459F4.jpeg

Nice! Do you wash the vehicles in your garage..how does that set up work...do you have heated water?

I have a heated & insulated garage plus I use a portable pressure washer to rinse off the vehicle. It holds just over three gallons and I fill the sprayer with warm water from the tap. Usually can do my SS using 6 gallons through the sprayer and three in the wash bucket. The wife’s Beast (Durango R/T) takes a couple more gallons. It beats breaking out the hose especially in colder weather.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:41 AM, vollychief said:

Can I ask what tool you used with your Dremel? 

For the dremel used the polishing tool that looks like a cone for any scratched parts on the inside of the spokes & a wheel shaped pad to get between the bolt heads. For just polishing in between used a drill & the mothers cone (it is larger)...went in from the backside with it, I also have some Ryobi cloth polishing attachments that work. Mostly used my drill attachments otherwise my polishing pads on my 12mm SK would have been torn up.  Owner is not in a rush so am finishing up the larger tires Sunday morning. Will try to remember to take a picture of all the different attachments. 

Edited by Liralen