Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

Wasn't today, but I polished our new stainless steel fridge.  It was a floor model with minor scuffs but we got a heck of a deal on it.  Now the wife says I need to do the stainless on the dishwasher too.  Oh and the scuffs are gone.

Edited by Antv20

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hosed off the G8 GT at the diy spray place then drove home dodging puddles. Once home I rinseless washed the vehicle then took it to the company Christmas party. Quik Sealant is holding up great. Three rinseless washes and one two bucket wash and paint is still beautiful.

D4A6BA8A-BC4B-48F2-8B9F-74FC4E27739F_zps

Edited by Captain Slow

Just washing today, but quantity and serious quality.  My buddy called and asked me to help him to clean a few cars at the Festivals of Speed here in Orlando today.  We did 12 Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, and Porsche's, and even an Audi i8!  Some very, very sweet rides.  I home left without my camera, but will steal some of his photos when he gets them up.

Washed the wife's car and my truck (2 bucket method).  Used one bucket of Rinseless wash for both.  I usually replace the rinse water before the 2nd car, but it was not very dirty, so I kept going.  After finishing my truck. I did the rear wheels of both (rear drums), then the front wheels of both, then all the tires.  Total work time - about 40 minutes!

• 1 month later...

DaytonaJae and I did a decon detail for a co-worker.  They painted a water tower by our work a few months ago, and he recently noticed overspray on his new charcoal grey BMW 335 M Sport.  The paint spots were a bear to remove, and required some very aggressive clay, but after about an hour and a half the paint spots were gone.  That left lots of marring, but otherwise the paint only had a few swirls.  We polished the car, then applied LPS and QS to the wheels.  

My co-worker and Jae removed the LPS while I a quick polish of his girlfriends Jeep's headlights.  Needless to say he was blown away by how the car looked in the sun.

Sorry no pictures on this one   

Aggghhh - the yellow 'snow' is here!  Our oak tree pollen is out in full force this week.  

We did a road trip to visit our son at college and returned yesterday.  Today I did a interior detail, a regular wheel cleaning, and a rinseless wash.  The car looks much better inside and out, and I applied Tire Shine to top it off.  I LOVE Rinseless wash!

• 1 month later...

I did a show prep on a clients 1912 race car.  I will do a short write up with a few pics this evening...he is super stoked about the event we will be attending!

I did a show prep on a clients 1912 race car.  I will do a short write up with a few pics this evening...he is super stoked about the event we will be attending!

nice! About to do a rinseless wash on the vette

I posted this on FB but I picked up some Clear Polish on one of my orders during the 15th anniversary sale.  I have x-pel on my headlights and gave the polish a quick test run after finishing up the brake job on my 99 Grand Prix.  I applied it by hand with a foam applicator as I was to tired to get the DA.  I got pretty good results even by hand.   .

A quick 50/50.

post-11565-0-70716800-1426312298_thumb.jpg

Washed the wife's car and my truck (2 bucket method).  It had been a while since I fully cleaned the wheels, so I cleaned them first.  I used  pre-mixed Car Wash Shampoo in the wheel wells and for the wheel covers on the car.  I scrubbed the barrels of the truck wheels with diluted GWC.  For the wash I used one bucket  of Rinseless wash (1 oz in 2.5 gallons) for both.  I did replace the rinse water before the 2nd vehicle.  After I was done I realized I forgot how nice my truck looks when it is clean!

Washed my DD. Hooked up the bumper and passenger side rear door and quarter using the Cyclo. Massive improvement. Need to do the driver side some time this week. That will pretty much take care of the entire car as far as what has been corrected. It has been a work in progress.

Washed the corvette and the volt (yesterday). It was very hot and I ended up getting water spots on the paint though. Kind of annoying. More reason to use rinseless wash in my garage (I gotta be honest that I enjoy 2 bucket wash more though)

any suggestions on how to remove water spots after the fact?

Didn't take pictures right after, but we did go to a car & coffee meet with wife and met up with other corvette forum members. A photographer came and wanted to take some pictures of our cars. It was a fun day.

16639392388_1db05a3938_b.jpg

16648729249_bb920411b7_b.jpg

Washed the CC for the first time in about 3 months yesterday. It looked pretty sad in the driveway covered in stuff from the last time I drove it in December. Really I just wanted an excuse to use the new car shampoo :P

Deep wheel cleaner put in some work

TLqV8mTl.jpg

FjXs8jul.jpg

4yTNhCll.jpg

Quick once over on the engine bay

gukHhEBl.jpg

2oo7arIl.jpg

All finished:

P5zj6ztl.jpg

nbABY0Cl.jpg

Then went and did some sanding on the shift knob badge on my GTI. Remove the old paint, sanded from 400 out to 2000 wet and then hit it with Adam's Paint Correcting Polish by hand. Applied new backings and will paint them to match the car later this week.

omZ5z9pl.jpg

MCsuVWZl.jpg

Also got the new wheel in the car and started loading it with leather conditioner. Been conditioning it every couple days to soften it up a bit  and seems to be helping get rid of some of the wrinkles in the leather.

XuaE9j2l.jpg

Edited by TheBurninator

• 2 weeks later...

Waterless Washed the G8 then clay barred it. I used 2 oz. Rinseless Wash in 32 oz. Kwazar spray bottle and had at it. IMHO it worked great! Paint felt like a gravel driveway before. Now it's smooth as glass. Put a coat of 'wax' on it, though I may break out the polisher tomorrow...hmmmmm. Problem is the interior needs attention even more so. 

I'd like to polish the paint but I want to do best possible correction which will take more time than I have to spend. May just do hood and front quarter panels then sections the following weeks as time allows. 

I was sad to take the Quik Sealant off since it was still beading strong but like I said the paint before, yuckies! The paint now, yummy!

Edited by Captain Slow

Corrected my brothers car this weekend.  The body shop made a mess out of it last year when he had this aftermarket hood painted.  I suspect that they took a rotary to the car.  Their is still some deep sanding marks on the hood that I was not able to get out. 

A before shot. 

post-11565-0-55505100-1427701770_thumb.jpg

After

post-11565-0-47461600-1427701795_thumb.jpg

A couple 50/50's

post-11565-0-43647300-1427701810_thumb.jpg

post-11565-0-51866300-1427701825_thumb.jpg

The end result.  All sealed and ready to go.

post-11565-0-17971800-1427701838_thumb.jpg

post-11565-0-31206600-1427701868_thumb.jpg

post-11565-0-37439000-1427701890_thumb.jpg

Finally warm enough to wash outside yesterday.

Starting with the hood. Clayed. Then tried my Liquid Paint Sealant, glazed and waxed with Americana.

Also tried the VRT on the tires for the first time.

A0C67737-2F3A-4BAD-B421-DF916D864BBA_zps

Edited by FrozenWS6