Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

Paul, I'd send those pics directly to Chevrolet and let  them know this is what their dealership is doing.  Save the next person's car.  You did a great recovery afterwards.  Like the summer wheels on your SS.  We're seeing a lot more nice cars on the streets here in PA too with this nice winter.  Streets were salt free until three nights ago and the salt trucks went out in force for the 1/2" of snow we got.  🤬   Won't be long now, and hopefully we won't get a big snow storm before we can count on it being over for the year.  

@Captain Slow I know this isn’t the right thread, but I have to react here.  That is absolutely asinine!  I would have lost my mind!  With that being said the last experiences at my Chevy Dealership have been rough,  1st they broke my wheel lock and didn’t tell me, i found it hours later on vacation, and most recently went in for routine service,  sat in the waiting room for 2 hours just to be told they hadn’t started it yet, I kept my professional composure, but demanded my car right then and left.  Oh and one more I forgot, stone thru my brand new Tahoe windshield over the summer,  set up a replacement, they can’t give me a time frame, keep dragging their feet etc...they had it for 3 days, it comes back with greasy belly prints all over both front fenders and the hood now closes on an offset, I never even mentioned it, they f’in suck.  I’m convinced dealers just snag your money from the original sale and run!  Hate them! And this is also one of the largest Chevy dealers in the US and the top seller of Corvettes!

Edited by Nickfire20

On 3/2/2020 at 9:35 AM, Rich said:

Paul, I'd send those pics directly to Chevrolet and let  them know this is what their dealership is doing.  Save the next person's car.  You did a great recovery afterwards.  Like the summer wheels on your SS.  We're seeing a lot more nice cars on the streets here in PA too with this nice winter.  Streets were salt free until three nights ago and the salt trucks went out in force for the 1/2" of snow we got.  🤬   Won't be long now, and hopefully we won't get a big snow storm before we can count on it being over for the year.  

Rich, I did my survey today and am awaiting a response. The previous Chevy dealer I used had a mechanic who thought it was acceptable to light up the tires on the SS not once but twice. It’s sad I can’t trust someone with a simple oil change. My wife does recommend her Dodge dealership as the service bay and waiting room are separated only by a wall of windows and there is only one entrance.

Perhaps I can go back to doing my own maintenance but that would involve improvements in my garage...🤔

On 3/3/2020 at 8:29 PM, Captain Slow said:

Rich, I did my survey today and am awaiting a response. The previous Chevy dealer I used had a mechanic who thought it was acceptable to light up the tires on the SS not once but twice. It’s sad I can’t trust someone with a simple oil change. My wife does recommend her Dodge dealership as the service bay and waiting room are separated only by a wall of windows and there is only one entrance.

Perhaps I can go back to doing my own maintenance but that would involve improvements in my garage...🤔

Taking my Nox in for an inspection Monday. My dealership is about 40 miles from where I live. I always laugh when they ask me if I'm waiting.....where else could I go?  But yeah, I don't let my daily out of my sight, and I tell them going in that under no circumstances are they to wash it. As for the Vette, there's only ONE guy I trust to do any work on it and we're  buddies.  We sit and bs and have a beer while he's working.   Hope you get some response from Chevy.  They're not the best on getting back to people. 

Finally adamized my sis in laws pilot.  Compound, polish, brilliant glaze, sealant and ceramic liquid. Tires and glass sealed, full interior job as well as deodorizer. Also took the one step kit to the headlights and sealed those as well, you can see how oxidized they were on the before pic. She was super happy, I welcomed her to the Adam's way of life 😀

Also cleaned up the wrangler, did some trim restore and installed the anti tailgate spray, I mean tire shine, or as my tailgaters may say "tire blind" 👍

20200201_114553.jpg

20200201_114758.jpg

20200307_162554.jpg

20200308_134503.jpg

20200308_134517.jpg

20200308_162041.jpg

20200307_101602.jpg

After church services today mom's 2016 Toyota Corolla got a quick wash. I foamed the car using a competitor’s foaming surface prep wash. While that dwelled I cleaned the tires with some TW tire cleaner that had been hiding out in the basement for a few years. Wheels were cleaned with competitor’s foaming surface prep wash. After rinsing almost all visible dirt and road film appeared to have been removed. I washed it using several MF wash pads/mitts in a bucket along A competitor’s car wash. I rinsed it off then blew it dry with a leaf blower. Since it’s ceramic coated I gave it a layer of Adam’s Ceramic Boost. Wheels also got a layer of Ceramic Boost and tires got Adam’s Tire Shine.

C0C3E461-E3AD-4733-8F51-006176B0712E.thumb.jpeg.c0788d199892bc5ef0f3e5be9e2d51f2.jpeg
Mom is a very healthy 85 and as long as she’s able to safely drive I’ll keep her ride shiny and swirl free.  She told her Toyota dealer service writer to not wash her car last week as I was doing it this weekend...and they listened!

Edited by Captain Slow

Did my wife’s CRV, completely forgot a pic then it got late and we had to run...

purple wheel and tire cleaner.. Wash n Wax shampoo.  New VRT on tires and trim.  New Detail Spray (which so far i do not like at all, and it did nothing as a drying aid, doesn’t absorb well, reminds me of old thermometers when the mercury spilled out, and just pushes around on the surface)  

Did the door jambs and floor mats as well.  Mats are spray coated, so i hit them with CS3 afterwards 

I detailed two filthy cars on Saturday - an 10 year old Hyundai Elantra and a 2008 Mustang GT California Special.  Both live outside, under large oak trees, and neither interior had been cleaned for a loooong time.  I knew it was going to be a lot of work (oh, and they have a white dog and both cars have black carpet), but decided I would get them properly cleaned.

