Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

12 hours ago, SgtLip said:

Okay, NO MORE Yellow Subaru. Went and got me a new 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid. I didn't do anything to the interior except TRY to clean the windows. 

On Sunday: After getting some great help from @Nickfire20

• I used a whole bottle of Iron Remover and there was more fallout than I ever imagined for a new car.

IMG_0404.thumb.jpeg.7aa28c2760140a7edcbd5c0ec7020481.jpeg

• I had a piece of a bottle of Wheel Cleaner which was just enough for all four wheels
  • Then I rinsed and dried the entire car
  • I then used the Adam's White Fine Grade Clay Bar with DS and clayed the complete car. After I was done, I remembered I forgot to clay the wheels. Maybe next time
  • I put maybe 3 ounces of Car Shampoo and 3 ounces of Eco All Purpose Cleaner in the Foam Cannon and the Wash Bucket
  • I foamed the entire car, there was a lot of foam. And I used the mit and washed the entire car and then rinsed with the power washer
  • I used my blower and dried the car. There wasn't enough left to towel dry but I drug it over everything anyway
  • I then parked it in the garage while this old man went in and got him some Air Conditioning. I figured I'd let both me and the car cool down a bit as the sun was hitting the trunk and back window
  • After an hour or two I went out into the garage and applied the Surface Prep spray to the entire car
  • Once that was complete I applied the Ceramic Spray Coating and let it cure overnight

Monday (Today):

• Got up early this morning and applied the Ceramic Boost
  • Pulled the car out of the garage and applied the Tire Shine
  • I noticed there were at least a million streaks on the exterior of the glass that I didn't see yesterday after applying the Ceramic Spray Coating. I assumed it was from the Ceramic Boost I applied today. After going onto the Forum asking for help, it was suggested to try Ceramic Waterless Wash. I'm happy to say, IT WORKED!!

This being my very first time to do anything other than run it through the chemical tunnel, I have to say, it looks pretty darn good for a rookie. THANKS TO EVERYONE who guided me. I can't begin to thank everyone but just to give a shout out to a few: @falcaineer @Nickfire20 @mc2hill @Rich @SouthernSteve and a Host of Others.

IMG_0436.thumb.jpeg.42dfc675ad211906b767a448a6ba1c6b.jpeg

With your new car purchase, Donald, you had looking to see if the Avalon came in AWD.  It’s beautiful!  Kudos for a job well done...👍

Edited by SouthernSteve

1 hour ago, SouthernSteve said:

With your new car purchase, Donald, you had looking to see if the Avalon came in AWD.  It’s beautiful!  Kudos for a job well do everyone...👍

I had an AWD Subaru Forester. Living in Central Florida, I found very little use for it. But no I didn't even ask.

7 minutes ago, SgtLip said:

I had an AWD Subaru Forester. Living in Central Florida, I found very little use for it. But no I didn't even ask.

Sorry, I meant to put “me” in between had and looking.  I researched it and it doesn’t.  We are looking to relocate to eastern TN plus we go visit my family up north in December.  

Good Luck with the Avalon!

5 hours ago, SgtLip said:

Okay, NO MORE Yellow Subaru. Went and got me a new 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid. I didn't do anything to the interior except TRY to clean the windows. 

On Sunday: After getting some great help from @Nickfire20

• I used a whole bottle of Iron Remover and there was more fallout than I ever imagined for a new car.

IMG_0404.thumb.jpeg.7aa28c2760140a7edcbd5c0ec7020481.jpeg

• I had a piece of a bottle of Wheel Cleaner which was just enough for all four wheels
  • Then I rinsed and dried the entire car
  • I then used the Adam's White Fine Grade Clay Bar with DS and clayed the complete car. After I was done, I remembered I forgot to clay the wheels. Maybe next time
  • I put maybe 3 ounces of Car Shampoo and 3 ounces of Eco All Purpose Cleaner in the Foam Cannon and the Wash Bucket
  • I foamed the entire car, there was a lot of foam. And I used the mit and washed the entire car and then rinsed with the power washer
  • I used my blower and dried the car. There wasn't enough left to towel dry but I drug it over everything anyway
  • I then parked it in the garage while this old man went in and got him some Air Conditioning. I figured I'd let both me and the car cool down a bit as the sun was hitting the trunk and back window
  • After an hour or two I went out into the garage and applied the Surface Prep spray to the entire car
  • Once that was complete I applied the Ceramic Spray Coating and let it cure overnight

Monday (Today):

• Got up early this morning and applied the Ceramic Boost
  • Pulled the car out of the garage and applied the Tire Shine
  • I noticed there were at least a million streaks on the exterior of the glass that I didn't see yesterday after applying the Ceramic Spray Coating. I assumed it was from the Ceramic Boost I applied today. After going onto the Forum asking for help, it was suggested to try Ceramic Waterless Wash. I'm happy to say, IT WORKED!!

