Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

Spent the last two days cleaning this beast.  This one seems to take forever, and is my least favorite due to time consumed.

Hey if I was closer I'd come lend a hand.  

Of course my definition of lending a hand means my butt in a lawn chair and a beer in my hand... :jester:

J/K! I feel your pain!  Doing the booboo van takes as long or longer than my old F150 did.

Looks great Chris!   :thumbsup:

Edited by Captain Slow

I spent some time with a co-workers car that had a parking lot scrape.

Aug302014101_zpsf9514a47.jpg

I clayed the area first.  Then used a 4" orange Focus pad and PCP on a PC.  This after 3 passes over the area. 

Aug302014110_zps68cadf8e.jpg

I could not do anything for the large gouge, but we may try some touchup paint down the road.

Mike! Looks 10x better! Touch up paint would hide it, but it would be the 15 ft rule (Looks great from 15 ft, but up close you'll see it). I've unfortunately been hit twice like that and shops here usually charge 250-350 just to repaint the whole bumper.  Just an option for them if they're crazy about stuff like that like most of us here!

Looks good Mike.  I don't think it would be much price wise to have a body shop do a repaint on a bumper only.  

Mike! Looks 10x better! Touch up paint would hide it, but it would be the 15 ft rule (Looks great from 15 ft, but up close you'll see it). I've unfortunately been hit twice like that and shops here usually charge 250-350 just to repaint the whole bumper.  Just an option for them if they're crazy about stuff like that like most of us here!

Thanks fellas.  A repaint would be best, but not sure he wants to spend that much.  If I talk him into Dr. Colorchip it would be good learning for me!  

BTW, he usually takes the car to BayWash - yes it is what you think it is - down to the red one piece bathing suits!

Thanks fellas.  A repaint would be best, but not sure he wants to spend that much.  If I talk him into Dr. Colorchip it would be good learning for me!  

BTW, he usually takes the car to BayWash - yes it is what you think it is - down to the red one piece bathing suits!

Although the sights might be great, I can only imagine the same towels and wash mits that get dragged around each car, every day.. Like nails on a chalk board!

Got a C5 here at the shop two days ago. It's a 2000 that has seen some better days! Did a full exterior & interior detail!  

Before:

IMG_9858_zpsfdee2b43.jpeg

50/50:

IMG_2197_zpsbfeb5d48.jpeg

While I wanted a TON more pictures to show the after of this car.. There is a slight problem. When I put the key in the ignition, there was a steering column error message, which was accompanied by a 2mph fuel shut off. SO, I can't take the car out of the garage for some good pictures... -_-  Thankfully, I have a 60th anniversary C6 that I get to detail this weekend as well.. Will have PLENTY of pictures of that guy

After pictures..:

IMG_7829_zps09302cb1.jpeg

IMG_3102_zpsb23986ec.jpeg

IMG_2228_zps47d40d5c.jpeg

IMG_2242_zps5066ecaa.jpeg

I washed and waxed the wife's booboo van last night along with putting the shiny crap on the tires. This weekend it will get washed, clayed and two coats of Quik Sealant for winter preparation. All three vehicles got the glass cleaned and sealed in the last couple of weeks.

I was supposed to do it (the van) on Sunday but went fishing instead...yeah that didn't go over too well. On the plus side I got two largemouth bass and two big ol' bull frogs while top water fishing the weed flats. Luckily for the frogs the season is in June, so they got tossed back with the bass.

^ I knew what was coming. i just thought when she said "do whatever you want" she meant it...but us married guys know that meant the OPPOSITE, but I still went.   :banana:

As to the OP: Tonight my wife and I put the finishing bits to a week long detail on her 2007 TBSS. We sold it to a co-worker of mine. I had to drive it to deliver it what with all her tears. She followed later in the booboo van with the title and paperwork. It has gone to a good home and we got our asking price for it so happiness all around.

Yesterday the G8 got a Rinseless Wash then drivers side got clayed. I would have done more but DATE NIGHT! ;)

This afternoon the rest of the vehicle got clayed using Adam's Detail Spray and clay of course. I then did a quick polish using MF polish pad and Megs polish. Next I wiped it down with IPA in preparation for tonight's two coats of Quik Sealant.

BTW: My garage smells heavenly!

• 3 weeks later...

Washed the G8 before going to the office using Adam's Car Shampoo. The tires got SVRT milk. A week of driving in the rain had it looking rather manky. Booboo van gets some love tomorrow afternoon.

For the new forum members: SVRT milk is 1/2 SVRT + 1/2 deionized water in a spray bottle. Try it, you'll love it.

Edited by Captain Slow

Just washed it.  I couldn't stand how dirty it was and this is really my only safe option considering I have no access to a hose while at college.  I suppose I could get  a bucket and 2 gallons of distilled water and do a rinseless though.  Between the probably pretty harsh pre-treatment, high pressure soap, and high pressure rinse, it actually came clean with no touching at all.  I used something similar to DWC for the wheels.

IMAG0138_zps781a0794.jpg

Rinsed the G8 at the spray it yourself (f***** birds) then drove home where it got an Adam's Rinseless Wash. Went in the house, opened the refrigerator and grabbed the Americana. So the G8 got a layer of Adam's Americana and is now happy in the garage. Oh yeah, tires and trim got SVRT milk.  

Getting very low on Americana and SVRT. Come on Holiday sales! :banana:

Six weeks after wanting to prep the Boo boo van for winter it finally got done. Today it got washed with 2 oz. Adams Car Shampoo plus 4 oz. All Purpose Cleaner. I used my foam gun with same mixture to presoak the vehicle then went to town. Amazingly the finish was still beading like mad afterwards. After drying the big silver beast I pulled it into the garage and clayed the vehicle using Adam's Clay Bar and Adam's Detail Spray. I broke for lunch (salad and coffee with Mom who happened to stop by.) I then sealed the paint with two layers of Adam's Quik Sealant. SVRT milk on the tires and Quik Sealant on the other plastics.