Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

15 hours ago, Rich said:

Our summer was so wet last year that I put less than 1000 miles on the Vette, and only got to cut the back grass 3 times!!  Didn't even get cut before the first snow because it's a literal swamp in the yard.  So what I'm hoping for more than anything is DRY!  Our water tables are overflowing, so a dry summer, or even a more normal spring and summer would be greatly appreciated. 

Yeah I hear ya. Around here we had over a foot of snow before Thanksgiving, now that its melting you all the leaves that never got raked up ...its been a weird year. I just hope no tornadoes. 

11 hours ago, IAcamoprincess01 said:

Yeah I hear ya. Around here we had over a foot of snow before Thanksgiving, now that its melting you all the leaves that never got raked up ...its been a weird year. I just hope no tornadoes. 

Never had a tornado touch down near me, but have seen one start to.  But we get massive storm systems that come over our town and because we're in a valley, they get trapped here.  Three major floods, the last of which destroyed our city and took out all of our industry jobs.   We've had storms come through where I've had 3 50 foot pine trees come down on my house (that was an experience) .  But I can't ever remember the weather being like it's been these past two years  not just here, but everywhere.  Plus this snow cyclone storm over Colorado yesterday? Snow cyclone??? Who ever heard of something like that?  But I'm just glad I'm not shoveling 4' of snow. Been there, done that.

Last night I gave the SS a quick rinseless wash so I could see if I received any damage from these and many others like it that fell from the sky yesterday afternoon.

b260ef365f15f66ac57a9f38d8a16394.jpg

cd1435d9ed744f59835efcc4219f49c5.jpg

Nope! No damage.

This morning I drove in the rain to go get the tires rotated and an oil change.  Tomorrow morning she’ll get another rinseless wash. The wife’s Beast though will get a real bath. That thing is nasty right now.

Edited by Captain Slow

On March 14, 2019 at 8:14 PM, Rich said:

Never had a tornado touch down near me, but have seen one start to.  But we get massive storm systems that come over our town and because we're in a valley, they get trapped here.  Three major floods, the last of which destroyed our city and took out all of our industry jobs.   We've had storms come through where I've had 3 50 foot pine trees come down on my house (that was an experience) .  But I can't ever remember the weather being like it's been these past two years  not just here, but everywhere.  Plus this snow cyclone storm over Colorado yesterday? Snow cyclone??? Who ever heard of something like that?  But I'm just glad I'm not shoveling 4' of snow. Been there, done that.

Wow that sounds rough. I don't know what is going on with the weather..lets hope it gets better soon.

9 hours ago, Ls1transam said:

I polished a 260k+ mile Corrola. 

DC28775B-CCBA-4751-ACFD-F8D4ED80B8CF.jpeg

Those are some of the most satisfying jobs.  I've polished everything from Veyrons to rare original cars to new cars and the results on someone's high mileage daily drivers are the best turn around for the amount of work put in.

1 minute ago, blcksilv08 said:

Those are some of the most satisfying jobs.  I've polished everything from Veyrons to rare original cars to new cars and the results on someone's high mileage daily drivers are the best turn around for the amount of work put in.

This one was a pain. I don’t have any aggressive clay and I’m assuming this car had never been detailed before. After washing and iron decon. Thepai t felt like sand paper, literally. I had to clay, clay and clay some more.

2 minutes ago, Ls1transam said:

This one was a pain. I don’t have any aggressive clay and I’m assuming this car had never been detailed before. After washing and iron decon. Thepai t felt like sand paper, literally. I had to clay, clay and clay some more.

Been there my friend! It feels so right though when complete. Not sure if it will let me insert this video clip or not from my phone.....  Was it like this?

Yesterday I was able to finally get some work done on my truck.

Started off by giving it a quick wash and dry with DS. Wasn’t that dirty. Just washed it last week or so with a freash application of H2.OGG. 

Pulled the tires, wheel cleaner, and wash both the face and inside barrel. Set them aside to dry. (1 neighbor commented on me washing the inside of the barrels. “Wow, I have never seen anyone clean the inside of the rims”) 

Pulled the calipers, brake pads, caliper brackets, and rotors. 

Cleaned and sanded the calipers and caliper brackets. 

Painted the calipers and brackets matte black. 

Installed new rotors, brake pads, reassembled calipers. 

