Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

On 3/8/2019 at 11:50 AM, mc2hill said:

@them240i That engine bay looks clean!  You may want to try some VRT 'milk' for the engine bay.  Mix VRT 50/50 with distilled water in a spray bottle, spray on the plastics, and level with a 'work' microfiber.

When I used the VRT on the engine cover of the Jetta, it looked amazing. And since it is going to rain tomorrow, I plan on detailing the engine bay of the Jetta, and this time, I'm planning on removing the plastic bits and restoring them individually. 

4 minutes ago, them240i said:

When I used the VRT on the engine cover of the Jetta, it looked amazing. And since it is going to rain tomorrow, I plan on detailing the engine bay of the Jetta, and this time, I'm planning on removing the plastic bits and restoring them individually. 

I use APC to clean, and VRT and In & Out Spray to dress. I've also seen some people use Interior Detailer on the engine bay and it looked great. 

Going to be close to 60 tomorrow :banana::banana: so once the rain ends early A.M. I'm going to give the daily a good going over.  HOPEFULLY I won't need the snowblower any more this year!!  

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

I use APC to clean, and VRT and In & Out Spray to dress. I've also seen some people use Interior Detailer on the engine bay and it looked great. 

I'll have to try the Interior Detailer as I used the Quick Detailer and it worked really well. 

5 minutes ago, IAcamoprincess01 said:

Can't wait until it warms up here so I can finally do a good hand wash!

I started a little too early this morning as my fingers were literally getting numb when finishing the Escalade but it warmed up enough by the time I started the Volvo...  I've got to leave soon so time was of the essence.  

But I'm with you, a warm up soon will be appreciated.  Though shortly after it comes, comes all that wonderful green pollen! 🌳

40 minutes ago, Parad0x said:

I started a little too early this morning as my fingers were literally getting numb when finishing the Escalade but it warmed up enough by the time I started the Volvo...  I've got to leave soon so time was of the essence.  

But I'm with you, a warm up soon will be appreciated.  Though shortly after it comes, comes all that wonderful green pollen! 🌳

When I do wash outside when it's cold I like to wear runners gloves and cover them with longer nitrile gloves.  Little bit of insulation and hand don't get wet, still have plenty of dexterity!

29 minutes ago, blcksilv08 said:

When I do wash outside when it's cold I like to wear runners gloves and cover them with longer nitrile gloves.  Little bit of insulation and hand don't get wet, still have plenty of dexterity!

Excellent recommendation, Thanks! 

Got the daily all shiny and clean today.  It was only in the upper 40's and windy, but the sun was shining.  Now we'll see how long it will stay clean. With all the snow melting now, all the roads are wet and still salty and full of cinders.  If anyone has any connections with the Powerball gods, put in a good word for me!  I need to MOVE! 

Broke 50* so was able to get the cars washed....noticed this on my MDX..F458FD42-D347-4014-8D05-07C1160BA673.thumb.jpeg.2f17bab33f81029fe0adb2a099b4a9c3.jpeg

half way down the side of entire car the water was no longer beading. (I tried making an arrow..not sure if u can see it). 

I CC the car last June. Since then its had at least 2 coats of Cpw, numerous CB and DS

Im assuming the waters reaction is a lack of paint protection????? I plan on spring Paint correction and re-coating anyway.     Can anybody tell why it may look like that ?

@Rich

I hear ya on that!!

Was a nice day out. Was in the 40’s but sunny. Tried out the Ultra Foaming shampoo sample that was sent in my last Adams order in the foam gun. Worked pretty well. Not sure I would buy that over the regular shampoo. The regular shampoo does a good job in the foam gun. I did try out the new H2OGG 2.0 today for some protection. Still holding out to do spring paint correction before throwing down the ceramic spray coating. 

Tire Armor is still holding up well. 

Trim coating I applied about a month ago is looking real nice still. 

16 hours ago, tlbullet said:

Broke 50* so was able to get the cars washed....noticed this on my MDX..F458FD42-D347-4014-8D05-07C1160BA673.thumb.jpeg.2f17bab33f81029fe0adb2a099b4a9c3.jpeg

half way down the side of entire car the water was no longer beading. (I tried making an arrow..not sure if u can see it). 

I CC the car last June. Since then its had at least 2 coats of Cpw, numerous CB and DS

Im assuming the waters reaction is a lack of paint protection????? I plan on spring Paint correction and re-coating anyway.     Can anybody tell why it may look like that ?

Did you happen to feel the surface in that area? Sometimes contaminates can stick to the surface even being coated, especially in an area that gets spray from the road. I still have to use Iron Remover and clay every so often in areas like that. If the rest of the car is still beading pretty good I would check that first. 

5 hours ago, blcksilv08 said:

Did you happen to feel the surface in that area? Sometimes contaminates can stick to the surface even being coated, especially in an area that gets spray from the road. I still have to use Iron Remover and clay every so often in areas like that. If the rest of the car is still beading pretty good I would check that first. 

I will try IR as soon as weather breaks..🤞🏼

For all my northern friends, while I know you've had a brutal winter and the temps are finally coming around, we'll be a few weeks before we can get back to our normal wash routines in the south.  This is the pollen on my truck from today after I drove home from work.   If there is the slightest breeze, you see the yellow clouds coming off the trees and there is just no way to prevent it.

In my screen room, the screens act like a flour sifter and when you walk out there you leave foot prints like you do with a dusting of snow.  The best I can do this time of year is to rinse it outside then go in the garage and close the door and do a waterless wash to get it clean.  The pollen is so bad, that you do need to rinse it off before you do anything else. 

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:54 AM, IAcamoprincess01 said:

Can't wait until it warms up here so I can finally do a good hand wash!

No kidding, we have gone from negative temps last week to with it going to get to almost 60 today, but now it rain everyday and all the snow melting. Maybe the roads will dry up next week??

58 minutes ago, Black Bowtie said:

No kidding, we have gone from negative temps last week to with it going to get to almost 60 today, but now it rain everyday and all the snow melting. Maybe the roads will dry up next week??

I know after the Winter we have had....I'm a little scared to see what this Spring brings.

8 hours ago, IAcamoprincess01 said:

I know after the Winter we have had....I'm a little scared to see what this Spring brings.

Our summer was so wet last year that I put less than 1000 miles on the Vette, and only got to cut the back grass 3 times!!  Didn't even get cut before the first snow because it's a literal swamp in the yard.  So what I'm hoping for more than anything is DRY!  Our water tables are overflowing, so a dry summer, or even a more normal spring and summer would be greatly appreciated.