Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

A two bucket wash of the Dart ended up taking half of the day. Why? Because I tried two different over the counter wheel protector/brake dust blocking products. Kept the wheels cleanish but they have no gloss to the finish, though the barrels are very clean. To remove those products I used 50/50 IPA, then straight alcohol then mineral spirits. Still some residue so out came the clay followed by SHR on an old black Adam's utility microfiber.

Ta da! Clean wheels.  Two coats of Quick Sealant later and I'm a happy camper again.  :banana:

I'll still use those products but only inside the wheel barrels where it matters not to me about the absence of gloss. I wouldn't recommend them either. Now, any one use Liquid Paint Sealant on their wheels and if so how is longevity??

• 2 weeks later...

New Adams Customer (~2 months) and finally had the chance to wax my 2011 Black LR4.

• Wash
  • Clay
  • Revive Hand Polish
  • H2O GG
  • Buttery Wax

All I can say is WOW.  It is super shiny.  The paint needs to be machine polished but the hand polish definitely made an improvement.  My  question now is how often would you clay, apply the H20 GG, the Revive Hand Polish and the Buttery Wax?

My plan is:

1. Clay every 6 months
  2. H2O GG every other wash (every 2 weeks or so)
  3. Revive Hand Polish and Butter Wax every 6-8 weeks

I think once I run out of these products I'll step up to some more protective LSPs.  I'll probably try to machine polish in the fall or winter when it is not so hot outside!  Suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance.

I did a Rinseless wash on my wife's Accord, then finally reconditioned the headlights.  

I tried polishing them first, but found they needed sanding.  I put the 1000, 1500, and 2000 grit papers in a small bucket, and hit the lights with 600 grit dry.  I washed the car, then taped around the lights, and started with the wet sanding.  Again, I will warn you about the LED lights, they show EVERYTHING!  I was not going for perfection, so one pass of each grit was fine, but if this was a paying job I probably would have gone back to 1000 and worked my way up again.  I polished them using an electric drill with an old Green Focus pad + PCP, and followed that with a White Focus pad + PFP.  I finished with a lens coating, that I hope lasts a long time!

Took me a few days as I have to work in bits and pieces.

Here's the process so far,

Day 1

Clayed, top to bottom, including the glass.

Washed. Dried

Applied a coat of Adam's Paint Sealant to painted surfaces.

Applied a coat of Adam's Glass Sealant to all the glass.

Rinsed and then applied a coat of Adams' H20 Guard and Gloss (I LOVE THIS!)

Day 2

Cleaned interior surfaces with Adams Leather & Interior cleaner.

Applied a coat of Adam's Leather Conditioner to leather portion of seats, the dash and doors.

Day 3

Light wash and dry.

Thorough wheel cleaning and dry.

Applied coat of Adam's Quick Sealant to wheels.

Applied coat of Adam's Super VRT to tires and rubber trim around roof.

Applied coat of Adam's Quick Sealant to all the hard plastic trim.

Going forward I can just wash and use the quick detail during drying. I will re-apply a fresh coat of H20 Guard and Gloss every few washes.

I'm really pleased with my results and hope that doing this when it's brand new will protect the various finishes.

IMG_2914_zpsmiauxh8j.jpg

IMG_2915_zps0dyggha8.jpg

• 1 month later...

A foam gun rinse down followed by a real 2 bucket wash on my filthy truck.  Started with a full cleaning of the wheels (including using the Wheel Woolie on the barrels), then foamed the tonneau cover and scrubbed it with a upholstery brush.  Probably will only do Rinseless washes until the pollen starts falling in February. 

Started this buffing project. My old 98 GMC. I've owned it since new just didn't get waxed as much as I should have, so it was showing the abuse. I stripped, 2 stepped (buffed and polished), brilliant glaze and LPS. So far I've finished the hood and tailgate.

You can see the heavy swirls in the fender still. That's the next panels I'm hitting.

CC20AE00-F163-4FF0-AC05-B338610206DB_zps

What do you guys think I should try on the faded wiper arms? Or just repaint them?

Edited by FrozenWS6

I was going to wash the Booboo van but my mother and then my wife filled my day. While enjoying dinner on the deck with my wife and daughters I noticed my deck box experiment already had reached it's end. One week ago today I cleaned the deck box with APC @ 10:1, dried it and then applied a vinyl protectant to the lid. I did one coat of each.

980F8076-BE1E-4871-85ED-1F3186D1EB69_zps

Not the best picture but you can see the coverage is uniform. Whichever one lasted longer gets the job of protecting the whole box.

1DF191B2-902E-482F-898D-A6AA026E3339_zps

SVRT for the win!

Now to get an order together since I'll finish off the remainder of that little sample bottle on the deck box

The wife's Accord got washed on Sunday.  Full wash on the wheels/tires, followed by a Rinseless wash that included HGG while the panels were still wet.  I am still amazed at how slick the car wthen HGG is fresh! 

Two bucket washed the Dart with Adam's Pink Car Shampoo.  Dart was covered in gravel dust from local roads being tarred and chipped yesterday. This is what was left behind in the driveway AFTER I had rinsed the driveway down.

3890C64C-EC3B-417E-987E-88094E067CCB_zps

Glad I didn't Rinseless Wash it like I had planned, though I probably would have been fine with my presoak process.

Note: Pic is from previous wash aftermath.

874020FC-66BB-4484-BBB6-5AA159CB44A9_zps