Applied Ceramic Spray Coating to the inside barrels and the front face of the rims. 

Rotated and reinstalled tires. 

Only second time doing brakes, first time doing rotors and painting calipers. Went fairly smooth. Started at about 10am.  Took  the test drive at about 6pm. Drove about 35 miles to work this am with all 4 tires still firmly attached and no squeaks, creeks, or groans so that was a bonus! 

Edited by Firebuff17

Following this week's bilzzard aftermath, my car is almost too dirty for a full waterless (about a 4 out of 10). But I couldn't wait to try the Ceramic Waterless Wash so did only the hood this evening. Awesome product! Now I can't wait for morning to see it in the sun 😀...

IMG_20190317_201133.thumb.jpg.36bdb55b11f6bf0ae99b924b9923140c.jpg

Can you guess which side is treated?

Did all but the tires and wheels tonight. All I can say about this is WOW!!! So much so, it deserved a cameo in each pic 😆. It's hard to get white to shine, but this is an incredible product, and it's already quickly moving up the ranks of my Adam's favorites...

IMG_20190321_170236.thumb.jpg.15c812d647b2d2adcd43c6bc18dbc625.jpg

IMG_20190321_171101.thumb.jpg.55e71b238a8097176ac518183e3c9924.jpg

IMG_20190321_171147.thumb.jpg.dcfad59906f6bb2377a9293dda4fa0c3.jpg

IMG_20190321_171303.thumb.jpg.11d1351b569497ea5bc459f2a8bdf22a.jpg

On 3/13/2019 at 6:00 PM, Rich said:

Our summer was so wet last year that I put less than 1000 miles on the Vette, and only got to cut the back grass 3 times!!  Didn't even get cut before the first snow because it's a literal swamp in the yard.  So what I'm hoping for more than anything is DRY!  Our water tables are overflowing, so a dry summer, or even a more normal spring and summer would be greatly appreciated. 

I know what you mean y backyard is also a swamp let’s all hope for a somewhat a normal spring and summer 

Although the pollen count was at 10.5 today, I had to knock to get the vehicles back to being Red instead of Pollen Yellow.    The pollen is already accumulating again, but I know they were clean earlier.  The truck was so bad it required a 3 bucket wash - I had to change the rinse bucket during the wash.  The Range Rover and Malibu were not that bad.

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

7 minutes ago, RayS said:

Although the pollen count was at 10.5 today, I had to knock to get the vehicles back to being Red instead of Pollen Yellow.    The pollen is already accumulating again, but I know they were clean earlier.  The truck was so bad it required a 3 bucket wash - I had to change the rinse bucket during the wash.  The Range Rover and Malibu were not that bad.

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

Wouldn't pollen turn them orange?! Lookin' great, Ray...nice work😎!

58 minutes ago, Rich said:

Didn't wash, shine or polish anything today, but did look at some .  Looking for a new daily driver.  Just can't find what I like AND can afford. 

I've bought several cars on Auto Trader and had good success with each. Might be something to check, if you haven't already. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing pics...

I have no issues buying a car with a couple  thousand miles on it.   Problem is, I know what I want (Cadillac XTS or XT5 or XT4) .  Found some, but I want it all (sunroof, cooled seats, universal garage door opener, light colored interior, and most of all AWD).   That's what I have now and I don't want to go backwards.  Looked at the new Blazers.  I like them, wife says they look like a truck.  Like the Acura RDX too.  Something will turn up.  There's no big rush.

• 2 weeks later...

The '98 Mustang got cleaned up today with a nice bath, ceramic boost and little extra pop with some Brilliant Glaze.   The car does it outside at my daughters house and was wax on January 19th with Ceramic Wax.  The pollen did not stick to as much as the other vehicles, but it still needed a rinse before I put the shampoo on it.  The first picture is the water running of  the Ceramic Wax after almost 2 1/2 months of the wax being there.  I'm most certainly pleased with the longevity of the Ceramic Wax

The second picture is after washing, drying with Ceramic Boost and then going over it with BG.  If the rain holds off on Sunday, it is going to a local Cruise In.  

I'm still looking for the next project vehicle, so don't hesitate to reach out if you see a Red vehicle in need of some love and it doesn't matter what part of the country it is in, the older the better.

IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

• 2 weeks later...