I started with the Elantra interior, then did a Rinseless Wash, using H2O G&G to provide some shine & protection while the panel was wet.   It was a challenge, as the shade was gone and  water was evaporating in the roof.  I worked smaller sections, and the car looked amazing.  I cleaned the wheels with APC and the tires with T&RC, but I was a long way from the building so I rinsed them with Rinseless Wash (at wash strength) in my Adam's pump-up sprayer (I do this with pre-war cars too). 

Swapped to the Mustang and did the wheels/tires the same way for that, but used a Utility Towel to dry them.  Then washed the Mustang with the same method, making the Dark Candy Apple Red really shine.  This model is one of 4,918 coupes and one of 1,278 in Red.  Next was the correction of the headlights and driving lights - wetsanding with 1000, 1500, 2000, and polishing + coating.  Finally did the interior, which had very grimy door panels and carpets.         

The customer was very happy, and I was very tired!

I had a retired friend come by for a couple of days from Upstate NY his truck needed a way before continuation of their trip to Florida.  They tow a 35' 5th wheel and have plenty of miles on the 2014 diesel dually all wheel drive rig.  The interesting item was that they have had the truck for a while and I was told that he could never really get it to shine.   Now, they are planning on putting in a Adam's order when they get to the Finger Lakes region.   

The truck is a whole lot of black to get the Upstate NY road grime and they had been in NC camping in an area with red clay and I forgot to take a before picture.  I told him the come back by and spend a few days, we can polish it out properly and coat it.  As is it took the two of us about 5 hours to get it looking like this.

The dog in the back is Ellie and she owns my youngest daughter, but my wife and I get to babysit and spoil her on a regular basis.

IMG_0618.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Completed a full correction on my 2013 HD Soft Tail Breakout. It had been under a cover in the garage for a couple months. It was clean. Did a Waterless Wash, Clay Bar, Compound, Polish, and finished her off with Ceramic Spray Coating. Used my Adam's Micro Cordless SK Polisher. Great little machine.

20200316_152535.jpg

I detailed my mother-in-laws Grand Marquis.  Wow, that is a big car!   The car sits outside, under large oak trees, and does not get driven much, so it gets some mold and stains.  I have been washing with an Adam's Wheel Brush and a bug sponge, then spray with H2O G&G.  It looked muuuch better when I was done. She made lunch, and I fixed a few more things around house.  

I tried to setup her Ipad for the online Church service, but could never find the URL, and never heard back from them from email I sent Saturday.    

1 hour ago, shooterjgs said:

Yep... Just like the title says... I "Washed, shined and polished" it today... 

1499347321_IMG_20200301_1810362.thumb.jpg.d0cbab580555fd4d9cd2638b8ba80aed.jpg

TOTAL HONESTY, this is the first black car I have ever liked the looks of. It is totally awesome.

Good Job!!  :patriot:  From an Air Force Guy to an Army Guy. I salute you.

Thanks Sgt...  Not Ceramic coated but all I use is anything ceramic and only SI02 infused from Adams.... Ceramics Are great... Oh yea and thank you for your service... 👍

Edited by shooterjgs

I CSC both my cars. Although I CC both of them in the fall, i couldnt resist the BF deal so grabbed the CSC.  (I know it’s probably overkill). 
  The CSC is sooooo easy to use.  It was very easy to apply and remove.  I was afraid of streaking on my black car, but it was much easier to remove then First gen CB!  Nearly streakless!   Probably used less than 1/3 of the bottle for both cars. 62C3A414-DEE1-4598-81C9-32350753159D.thumb.jpeg.f498e6d5395c8e375d8a2ff51663f4b1.jpeg

Edited by tlbullet

Yesterday I rinseless washed the SS using Adam’s Rinseless and several MF towels in a bucket. I used Ceramic Boost after I dried the vehicle because why not? Plus I have a gallon of it to use. 😁. Wheels and tires were cleaned with same wash solution after the car was clean. All wheels got Adam’s  Ceramic Boost and tires got Adam’s Tire Shine. I hit the side marker doodads with In & Out Spray as they were starting to look grey instead of black. 
9B206F39-F145-4CA8-9710-046A44224189.thumb.jpeg.c2773b01deedb6ecb3745bad5ab47a03.jpeg
4F78E197-F866-4434-A8A4-A77584ABE755.thumb.jpeg.ed68e59417c27f0e5b73a39892a4f9d8.jpeg

Sadly what with this Wuhan Corona virus quarantine our parking lot which usually has about two dozen vehicles in after I leave the office only had one other...😢. That just kills me. Those are not just my coworkers, they’re my friends, some of whom I’ve known for almost forty years.

B026C532-C89A-4673-8AB7-9E60AC185F0B.thumb.jpeg.d1be5fa38b7f6d50507d2c8543fa7450.jpeg

This s*** can’t get over soon enough.

Edited by Captain Slow

Yesterday I rinseless washed the wife’s Beast. I used the many MF towels in a bucket method with ONR. Each panel was wiped twice and after second pass I hit the surface with Adam’s clay mitt. Each panel was dried then treated to a spritz of Adam’s Ceramic Boost. Trim was scrubbed with Adam’s APC, rinsed then given a wipe down with a competitor’s  black trim restorer. Wheels got Ceramic Boost and tires got Adam’s Tire Shine. Under the hood I used the remaining rinseless solution in a sprayer and wiped everything down. Mrs. Captain Slow is very pleased to say the least. 😁
6B124267-2A49-48A2-A20B-B285752040CE.thumb.jpeg.36615989ac0b92353c05212ccbc0dfc8.jpeg