This being my very first time to do anything other than run it through the chemical tunnel, I have to say, it looks pretty darn good for a rookie. THANKS TO EVERYONE who guided me. I can't begin to thank everyone but just to give a shout out to a few: @falcaineer @Nickfire20 @mc2hill @Rich @SouthernSteve and a Host of Others.

IMG_0436.thumb.jpeg.42dfc675ad211906b767a448a6ba1c6b.jpeg

Wow! Really well done, Donald. Yes, a glass of good water absolutely still counts. 😎💯

7 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Wow! Really well done, Donald. Yes, a glass of good water absolutely still counts. 😎💯

@falcaineer  Thanks. I appreciate the stamp of approval from the Master of WHITE even though you are 2,000 miles away and you can't see it in person.

I appreciate all of your words of encouragement and tips and help along the way to accomplishing it for the first time. Again, THANKS.

Edited by SgtLip

Sunday (10/13) I  did a Rinseless wash on the Accord after spending the previous (long) weekend at Melbourne Beach. 

We still have love bugs around, so once we arrived at the hotel I cleaned the front  + windshield with Waterless Wash and a Waterless Wash Towels (they came off fairly easily as I had just put a fresh coat of G&G on).  During the very relaxing trip we had rain a few times, including on the ride home (not complaining as it keeps the love bugs from flying).  I usually would have washed the car as soon as we got home, but they are replacing drainage pipes on our street AND burying the power lines (yay!  hopefully not more week long power outages after hurricanes), so I waited until the dust settled (literally!). 

1 hour ago, mc2hill said:

they are replacing drainage pipes on our street AND burying the power lines (yay!  hopefully not more week long power outages after hurricanes)

YAY!!! I don't understand why they aren't putting them all underground. You'd think they'd get tired of replacing them all the time.

The place I built there off Chuluota there in Corner Lake Estates they buried all of the electric lines. I loved it. The Place I built in Manassas VA they also buried the electric but they ran fiber optic to each and every house. That was really nice for TV and Internet connections.

3 hours ago, SgtLip said:

YAY!!! I don't understand why they aren't putting them all underground. You'd think they'd get tired of replacing them all the time.

The place I built there off Chuluota there in Corner Lake Estates they buried all of the electric lines. I loved it. The Place I built in Manassas VA they also buried the electric but they ran fiber optic to each and every house. That was really nice for TV and Internet connections.

Our neighborhood is buried, but we are on the 'edge' of the development, so there are lines running across the back of the property.  If you lived in Corner Lakes, then you know my area - Union Park.

Edited by mc2hill

22 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

Our neighborhood is buried, but we are on the 'edge' of the development, so there are lines running across the back of the property.  If you lived in Corner Lakes, then you know my area - Union Park.

Know the area well. A friend lived in that neck of the woods. Step-Son lives off Semoran and University. 

I'm behind on my posting of what I did over the weekend.  If it wasn't for being a friend, I'm not sure I could have handled this one.   Sometimes, you have to go against your better judgement and do what is best for the person.   The first picture is as delivered, the second picture is after it had some "shine" put to it.   The rains came in on Sunday, so I didn't get to take an outdoor picture before it departed.

The Dodge paint is rather soft and there are plenty of stone chips for being a 2018.   I offered to correct them if she picks up a Paint Pen and then I'll put CSC on it to try and keep it looking decent a big longer.  At this point, I know the vehicle is clean so as long as nobody else touches it, it shouldn't be too bad to get get prepped for CSC.  

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

49 minutes ago, RayS said:

I'm behind on my posting of what I did over the weekend.  If it wasn't for being a friend, I'm not sure I could have handled this one.   Sometimes, you have to go against your better judgement and do what is best for the person.   The first picture is as delivered, the second picture is after it had some "shine" put to it.   The rains came in on Sunday, so I didn't get to take an outdoor picture before it departed.

The Dodge paint is rather soft and there are plenty of stone chips for being a 2018.   I offered to correct them if she picks up a Paint Pen and then I'll put CSC on it to try and keep it looking decent a big longer.  At this point, I know the vehicle is clean so as long as nobody else touches it, it shouldn't be too bad to get get prepped for CSC.  

@RayS It looks great. I agree with the soft paint comment. I had a 2015 RAM 1500 and it was really soft. But it turned out good.

I polished a fender on my trashed SUV to see if I could get some shine out of it. I was super surprised. But not really because I know Adam's is the best. Started with a WW wipe down then taped off the area. I went over it several times with HCC on a microfiber pad. Then hit it with HCC on a blue foam pad. Then finished up with FP on a white pad. I sealed it up with CPW

IMG_8918.JPEG

IMG_8919.JPEG

IMG_8923.JPEG

IMG_8925.JPEG

IMG_8926.JPEG

IMG_8929.JPEG

• 2 weeks later...

I Rinseless Washed the SS using Adam’s Rinseless Wash and a big red sponge. Under my LED garage lights I see no marring. I then discovered to my horror that I am totally out of wheel cleaner, of any brand. 😳    Rinseless wash worked just fine for the wheels on the car as they are coated, but my winter set which I wanted to put on are very manky. APC helped as did tar remover but the barrels still need a good harsh chemical cleaning followed by clan then wheel coating. Wednesday’s forecast high is in the upper 30’s so the summer only performance tires got to come off.

I did a Rinseless Wash on my truck and finished off a bottle of spray wax from another vendor to add a little protection.  I bought it just as H2O G&G was coming out, and have not used to too much.  There was just enough to do the truck, then I kept the sprayer and tossed the bottle in recycling.  The product had begun to break down some - it had tiny white chunks when sprayed.   If/When the weather cools off I will put Paint Sealant on it.

@Captain Slow  I used the remaining Rinseless Wash to clean the wheels too, and it worked fine, as my truck does not produce much dust.

11 hours ago, mc2hill said:

I did a Rinseless Wash on my truck and finished off a bottle of spray wax from another vendor to add a little protection.  I bought it just as H2O G&G was coming out, and have not used to too much.  There was just enough to do the truck, then I kept the sprayer and tossed the bottle in recycling.  The product had begun to break down some - it had tiny white chunks when sprayed.   If/When the weather cools off I will put Paint Sealant on it.

@Captain Slow  I used the remaining Rinseless Wash to clean the wheels too, and it worked fine, as my truck does not produce much dust.

I too keep the sprayers. They’re like MF towels, you can never have too many.👍🏼👍🏼

11 hours ago, mc2hill said:

then I kept the sprayer and tossed the bottle in recycling. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Slow said:

I too keep the sprayers. They’re like MF towels, you can never have too many.👍🏼👍🏼

I have been as well. Since I'm a Newbie, is there anything you do to them before using again, possibly in a different product? Should I just rinse them with warm water?

7 hours ago, SgtLip said:

I have been as well. Since I'm a Newbie, is there anything you do to them before using again, possibly in a different product? Should I just rinse them with warm water?

When I'm washing a vehicle and empty a bottle, I set it to the side until I'm done with the vehicle.  Then I use the soap bucket to wash it off and squirt plenty of soapy water through it, then I do the same in the rinse bucket.     If it is a product that I'm using when I'm not washing a vehicle, I take it in the house and rinse it in the sink, again squirting clean water through it.

The Mustang received some much needed attention this weekend, which I'll post the details about in my Mustang thread.  However, this picture with three Red vehicles, came our rather nice, so I'm posting it here, since they all some attention this weekend.   The three colors are Mustang Red, Cajun Red and Red Quartz.    In the addition, the Dogwood is finally starting to turn colors, so that means the rest are only a month or so away from changing also.  

IMG_0573.JPG

^  Our trees are mostly bare now. 😟  ^

Saturday I rinseless washed the SS using big red sponge on top and many MF cloths for everything below the door handles. Yesterday I went to wash the wife’s Beast but discovered I had no clean drying towels. Guess it’s time to stock up come Black Friday.  Instead of washing her Beast I brought in all chemicals and towels from the garage and parked them in the basement where they’ll stay until spring.

I rinseless washed the SS using Adam’s Rinseless wash and a bucket full of MF rags in a bucket of warm water. Pretreated each panel with Kwazar sprayer filled with warm wash solution. Car was pretty clean but had a bit of road salt dust on it, especially behind the wheels. Wheels were cleaned with the same product but in the wheel bucket. I did apply Adam’s Ceramic Boost to the wheels for added protection in the upcoming winter. I used the last of the CarPro Perl I had on the tires. Then it was time for a quick shower before picking up the girls from school. (They hate my SS.)🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Thursday night, did a Ceramic Waterless Wash on the Raptor, and a quick vacuum and application of Leather Conditioner, so that it was real shiny and smelling good for its oil change at the dealership.  Most of the service dept guys know that I use Adam's Polishes, so I like to make sure it looks good.  My service rep took his coworker out and told him, "you wanna see the cleanest truck that will ever roll through here?"

Today, did an inside and out detail on the little Rouge Sport.  H2O Guard & Gloss makes this metallic gray paint really pop!  So much easier to detail this little go-cart, compared to my big truck.

20191110_173857.jpg

20191110_173914.jpg

I decided to be nice to the son-in-law today since between him and my daughter they are almost living at the restaurant being temporarily short two managers.   The truck has CSC on it and today it was washed, dried with Ceramic Boost and then I went over it with Brilliant Glaze to make it pop. 

As painful as it is to do a non-red vehicle, the Ford Blue does look pretty good.

IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0576.JPG